OT: So When Will Plastic Bottles/Packaging Become Illegal?

Amigo

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

or you could, e.g., contribute financially to an effort to clean up the Pacific Gyre. but, again, that would require YOU to take responsibility, and you'd rather have governments attempt to force your wishes on somebody else. it's always easier to blame somebody else from your comfy chair, isn't it?

You've got no {censored}ing idea what I do or do not donate whatever pathetic amounts of money I have to, but yeah; if I can either spend my time throwing a few quid the way of someone looking to pick this stuff up, or write to my MP to encourage government efforts to reduce the GROWTH of the {censored}ing things, I'll take the government prevention over the libertarian bull{censored} (Why should the market not decide that a planet covered in landfill isn't preferable? Why should financial efficiency be considered the epitome of perfection?)

• 2 years later...
  • Members

As far as I am concerned ,it doesnot matter whether using plastic bottles is legal or illegal but how to recycle them and making sure they do no harm to human being that really matters. It is just like insurance. Fortunately, the hi-tech has made it possible. The best way is to pyrolysising them to biodiesel and useful byproducts. Maybe it is not strange for you . For the details ,you can click :http://www.doinggroup.com/ Contact us: Company: Henan Doing Mechanical Equipment Co.,Ltd Address:Room NO.3,4th floor,Building 18,Area A,Yingxie Garden,Jinshui District,Zhengzhou,Henan Province,China Tel: +86-371-56771821 Fax: +86-371-86222525 Mobile: +8613643801630 E-mail: market@doinggroup.com

• Members

This may be a cultural point-of-view difference:
I respectfully submit that IF we recycled our plastic waste to a point where we could ensure that plant and non-human-animal life was not endangered, THEN we wouldn't have to worry about 'human harm'.

Also, I hope your company is considering a mid-sea conversion process, so we won't be burning bio-deisel just to drag it all back to the mainland. There's hundreds of square miles of 'raw material' floating out there, just waiting to be converted to bio-fuel.

• Members

i reuse a glass bottle at work for water. rarely drink plastic bottled water, just gatorades and stuff for sports, amigo.

also, maybe that bird should have not eaten so much plastic... survival of the fittest ;)

plastic is much too useful to be illegalized

Archived