OT troll: haha funny americans

Negative K3 fan

• Members

Originally posted by cantoXIII

i know what you mean. i was being purely sarcastic. ha, i'm glad it was taken as a joke instead of me being serious...lord knows there are people who would actually proclaim something like that and be completely serious...

however, i do tend to think that foreigners [non-americans] have a very skewed perspective in the way that the USA is viewed. i think that they almost want to not like us before they really get to know us. ha, that sounded corny, but in all seriousness...because america has so much and a lot of countries don't, they view it as a bully-nerd relationship.

it's kind of like the term "know-it-all." people say that like it's an insult or a bad characteristic. maybe i'm confused, but how is somebody being knowledgeable on a number of topics make them undesireable/bad/unwanted? just because america has accomplished so much in such a short time, it is viewed as a bad thing, as if we were constantly boasting it. [not to say that we don't sometimes...coughgeorgecough]

but yeh, enough rambling. continue on.

its not so much that, as to where people like this think they have the right to go off and say "where to envade next" as casually as "what restaurant should we eat at tonight" I dont think its a jealousy issue, people in europe have everything they do here, the US compared to scandanavia is like a 3rd world country. the size of your army isn't everything (I do live in the US btw)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by cantoXIII

every other country is just pissed that america became more powerful than them in less than 250 years, whereas their {censored}hole countries have been around for millineum after millineum and are still getting bent over backwards by better countries.

don't hate us because you aren't as successful as us.

yeah people are waking up every day resenting america, idiot

• Members
Originally posted by pennypusher

Exactly. I've been to 10 countries, and I've met some majorly stupid assholes everywhere I've gone.

Americans are definitely much too isolated though -- they're not stupid at all, but they could be more worldly. I remember when I was in Rome, there was a mentally retarded guy working in the gift shop at the train station, and I was amazed when I heard him speaking fluent English! {censored}, if a retarded guy can learn a second language, Americans have NO excuse!

It's a lot harder for Americans to be worldly since the country is so isolated, and large. In your example, that guy probably needs to know English and has had a chance to practice it on a regular basis. The same isn't true for Americans. Heck, I took languages in school, but none of it does me any good when I go overseas. I never got the exposure outside a classroom to actually use it (when learning it in a midwest classroom) so it slipped away in the intervening years. I don't have a problem with pushing other languages for kids, but it definitely is tough when you don't have a chance to ever use them outside the classroom. Plus, anytime I try to use anyone's local language they always seem to want to practice their English skills on me instead! ;)

• Members

Originally posted by Negative K3 fan

exactly! their position in the world. if people would be smarter its government wouldnt do stupid shut...

Actually, that's not the position I was refering to. I was refering to the fact that the US is the most powerful country in the world. * Everyone always wants to take shots at the "top dog". It's like sports. Everyone except the home fans always roots against the teams that dominate the league year after year. This was going on long before any of the recent disagreements with other countries over politics, and let's be honest here it's all driven by personal interests and no some sort of altruism.

* Take your pic here from economics, military power, culture, etc.

• Members
Originally posted by DeBins

I've been to the States (Arizona) aswell, and it was awesome! All the people I met there where so friendly and kind I just couldn't believe it. The only thing that weirded me out a bit was the guns. Red Robbin burgers and Dairy queen made up for that though
;)
(I'd mention mexican food, but that is technically not American, so it doesn't count... But boy did I love it!!)

What you had is as American as apple pie and baseball. Remember that Arizona, as well as New Mexico, California, Texas and parts of Colorado, Utah, and Nevada were all part of Mexico at one time.

Archived