OT troll: haha funny americans

Negative K3 fan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Armitage

There was a study on TV that showed over 40% of Americans couldn't identify the USA on an unlabeled globe...

I'd like to see how they got participants and if the study was randomized or not and their instrumentation.

Probably the study is worthless.

• Members

These are funny, but you do wonder how many people they had to go through to get these answers. Let's be fair too, there are just as many dumb people in most other countries as in the US. It's just fun to pick on the US due to its position in the world.

• Members

Originally posted by RMS

These are funny, but you do wonder how many people they had to go through to get these answers. Let's be fair too, there are just as many dumb people in most other countries as in the US. It's just fun to pick on the US due to its position in the world.

Exactly. I've been to 10 countries, and I've met some majorly stupid assholes everywhere I've gone.

Americans are definitely much too isolated though -- they're not stupid at all, but they could be more worldly. I remember when I was in Rome, there was a mentally retarded guy working in the gift shop at the train station, and I was amazed when I heard him speaking fluent English! {censored}, if a retarded guy can learn a second language, Americans have NO excuse!

• Members

Originally posted by atbear

Looked like a set up to me...

Yeah, it's pretty obvious since whenever they said a country it just happened to be the one that Austrailia was mislabeled as. It pretty well proves that the whole thing was full of {censored} and just made to make Americans look bad.

• Members

Originally posted by cloudnine

No {censored}, because they were Australians and had a bunch of maps...
:rolleyes:

Um... no, think about what I said. If they were really random people from off the street they would not have known which country they would have had to replaced Austrailia with beforehand. Therefore they must have known the people were going to say, for example, 'France' ahead of time so they could get the map that had 'France' instead of Austrailia because they didn't have to shuffle through their maps looking for the right one. It was all a setup and of course it's obvious why they picked Austailia.

• Members

Originally posted by MCon

Um... no, think about what I said. If they were really random people from off the street they would not have known which country they would have had to replaced Austrailia with beforehand. Therefore they must have known the people were going to say, for example, 'France' ahead of time so they could get the map that had 'France' instead of Austrailia because they didn't have to shuffle through their maps looking for the right one. It was all a setup and of course it's obvious why they picked Austailia.

I see what you're saying. Still though, a lot of people are pretty clueless when it comes to geography. Ive met people tat didnt know where Iraq was. :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by RMS

exactly! their position in the world. if people would be smarter its government wouldnt do stupid shut...

like the guy who wanted to turn the entire middle east into one big crater (sp).

• Members

Yeah, it's pretty obvious since whenever they said a country it just happened to be the one that Austrailia was mislabeled as. It pretty well proves that the whole thing was full of {censored} and just made to make Americans look bad.

i dont know what youre watching, but it said cnn all over, arent they american?

this proves that cnn > 'faux'

• Members

Originally posted by telephant

I see what you're saying. Still though, a lot of people are pretty clueless when it comes to geography. Ive met people tat didnt know where Iraq was.
:eek:

Yeah, I agree. I'm curious what the results would be if you asked someone from a different country to point out the U.S. on a globe if they could do it. I know people like to pick on Americans especially, but I suspect it wouldn't be much better in other places.

• Members

Yeah, I agree. I'm curious what the results would be if you asked someone from a different country to point out the U.S. on a globe if they could do it. I know people like to pick on Americans especially, but I suspect it wouldn't be much better in other places.

well its an unfair quesiton, but I bet most would know exactly where america is. Its not hard to find when you look at a map of North America. Now Erupoe is what I have trouble remembering. So many different little countries so close together... And Africa as well.

:o

Archived