Joey Harrington got hosed

fuzzball

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

They had a couple decent ones. Didn't they have Akim,or one of the ex-Rams? And an ex-packer. Schroeder maybe?

Hakim was hurt half the time, and when he was on the field, he would drop passes. He was #3 on the Rams depth chart. He's a great slot reciever - but he was forced into #1 and #2 duty and he couldn't cut it.

Bill Schroeder had a bad habit of short-arming a catch when going across the middle. There's also a reason why he was booted from Green Bay. Farve...he griped about his lax route-running.

• Members
Originally posted by kannibul

Hakim was hurt half the time, and when he was on the field, he would drop passes. He was #3 on the Rams depth chart. He's a great slot reciever - but he was forced into #1 and #2 duty and he couldn't cut it.

Bill Schroeder had a bad habit of short-arming a catch when going across the middle. There's also a reason why he was booted from Green Bay. Farve...he griped about his lax route-running.

Yes,I know. But Bret got the ball to him a number of times anyway when he was there.

• Members

Harringtons recievers are always too hurt to play, plus he had no running game= trouble.

NOt exactualy a fair way to measure his capabilities. I think he will go to another team and kick lion butt in the future.

By the way I am also a Red Wing fan, but come on I want the Lions to win before I am dead.

• Members

Letting go of Mike McMahon (??sp??) was their worst choice (IMO).

Mike McMahon should have been the starter two years ago and we would've had a SuperBowl calibur team by now.

Mike McMahon = Current NFL quality equal to Tom Bradey.

He can run with Vick and can pass like Favre. Yet Mooch wanted to bring in his 'boy' Garcia to run the {censored}...

• Members

Originally posted by Zakko

Mike McMahon should have been the starter two years ago and we would've had a SuperBowl calibur team by now.

He can run with Vick and can pass like Favre. Yet Mooch wanted to bring in his 'boy' Garcia to run the {censored}...

I disagree. Everything I saw of McMike was mediocre. He was about like Vick, except with a weaker arm and less speed.

• Members

Originally posted by DannyM

He has been given 3 first round pick receivers to play with.

Mike Williams 10th pick, 1st round 2005

Roy Williams 7th pick, 1st round 2004

Charles Rogers 2nd pick 1st round 2003

Charles Rogers - 4 games + 1 quarter over hte past two years. On suspension for failing to abide by NFL drug testing policy.

Roy Williams - was in and out of the lineup due to a gimp ankle. Had surgery in the offseason, also has public dislike for #3

Mike Williams - known to be out of shape/winded in practice and struggling with the playbook - a year away from football will do that to you.

At some point over the past three years, our starting WR's have been at it's worst, a "#3" guy (Hakim) (playing against the #1 Corner on the other team), a practice squad player (Vines/Kircus), and a player we had cut earlier in the year (Swinton)

I don't care what team you like - having your QB throwing to those caliber players, is not going to result in a win...

• Members

Originally posted by Zakko

I thought he sucked, he could scramble great and throw a bullit but he had no accuracy.

• Members

Charles Rogers - 4 games + 1 quarter over hte past two years. On suspension for failing to abide by NFL drug testing policy.

Roy Williams - was in and out of the lineup due to a gimp ankle. Had surgery in the offseason, also has public dislike for #3

Mike Williams - known to be out of shape/winded in practice and struggling with the playbook - a year away from football will do that to you.

At some point over the past three years, our starting WR's have been at it's worst, a "#3" guy (Hakim) (playing against the #1 Corner on the other team), a practice squad player (Vines/Kircus), and a player we had cut earlier in the year (Swinton)

I don't care what team you like - having your QB throwing to those caliber players, is not going to result in a win...

:thu:

• Members

Its not all Joey's fault. But somebody had to take one for the team. He has had plenty of time to get better. Lets face it Joey's a nice guy, maybe too nice. The team doesn't respect him and don't play well for him. He is not the type of qb that can "will" his way to the endzone. I'm not convinced Garcia is the answer, but the team did play better for him. ESPN did a story on the lions, the reporter spent a week with the team and said the lions have no disapline (sp?). Mooch may have bigger problems than the qb.

• Members

Originally posted by laker2

...but the team did play better for him. ESPN did a story on the lions, the reporter spent a week with the team and said the lions have no disapline (sp?). Mooch may have bigger problems than the qb.

That's my thoughts...

Mooch is a "west coast" kind of guy, and so is Joey - you'd think they'd see eye-to-eye...

But Mooch has had a hard-on for "anyone but Joey"

Sadly - they should have brought in Dennis Green. We'd be a much better team...

• Members

With Joey out of the picture, the spotlight will be on mooch. If the lions don't get better the media will be all over mooch. Personally I think Chuck Rogers is a pos! I can't believe he so stupid as to flunk a drug test. You would think he would be trying to prove himself to the team after missing 2 years?

• Members

Originally posted by laker2

With Joey out of the picture, the spotlight will be on mooch. If the lions don't get better the media will be all over mooch. Personally I think Chuck Rogers is a pos! I can't believe he so stupid as to flunk a drug test. You would think he would be trying to prove himself to the team after missing 2 years?

Actaully, for him to get a suspension, he would have had to have had issues on at least 3 occasions (it might be the 4th time is the suspension)

His first one was pre-combine - where he submitted a dilluted sample (drank a bunch of water to take the piss test)

He's since then screwed up (unpublished) at least one other time, maybe two. Then this time, where he failed to comply - which that could mean anything...

From what I've read, some players go on vacation during the bye-week, and there will be a guy at the vacation destination waiting to take a piss sample.

Chuck is our best WR on the team right now, but I guess he forgot to show up this year, at least, so far.

Roy's not shown up yet either...

• Members
Originally posted by fuzzball

It is sad, I am suprised that they are in the top of the division (of course the division sucks).

We'll know this weekend...

Bears / Lions are tied right now, and I always like seeing the bears get smacked around. Sledge is back, and watching him flatten Urlacher is always a good thing.

Sadly, in Oklahoma, they don't show much Detroit Football. Nothing but Chiefs, Cowboys, Rams, and Bronco's :(

• Members

We'll know this weekend...

Bears / Lions are tied right now, and I always like seeing the bears get smacked around. Sledge is back, and watching him flatten Urlacher is always a good thing.

Sadly, in Oklahoma, they don't show much Detroit Football. Nothing but Chiefs, Cowboys, Rams, and Bronco's
:(

The Bly injury hurts. Those underachievers on the O-line need to step it up several notches this Sunday.

• Members

Huge Detroit sports fan here. It is much easier to follow them nowadays with the internet and all.....it is like I live on the Detroit News page all day.

Regarding Harrington, he is truly done as the QB. I think he was given as fair of a chance as you can expect in the cutthroat world of the NFL. Sometimes you have to make your own luck. Sure he was playing with guys that sucked much of his career, but he never made anyone better. If you put a Brett Farve in there, he would have at least been avergae. Joey isn't even that. Garcia isn't much of an upgrade, but he shows more fire and can make a play or 2.

The real guy that needs to go is Millen. He has sexy looking drafts, but never seems to get enough of the hard working pro tyes that we need (at least on offense). A stud lineman or a playmaking TE would be nice. The WR position is currently in shambles thanks to the immaturity of the 3 young dudes and injuries. I would cut Rogers and let the other 2 guys know that they will be next if they don't get their {censored} together. I would also pressure Mooch to be a bit more demanding and take a firmer hand with the team.

I liked Bobby Ross's ways when he was there. He challenged the team publicly and they were competitive.

Go Pistons and Wings!

• Members
Originally posted by legend71

Huge Detroit sports fan here. It is much easier to follow them nowadays with the internet and all.....it is like I live on the Detroit News page all day.

Regarding Harrington, he is truly done as the QB. I think he was given as fair of a chance as you can expect in the cutthroat world of the NFL. Sometimes you have to make your own luck. Sure he was playing with guys that sucked much of his career, but he never made anyone better. If you put a Brett Farve in there, he would have at least been avergae. Joey isn't even that. Garcia isn't much of an upgrade, but he shows more fire and can make a play or 2.

The real guy that needs to go is Millen. He has sexy looking drafts, but never seems to get enough of the hard working pro tyes that we need (at least on offense). A stud lineman or a playmaking TE would be nice. The WR position is currently in shambles thanks to the immaturity of the 3 young dudes and injuries. I would cut Rogers and let the other 2 guys know that they will be next if they don't get their {censored} together. I would also pressure Mooch to be a bit more demanding and take a firmer hand with the team.

I liked Bobby Ross's ways when he was there. He challenged the team publicly and they were competitive.

Go Pistons and Wings!

Didn't Bobby Ross have a nervous breakdown and have to take a couple years off? :eek: The lions are hard on the nerves. I'm not real impressed with any if our stud WR's. Hell Scotty Vines looked good last week.

Archived