OT: So When Will Plastic Bottles/Packaging Become Illegal?

Amigo

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

never. Lobby groups won't let it happen. welcome to america.

Sadly very true...

As for the question, I don't think it will be for a long time. Western man is quite happy to continue in his wasteful and destructive ways because he has become accustomed to the lifestyle that he has built for himself. I personally don't think any kind of real austerity measures will come about until it's realistically very close to crisis point, and by then he will probably have found replacements for oil.

As for my own attitude? I know that I'm very heavily influenced by environmentalism. I went to a fairly radically environmentalist, and overall very 'alternative', school. Or at least, it certainly was then. I like to think that I would still be conscientious if I hadn't, though. Although in my first year of university I saved all of my steel tins (cans?) in a box in my wardrobe because there weren't recycling facilities for them then. I didn't wash them very well. The stench was appalling. :lol:

Now, I think the main thing I would like to improve on is cafe take out cups. I really need to get myself a good reusable one that I can take around and use at Starbucks and the like instead of the disposable cardboard ones. It's just not a hard thing to do.

• Members

Real answer: When the petroleum used to make it is either all gone or less cost effective than glass/aluminum, which might end up being sooner than you think. But don't worry your little head about the environmental impact. If the plastic doesn't add up to something tragic there's enough other things getting {censored}ed up to cause a perfect {censored}storm of environmental collapse, and even then people will find a way to blame it all on blacks, gays and communists.

• Members

It's just not a hard thing to do.

Exactly, this wasteful society is disgusting. I don't mean to rant, but honestly think when you go to mcdonalds, and how much unnecessary trash comes with your meal.... now multiply that by all the times you've ever gone there in your lifetime, then times that by the thousands of people who put that {censored} in their face each day..... that's getting to be a pretty big {censored}ing pile of waste for no good reason.

• Members

The more important question is when will those biodegradable Sun Chips bags become illegal. They crinkle so loud I want to punch a baby.

hahah my friend stuck one of those bags under his girlfriends pillow case and she freaked out.

• Members

Plastic {censored}'s recyclable. Who cares.

:facepalm:

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Recycling is the last resort.

Recycling is pollutive.

How hard is it to have an aluminum canteen or a glass water bottle that you clean out, refrigerate, and refill? How hard?

Or at least to use something that's biodegradable.

• Members

:facepalm:

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Recycling is the last resort.

Recycling is pollutive.

How hard is it to have an aluminum canteen or a glass water bottle that you clean out, refrigerate, and refill? How hard?

Or at least to use something that's biodegradable.

Yay, biodegradable, more miss information :cry: (not calling you out, just trying to save the world).

Nothing is going to biodegrade in a landfill. Nothing! {censored}s so packed in there the aerobic microorganisms can't survive, therefor it just sits in there. You ever see the bit where a guy goes down into a landfill, like digs, and finds a carrot and a newspaper from the 1970's? The carrot still snaps when he bends it. Should have been LONG gone.

There is no hope the way we are going.

Archived