The Randall MTS thread.

aepoc

• Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

:DThis thread is funny, it's like watching middle school kids swap trading cards with each other,,,that said,,,I wish I had some cards to swap:o

yeah it's awesome........and guys like Steve (JKD) are the fricking greatest for sharing me their stuff.....:cool:

Otherwise I would be paying the cash to try these babies....;)

Modules rule!!! :cool:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by MitchSchaft

That's what we're gonna find out real soon, man. I"ve got those caps on the way and I'm gonna throw the .001's in it and test out my recto module for that exact sound you're describing.

Indeed, and I can't wait for that. Right now I'm using my Bad Monkey to get it tighter. Adds a bit more noise too. Any of you guys have an NS2 up for trade? I could swap a Small Clone for it.

• Members

Originally posted by aepoc

Indeed, and I can't wait for that. Right now I'm using my Bad Monkey to get it tighter. Adds a bit more noise too. Any of you guys have an NS2 up for trade? I could swap a Small Clone for it.

Tell you what man.......as soon as I get my ISP decimator which is back ordered for a couple more weeks I'll trade ya my NS-2 for that small clone......I bought the NS-2 a couple of weeks ago....

• Members
Originally posted by shred-o-holic

Tell you what man.......as soon as I get my ISP decimator which is back ordered for a couple more weeks I'll trade ya my NS-2 for that small clone......I bought the NS-2 a couple of weeks ago....

Is that decimator a gate as well? I've been wondring if I should just go with that. Not to say I wouldn't do the trade. :)

• Members

Is that decimator a gate as well? I've been wondring if I should just go with that. Not to say I wouldn't do the trade.
:)

I guess it's better than the NS-2......but no biggie man if you don't want to trade. I could actually use both gates.....on in front of my 2amps and one in the gate of the Randall..

• Members

I guess it's better than the NS-2......but no biggie man if you don't want to trade. I could actually use both gates.....on in front of my 2amps and one in the gate of the Randall..

Lemme know when you get your Decimator and I'll do the trade. I had an NS-2 at one point, and I liked it. I just actually "need" one now. :)

• Members

Alrighty then.....
:D;):cool:

Mhmmm.. I run the Recto with a fairly high gain setting (about 3 o'clock) and I run one of my Bad Monkey's at the same time to tighten it up a bit. :D

• Members

Man, that Modern module rips. It's closer to my style than the Recto. Hopefully changin that cap out might do what I"m thinking it'll do. That'll make everything perfect. I gotta try out the XTC and Ultra next!

Did you buy it off the Steve-meister? :)

• Members

Mhmmm.. I run the Recto with a fairly high gain setting (about 3 o'clock) and I run one of my Bad Monkey's at the same time to tighten it up a bit.
:D

I haven't tried the funky monkee.......I have one of those DOD Juiceboxes.....I think they are the same thing.........I prefer the RM's tone all by itself though.....maybe for leads a clean boost would be cool......:cool:

• Members

Nah, it's got less of the higher mids is all. I think that's what you call it anyway.

It actually sounds "huger" if that makes any sense
. I hope to get those caps in today.
:mad:

Yeha be sharing that {censored}e once you do the cap job........the XTC will own your soul....:p:cool:

• Members

Perhaps I should bit the bullet and just BUY a damn XTC module. I assume it can get nice and heavy right Shred? It better be tight too, dammit! Could you provide us with any clips?

Yeah it can get bruuutally heavy........my clips are not worthy........yet. I'll have a nice 16 channel board in a week or two...then you can expect a few clips.....:cool:

About tightness.......this amp is never going to be as tight as my ENGL but that's why I like it.......it's non-compressed sounding to me........bigger/open....:)

• Members

Sounds good man. Perhaps I'll buy it soon. I have the TWEED module... I think it rules. Blackface would be nice too though.

Don't know if there is a huge diff between the Tweed/blackface modules anyway. Maybe you could try musician's friend or something with the XTC module? Gotta love that 30-45 day return policy with these on-line stores...

• Members

Yeah, I figured it would be hard to to swap an XTC module with folks since not many have it and everyone who does seems to like it

It's definitely my fave.......just has that mojo and seems more refined than the others.....but the Recto runs a close second so go figure........Modern is good too......

I wonder what JKD (Steve) thinks of his XTC module?

Archived