Droolmaster defends himself

Flying Trout

• Members

To the impartial observer this appears to be the personal grudge of a moderator more than anything else. It's been handled publicly and in a most childish and unprofessional manner to say the least. +1 to reinstate droolmaster.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the other thing i remember is the moderator posting the user's legal name in the forum somewhere.

A moderator gave out personal information about a forum user? And he wasn't relieved of his responsibilities immediately? And now he's banned the person whose privacy he violated?

Retire the offending moderator and reinstate Droolmaster.

• Members

Its amazing how after 7 years here, some things never change. I've never understood the whole banning thing anyways. It always seems like the really good people get the worst of it while the douches that pull the same old crap are allowed to stay.

• Members

This whole debacle has gone from ridiculous to absurd, and why?

Drool was an active contributing member of this forum, who has a vast knowledge and experience of some of the more esoteric pieces of synth and sampler gear - things most of us won't ever have the opportunity to own or demo.

I'm still not clear on why he deserves an IP ban, it all seems a little too personally driven from where I'm standing - not very admirable behavior for moderators to adopt.

Another vote for reinstating him here.

+1 to this. Absolutely {censored}ing absurd this has gone on this long.

• Members

Count me in... again... on the defense for droolmaster.

To tell the truth, I didn't like him much at first becuase he seems to always get bogged down in silly online arguments. But when I began to read and think about what he had to say, I found a great deal of respect for him. Droolmaster was, without a doubt, one of the only worthwhile contributors left on this message board.

Compare KSS to a forum like Gearslutz electronic instruments, and you'll see just what this place is sorely lacking in... useful & knowledgeable content.

Moderators, ask yourselves this: is your purpose really to ban people simply for being argumentative?

• Members

I promised that I wasn't going to continue to post as this user, but I wanted to thank people who have supported me in this. I do want to be a member of this forum, but I simply can't admit that this is deserved, or that I will change my behavior when I don't believe that I have done anything wrong. So, we'll see what happens, but I just wanted to say thank you.

Gene

This...

Oh, and I've had an erection lasting 4 hours. Am I supposed to see a doctor or something? My TV isn't working.

... you will surely say "that was sarcasm". I'd say, that is the real you. You have simply no respect for anybody and a proof of this is that once again you are trying to play that absurd game of trying to manipulate everybody's minds to "clean up your name".

You were not banned because of the issue with ChristianRock. You got banned and will keep banned for an accumulation of faults you have done in the past. Tons of them. Attacks to me, to Paolo and to other forum members. I don't care how hard you try to portrait yourself as a good boy, which you aren't.

It is so absurd the horrible reputation this forum can have sometimes because of how people like you talk to others at the forum and then pretend you did not anything wrong.

Believe me, you won't get your account reinstated.

I'm sorry if this does not make me more popular, but I am not changing my mind.

I seize the opportunity to announce that there will be two new moderators.

We REALLY want to clean this place up and try to keep it as much On Topic as possible.

... and Tony Robbins... :facepalm:

• Members
I don't usually ever chime in on this {censored}, because quite frankly i think Mr Master0 usually gets way too worked up about stuff, so usually i ignore it.

however, now that we have some distance here between then and now, i'm looking at what i remember about any of this {censored} and all i remember are a forum user and a forum moderator getting really catty at one another. the other thing i remember is the moderator posting the user's legal name in the forum somewhere.

this is, of course, a big no-no. you can call me by my name if you want, i don't give a {censored}. however some people don't want to go by their actual names. Mr Master0 is one of those guys.

but for some reason, the moderator is still a moderator, and the user is permabanned.

this makes no sense to me.

Temporarily resurrecting this thread to clear something up that has apparently become a kks urban myth:

I HAVE NEVER DIVULGED ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION OF DROOLMASTER0

, NOR DO I HAVE ACCESS TO SUCH INFORMATION, NOR WOULD I EVER DO SUCH A THING

The only thing that I posted in my signature temporarily - after he had harassed me with his signature for a LONG TIME, was his real name,

GENE SCHWARTZ

which he publicly states he DOES NOT HIDE

"By using droolmaster0, I am not hiding behind anything. That's more bull{censored} from you. My name is Gene Schwartz, which I do not hide. Like many people here, I have a user name which isn't my own.[...] "

in this thread http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28518647&postcount=1

That was yet another attempt at manipulating other people's minds and spreading false accusations - People, read and think before talking.

SO, EVERYBODY GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE ACCUSING SOMEONE OF THINGS THEY HAVE NEVER DONE -

• Members

I seize the opportunity to announce that there will be two new moderators.

We REALLY want to clean this place up and try to keep it as much On Topic as possible.

that's great news- honestly, the vibe here is pretty bad.

• Members

Part of the problem is the forum is just like a band, you have people that want to play and are serious about the music and some people just do it for the hell of it. When you put those two types of musicians together it can get tense. It is a little bit the same here. We have some people that are serious about music and others that see it as a personal play ground. A lot of people have left here in the 8 years I have been here and the tone has changed and less and less about music as time has gone on. A lot of people have left as a result. My hats are off to the moderators.

• Members

As far as I can tell, this board has had the same ratio of nonsense to music since I first started reading it in 2000 or so. The same drama crap was going on then, too, with the same complaints about how the mythical bygone days where everyone on the board was a serious pro musician and how sad it is that the hobbyists have taken over. Nothing whatsoever has changed here in many, many years.

• Members

Yeah but I can tell you a lot of the more "serious" guys left to KC and are not here anymore. Not saying they are better than anyone but here but people have different needs. Orangefunk for one left and he was here a longtime. It has changed.

Archived