The Randall MTS thread.

aepoc

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bump up for Randall love...my RM50 1x12 Combo with matching 1x12 cab just arrive with SL+module ...still waiting on the XTC module.

Very different sound with the G12t-75 speaker in it....

Have to check out some otehr modules in it.

edit...where'd all the bass go???

I mean the combo has a 3/4 back but going from the seemingly 'bass for your ass' RM100/RM50 into Mesa Recto v30 2x12 to this....is whole new ballgame.

I got a close backed 1x12 too, that brings it back somewhat.

Are the G12T-75s known for 'weak' bass output?

• Members

Originally posted by RD/MAN

Guys,

Find the part labeled R1 on the far left side of the board middle of the way back. Currently it's a 470 ohm resistor which should be changed to a 150 ohm resistor. This will eliminate any and all crackling you will find in the cleaner modules.

Any questions, please e-mail or contact us. Also please pass the word.

Hey Doug,

what power rating are those resistors 1/2W ? 1/4W ??

edit..having had a chance to look over the weekend...I guess they're 1/2W judging by size alone.

Thx.

Steve

• Members

You're looking to get an SL+ you mean? If you're interested in taking the time, we could swap for a couple weeks. We can give it back to each other or keep 'em if we like it. I've got the SL+ and Recto already and wouldn't mind trying out the XTC. Especially now that I finally got my amp back and I get to play it tomorrow at practice :D.

• Members

Here's my (Randall) module list:

SL+

Recto

Top Boost

Ultra - soon to be on loan to shredoholic

Modern - on loan to shredoholic

Tweed

Plexi

XTC - hasn't arrived yet

shred is loaning me his Egnater SL+ so I can do an A/B with the Randall.

I'm happy to loan modules to anyone for cost of USPS+insurance, as is Mitch I believe.

I will probably sell the Modern and Top Boost in a sooon to be announced SPAM...so if you are interested, ask now ;-)

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by MitchSchaft

I'm interested in the Modern module. But the only one I have that you don't is the clean
:p

Maybe I should get shredoholic to mail it direct to you after he's done auditioning his amp?

I knw he likes the module but not sure if he's keeping the MTS amp around...

For the high gainers I've tried so far Ultra>Recto>Modern in preference.

• Members

You're looking to get an SL+ you mean? If you're interested in taking the time, we could swap for a couple weeks. We can give it back to each other or keep 'em if we like it. I've got the SL+ and Recto already and wouldn't mind trying out the XTC. Especially now that I finally got my amp back and I get to play it tomorrow at practice
:D

Sorry, I'm a tard. I mean that I have the SL+, and am looking to try out a Recto or XTC. The swap for a few weeks is a great idea. Do you prefer the SL+ or the Recto? Any way you could post a clip or 10 of that Recto?

• Members

I don't have any way to post clips now, less I piss off my neighbors. We're apartment dwellers :D. We're setting up the ability to record at our practice space. Our bass player bought one of those minimacs and has it set up to record.

I don't have a problem sendin the Recto out to you. I just need some time to get to know it myself :p.

• Members

I don't have any way to post clips now, less I piss off my neighbors. We're apartment dwellers
. We're setting up the ability to record at our practice space. Our bass player bought one of those minimacs and has it set up to record.

I don't have a problem sendin the Recto out to you. I just need some time to get to know it myself
:p

Sounds good man. All my recordings are from my apartment though :)

What would you want in swap for the Recto? I only have Tweed and SL+.

• Members

I'm not worried about swapping really. I own the SL+ and have owned the tweed. I'll just send it out to you.

I don't feel comfortable cranking this amp to the level I'd want to record a clip. I'm talkin' band practice/gig levels

I'd feel bad man... I could just drive 40 minutes to a store to try it out there. The only problem with that is that it wouldn't be with my pedals, which is actually pretty important to me. Honestly, I don't feel like luggin' all my shit to the store just to try out a module, ya know? I'll compensate you for your shipping costs man.

• Members

Guys,

This is a big design year for us so the modules will be limited, but there are a couple on table. I can only tell you about one which I think will be the "Ecoustic" module. This all tube module will make and solid or hollow body electric guitar sound like a big fat acoustic guitar. We will add voicing options for different size acoustic tones. Now image a full blown heavy metal sound and with the click of a button a beautiful acoustic tone. That's a wide extreme.

As for other modules; I've already kicked my "Krank" habit and I don't want to relive that again. As for any digital or solid-state modules, we plan to keep the MTS line purely tube for now. We go with some digital types of effects down the road, but that will be well into next year.

I will keep you posted guys on any and all updates to MTS and other new products.

Thanks,

RD/MAN

Archived