Best cheap pedals

kolapsar

• Members

Definitely DOD. Thier boosts, EQs, modulation and some whacky effects are really good and incredibly cheap. Some of the cheaper Digitech stuff as well, the Digidelay is ~$50 and does a great sample/hold looping thing.

I'd also throw out some of the Mooer copies, though they're very cheap I've heard some good stuff from them. Used, they're a steal. 

• Members

The Danelectro French Toast is awesome and dirt cheap

Some good Behringers are the Harmonist and the Reverb Machine

Ibanez PM7 is super fun (square wave phasing!)

You can get a number of EQ pedals (Fish and Chips, Boss GE7, DOD FX40-B) for under $50, and they are super useful

DOD FX25 sometimes goes for under $50. Those are cool.

Oh, and I think Digiverbs go for under $50 these days. Those are great reverb pedals for shoegaze.

• Members

Stonedtone wrote:

save some money get a real pedal. $120 can het you some good stuff in like Barber

While I definitely agree with this, there are a ton of great budget pedals out there too. None of them will kick the Barbers off of my board, but they'll get you ballpark for the cheaps.

Digitech iStomp has very good clones of most of the stuff the OP listed, and is now

Dano cool cats: the whole line is great in my opinion

Dano fish & chips EQ

Rocktron Hypnotic flange

Lots of the Behringer stuff is good, but hit or miss on those

• Members

I'd say my humble boss collection is kinda cheap, but the only boss peds I really dig probably can't be found under $60. CE-2, FZ-2, FZ-3, VB-2, the whole RC, DD and RV series,...

So I'd say Mooer, as much as I disaprove of their business concept. Can't comment on the rest of their stuff, but at least the three dirt peds I briefly owned sounded damn good to my ears. Talking about the rat, ocd and crunch box clones. I actually kept the latter, sounds really really good to my ears. Again, not that I'm proud of settling for a chinese clone pedal:s

• Members

EHX Double Muff used or new. DOD stuff can vary as the BuzzBox is crap in my opinion but other than that they can make good pedals. Danelectro has a nickname in my group of guitar buddies Danoreha (diahrea) since I had a Danelectro Pastrami overdrive that was useless as well as the octave pedal they make but some people like them so it may just be me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived