Joey Harrington got hosed

fuzzball

• Members

I think it sucks, Joey got benched. I think he never got a fair chance. Think about it Corey S came back so that started a running game and the offensive line started picking up the slack, I am starting to think that they were playing like crap on purpose to get Garcia in. DOn't get me wrong Garcia is ok, but I think Joey got screwed. :mad:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by fuzzball

I think it sucks, Joey got benched. I think he never got a fair chance. Think about it Corey S came back so that started a running game and the offensive line started picking up the slack, I am starting to think that they were playing like crap on purpose to get Garcia in. DOn't get me wrong Garcia is ok, but I think Joey got screwed.
:mad:

What do you mean Joey got hosed, he started the season with an awesome wide receiver core this season. How many more games do you need to see that Joey just isn't getting it done?

Garcia is a good quarterback, I just hope he takes the next game off. :D

Go Bears!

• Members

Don't get me wrong Garcia is pretty good, but Joey never got a fair shake. If you watch the game the offensive line did not suport him at all. The pretty much let him get sacked and the recievers looked like they did not even want the ball. I think Joey's days as a Lion are done and he will be a 2nd string player, but if he gets a chance with a different team the Lions will find out that they blamed the wrong guy.

Joey is much better than they let him be, if you noticed after he was hit they never helped him up, come on what kind of support is that.:mad:

I am a big Lions fan, but I almost think they deserve to lose.

• Members

I think it sucks, Joey got benched. I think he never got a fair chance. Think about it Corey S came back so that started a running game and the offensive line started picking up the slack, I am starting to think that they were playing like crap on purpose to get Garcia in. DOn't get me wrong Garcia is ok, but I think Joey got screwed.

Reported:mad:

• Members

Saw this on CBS Sportsline:

Harrington's receivers hate him Updated 10/14/05

Harrington, Joey QB DET
News: Joey Harrington says he isn't bothered by the icy relationship he has with his receivers. "Shaq didn't like Kobe," Harrington said. "Is it easier and more fun when everybody's friends and hanging out at each other's house? Yeah. It's great. But that doesn't mean you can't be successful if you're not. You don't have to like the person you're working with, but you have to respect him."

Don't get me wrong Garcia is pretty good, but Joey never got a fair shake. If you watch the game the offensive line did not suport him at all. The pretty much let him get sacked and the recievers looked like they did not even want the ball. I think Joey's days as a Lion are done and he will be a 2nd string player, but if he gets a chance with a different team the Lions will find out that they blamed the wrong guy.

Joey is much better than they let him be, if you noticed after he was hit they never helped him up, come on what kind of support is that.

I am a big Lions fan, but I almost think they deserve to lose.

• Members

Harrington had plenty of time to show him self, to develope, to learn the game plan, to lead the team, to show he should be playing pro football, to enstill confidence in his team mates, etc, etc...

Basically he's too busy still developing.

When Garcia came in it was for him and Joey to show the team who the starter would be. Garcia never got that chance because he was injured. Harrington got the chance and he's still playing like he did his rookie year. He showed that he's not the starter.

The era of Joey Harrington is now over in Detroit...

whether Garcia does good or not, the quarterback is the next spot that needs to be filled.

• Members
Originally posted by blackba

What do you mean Joey got hosed, he started the season with an awesome wide receiver core this season. How many more games do you need to see that Joey just isn't getting it done?

Garcia is a good quarterback, I just hope he takes the next game off.
:D

Go Bears!

Awesome on paper, but I have yet to see any of our big 3 play to the level they are expected to. Roy's been slack...badly.

• Members

Originally posted by Zakko

You don't think he got a fair chance after 4 years of a starting job??

Bull{censored}.

NEXT!

Playing with other team's rejects at WR, a lack of a running game for most of his career - yeah, there's a superbowl team!

Come on...

Everyone's blaming Joey, and when the Garcia mystique wears off, watch the team be ashes.

I'm pissed as hell at the O-Line. Demulling's been a bust of a FA pick-up as well.

Seems like the whole team has a lax approach.

• Members

Originally posted by cincy

Harrington it seems never got it done. Maybe Garcia can spark the lions. It's time for them to have a good season. I kind of pull for them cause of their coach.

This has happened every time we put in a new QB....

There's a spark, it fizzles, and then the team is back where it was 3 games prior. I've seen it happen over and over and over again...

• Members

A quarterback in Detroit is like the return of Jesus! Joey is not going to get it done and sure as hell has not gotten anything done! At least Garcia makes a play happen if it can. Joey just stays with what was called or should be happening and when it doesnt does something that is very poor in judgement. If Garcia plays well, it is better than the unknown of what will joey do? Trade him for more drug using {censored} wideouts!

• Members

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. When Mooch brought in his boy from the 49ers, everyone knew damn well Harrington's days as the starter were numbered. I took one look at the schedule and said "if we're not a resounding 2-0 going into the bye week having played two divisional foes, you can expect Garcia to be the starter for game three." Of course, the broken leg nixed that.

That said, Joey and the Lions got rooked badly in Tampa Bay. Sorry, but there was no conclusive evidence to overturn the call on the field that Pollard had scored a touchdown. That was an Elway-esque 4th-quarter comeback drive led by Harrington that was torpedoed by the replay official, who in the process may have torpedoed Joey's career in Detroit.

• Members
Originally posted by kannibul

Playing with other team's rejects at WR, a lack of a running game for most of his career - yeah, there's a superbowl team!

Come on...

Everyone's blaming Joey, and when the Garcia mystique wears off, watch the team be ashes.

I'm pissed as hell at the O-Line. Demulling's been a bust of a FA pick-up as well.

Seems like the whole team has a lax approach.

Exactualy, what can you do when you are surrounded by people that don't even try or act like they care. I think the change will help spark the team, but I know Joey was better than that.

Archived