FLANGER HOAX LOUNGE (the ultimate)

puretube

• Members

Maybe a 2nd Hoax would do it $$$...or I might get a Small Clone just for Chorus and keep the Hoax for more extreme stuff...

Go for the Hoax! I bought mine on sale for 200$CDN brand new. There's a good ratio sound/$ on this.

And actually, I can see Jesus when playing on these!!! lol!

Here's my family picture:

lafamilleSunn.jpg

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's the footswitch box you use? Looks useful for controlling many different fx setup one at a time...

It's just a 5 switch looper I made. It has 5 separate true bypass loops so I can take groups of pedals out of my signal path. Reduces the tone suck from so many pedals. Now I just have to get something to replace the technique suck.

your amps are full of WOW!

• Members

This is the Chorus I was looking for!

I just change the value in bold.

With a Muff it's no word to tell how good I love it! Stoner sound!

big thanks to you!

If the Hoax had preset memory like the Hazarai, it would definitely be the ultimate pedal of all! but i'll get used to work with the sheet note for now...it's just for live performance, I wonder how I'm gonna manage that...lol!

of all the settings on the FH Lounge, Fender&EHX4ever's settings have been the most useful for me as well! Once I understand what each dial and switch does in these settings, I use them as points of departure to develop some of my own. Thanks to Fender&EHX4ever...My EHX guru!

• Members
of all the settings on the FH Lounge, Fender&EHX4ever's settings have been the most useful for me as well! Once I understand what each dial and switch does in these settings, I use them as points of departure to develop some of my own. Thanks to Fender&EHX4ever...My EHX guru!

Cheers, mate!!! :love:

I just dialed in your Electric Mistress setting. Excellent! :thu:

• Members

since this lounge popped up I thought I'd add some of my favorite settings

"Chorus-like pseudo-Electric Mistress Flanger"

blend - 10:00-2:00

feedback -10:00-12:00

feedback switch - swept

LIN

mod mode -180 degrees

amount - 10:00

rate - 9:00-10:00

delay mode -1

invert switch - off

fixed switch - bypass

fixed delay - 3:00

swept switch- swept

swept delay -3:30

I like this one! Sounds like my Small Clone with a slight flange.

• Members

The pseudo-Electric Mistress setting is now my main setting.

Gives an excellent space intro to my song...and with the Muff it's amazing.

I Should post a clip of it soon.

I'm glad I found this thread!
:thu:

Cool, I'm glad you liked the setting, so many people think that the Hoax can only do the wacky sounds, now we know different. Shhhh...don't tell anyone, we don't want everyone out there to buy a Flanger Hoax, lets keep the club small, that way our sound will be unique! :lol:

My favorite thing to do with the Hoax now is put a Dano TOD before the Hoax with light gain, then put my BBE Mindbender chorus after the Hoax, then a TS-9DX after with more gain. It sounds very Gilmore-ish/Alex Lifeson-ish, with the DMM at the end...:love:

• Members
Cheers, mate!!!
:love:

I just dialed in your Electric Mistress setting. Excellent!
:thu:

You have an Electric Mistress right? Does this setting even get close? I am curious if the sound in my head (what I think the Electric Mistress sounds like)
is close to the actual unit?

• Members

You have an Electric Mistress right? Does this setting even get close? I am curious if the sound in my head (what I think the Electric Mistress sounds like)

is close to the actual unit?

It's a great setting you found, and close, but not identical. The EM only uses one delay line, so the modulation wave is more symmetrical.

Here's an EM soundclip for comparison: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7095553

• Members
It's a great setting you found, and close, but not identical. The EM only uses one delay line, so the modulation wave is more symmetrical.

Here's an EM soundclip for comparison:
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7095553

thanks...I see what you mean about the symmetrical modulation. I think I still want an Electric Mistress...:facepalm:, I just can't afford one!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

so is it possible to use the dry output and the effected output blended with a Y adapter into another single output pedal? I have been attempting to do this on my board to solve volume drop on some settings with no luck. I just get weird oscillations and noise?

• Members

I use just the blended output if using one output.

If you're using 2 outputs into 2 amps.

Use the fx out for one and the dry for the other.

or get something like a line boost like EHX LBP-1 or to get rid of the volume drop.

I plan on getting a volume pedal between the Hoax and the Delay to make some swells...the volume might help on the level...to bad the hoax don't have an output volume...I busted my ears sometimes...experimenting...ouch

good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I've notice the slight volume drop.

I can fix it with a LPB-1 after it. but like you say it means 2 switchs to control.

but, I was thinking, maybe with a Boss Line Selector LS-2...

you put the Hoax in the loop A, there's a level ajust to fix the volume drop.

use it in

• Members

not that much

it's ok on my amps because it's loud enough, I notice it more at home, when I'm plugged in a recording interface with instruments input.

I was planning on getting an LS-2 anyway so why not try this.

Archived