The Randall MTS thread.

aepoc

• Members
Originally posted by MitchSchaft

If you're not too uncomfortable with it, you can ship 'em my way and I'll do it fer free. I'd have to ask you pay shipping, though.

I'm uncomfortable with bothering you to fix mine :p

Anyway, I'm gonna see if RD/MAN or someone from Randall can fix it for me first. I want them to modify something in my Recto module too (probably the best module IMO. Yeah I love Mesa/Boogie Rectifiers but I also like Marshall Plexi ;)).

If they can't I will contact you.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by JKD

@shred-o-holic

Got my Ultra back today..I guess it is kind of noisy but thankfully no noiser than when I sent it....so it didn't get damaged in the mail like you first thought.

With the gain

What's weird is, I put my gate in the loop (series) and it can't kill the hiss....

The other modules I have don't have this problem but then again none of them have gain approaching that of the Ultra (the Recto would be closest)

Cool man.......glad she's home safe and sound......have you received the XTC module yet? Thats my fave with the Recto trailing a close second...So there is an Ultra and an Ultra lead? :confused:

• Members
Originally posted by shred-o-holic

Cool man.......glad she's home safe and sound......have you received the XTC module yet? Thats my fave with the Recto trailing a close second...So there is an Ultra and an Ultra lead?
:confused:

Hearing that makes me look forward to the XTC module since I think the Recto is pretty amazing.

I have 2 SL+ modules right now (the dude ordered me the wrong module) and they are waiting on Randall to deliver them a new batch of XTCs.

An Ultra and an Ultra Lead....yes sireee! That guy didn't reply about my top boost trade though :-/

• Members

Originally posted by shred-o-holic

Is the Ultra Lead based on the VHT UL?

Never owned one....but I'd guess so. What does the clip on Randall's site sound like?

I figure it has to be based on either the VHT UL or the Peavey (Ultra)

• Members

Originally posted by kurtisqpublic

Monday for my next practice...

Then I'll be making the decision on wether to trade off the Ultralead or XTC module... There all so good, I think I may just have to run dual RM4s and have 8 modules on tap!

~Kurt

So what does the Ultralead sound like? What's it based off? And how does it compare to the XTC? I have an Egnator SL++ for sale or possible trade if anyone wants it...

• Members

I gotta wait 'til Sunday to do mine again. I can't wait to try out the Modern module. I think the recto is to "middy" for me or something.

I liked that module........I just like the XTC and Recto modules better.......I almost bought that module off Steve though......it's pretty good......:)

• Members

Originally posted by kurtisqpublic

Monday for my next practice...

Then I'll be making the decision on wether to trade off the Ultralead or XTC module... There all so good, I think I may just have to run dual RM4s and have 8 modules on tap!

~Kurt

Now there's the idea :-D

Randall need to make the RM100 head with 6 slots like someone already suggested...adding the option to go stereo/switch power tubes like the RT2/50 wouldn't hurt either ;-)

• Members

I gotta wait 'til Sunday to do mine again. I can't wait to try out the Modern module. I think the recto is to "middy" for me or something.

I like the Recto module for that quality you describe though...it's different to a real recto but still has that authoritative thump!

The Modern is less middy for sure and a little darker.

• Members

Nice, the box looks cooler, too
:D

I thought that too....they missed one thing on the construction though. No bonding on them big electrolytic caps! Have to be careful inserting this sucker.

Have fun with the modern.

I still say my fave high gainer is the either the Recto or the Ultra!

The XTC is definately inbetween gain wise....first impression is that it'll be great for lower to medium gain tones...possibly better than the Plexi module and certainly > than the SL+. Haven't cranked it yet...baby asleep ;-)

• Members

I also need to try out the Ultra if I can get ahold of one
:D

Doh! I shoulda just had shred send you 'em both.

Question for ya - what power tubes you using and what you got 'em biased at? (sorry if I asked before...memory like a sieve I have.)

Archived