FLANGER HOAX LOUNGE (the ultimate)

puretube

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was doing a regular chain. You know od -> mod -> reverb -> delay. The hoax was the mod. I used 2 noise suppressors after the hoax (ISP & MXR). Even with that when I play a string the fizz would accompany the tone. Very loud, but that is if I used the effects output. When I used the direct and blend output together I can keep it pretty quiet.

But I'm getting some good quiet tones and nice mods now if I avoid the effects output. It's a good studio pedal. Too much volume drop for anything else. I'd like to see EH make another like this but they really need to fix that noise.

• Members

Hello Guys,

I'm Arctumeda a french cellist, and I'll buy a FH from a friend.

I've just a little question about this pedal :

What are the trimpots for ?

I can try to turn they when I'll receive the pedal next week-end, but I won't to make a stupidity, so I ask you this little question.

Sorry for my {censored}ty english,

Arctumeda

• Members

^ I'm not getting stereo. I just use the 2 outputs together to remove the fizz. Probably can do that with just the blend output by itself. Reason I do this is cause my next pedal has two stereo inputs. Maybe the direct out helps to retain my natural tone. Don't know.

But with all setups there may be something I'm doing wrong, or my gear doesn't jive well with EH, or a bad pedal. I'm keeping it though cause I'm getting some neat sounds as long as I avoid the effects out.

• Members

Hum, just anothe little question about it : can you say me how do you use the two output together in mono ? ( or stereo ? )

Another member here tried changing the trimpots, and it did not improve the effect. I would recommend leaving them be.

There are 3 outputs: direct, blended, effect

You can use these in any variety of applications if you have a small mixer. For example, send the blended output to channel 1, and send the effect output to channel 2. Pan the two channels hard left and right, and put reverb only on one of the channels. You could get a very spacious sound.

• Members

Thanks Peridot for your post, but I don't have a stereo gear, so ... I think I'll must play with the Fizz ... I post again when I'll receive the pedal this week-end.

Greetings,

Guillaume

Edit : Thank you Fender&EHX4ever for the trick of the passive mixer. I don't have one now but I think I'll do a DIY mixer next mounth.

Thank you, and other FH supportings members for the samples, the settings ... It has contributed a lot that I buy one ( the price I've paid for it too => 90

• Members

• Members

Thank you Fender&EHX4ever, but I've already listen to ( a lot of time ) your sample. My request was just for Peridot1, but I understand him if he doesn't want to make any sample.

Since one week they are too great samples of the Flanger Hoax with some Electronic Gear : http://fr.youtube.com/user/thebarkpetition

and naturaly this video from Aren, from ShortScale http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=3kHIlXwji-o

• Members

Not much time today to set everything up and make a sample ( I keep my gear in the closet). I'll try later if possible. Fender's samples are accurate though.

edit: if you don't mind listening to a long boring song (don't know why I wrote it 9mins long) backup vocals is the flanger hoax.. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=902097&songID=7181436

• Members

Okay , so I received my Flanger Hoax yesterday and spent the afternoon exploring the sonic dementia that is in this matrix of wonderful fooping , wobbily

modulasticity . I also found some very musical , subtle chorusing/vibe/flanging that curbed my jones for an original Electric Mistress (at least for now !) My modulation search has reached its end !:thu::):eek::love::lol:

• Members

Hello People,

I receive my Flanger Hoax today, and I'm happy to say that IT RULES.

The sound of TZF or very deep modulation sound very unbelieveble on my electric cello, so I'll try to make any samples this week end.

The only problem of this pedal is that the quest of the Holy sound of modulation is very very very hard. The way the most effective is to beginn with the settings on this forum.

Thank you all members, to had said that this pedal is not a bull{censored} or a Hoax, like a lot of people said.

Regards from Alps,

Arctumeda, a French electric cellist

• Members

and the cellist used a whole array of EHX pedals and wah and such ... immense crazed sounds !

What's his name ? Have you record anything with this orchestra ? I'm very curious because I'm searching ( and I've found some crazy cellist !! ) cellist arround the world that played other thing that Metal, Livelooping, or Neo-Classical.

Archived