Korg SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano official video is online!

RichF

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Well, that's quite some line of reasoning you have there.

:facepalm:

im surprised you didnt sense my sarcasm because i was laying it on pretty thick.

the funny part is that i was doing exactly what you guys do to me right back at you except you didnt realize it. truly oblivious, you guys are. also hypocritical and aloof.

• Members

Well, that's the VK8 in that vid. I only commented on my VK7, which is several years older and has worthless "extra sounds". The VK8 obviously is more up to date and has much better sounds. The VK7 doesn't even have an acoustic piano sample in it.

• Members

Yeah, that will be a bummer if there is no place to play it before buying. It looks like an interesting keyboard. Definitely more suited to e/piano performance based upon the keybed but potentially a very useful board.

Out of curiousity , how do the Wurlitzer and Clav samples sound beyond the ~60 key range they normally encompass?

• Members

Hi,

just back from my music store and sadly they did not yet have it on stock so could not try it out.

However, I found that the keyboard stand available for the SV-1 is REALLY nice and Rhodes-ish:

korg_sv-1_stand.jpg

As I am still looking for the optimal Stand when playing a one-board gig with a XP-30 or Nord Stage Compact (I know there is the stand for the 76 qnd 88, but IMHO does not look as neat as this one), I am wondering whether it is possible to use this one with different boards?? Kinda looks like no??

• Members

Videos coming this week...:o)

youtube.com/goldphinga

Sorry ive not been able to tell you anything about the SV1 as i cant say anything when im officially reviewing a product and the review isnt out yet.

Instead ill run through the sounds and play the SV1 for ya and you can make your own minds up what you think!

Cheers guys and gals

• Members

Yeah, that will be a bummer if there is no place to play it before buying. It looks like an interesting keyboard. Definitely more suited to e/piano performance based upon the keybed but potentially a very useful board.

I have ordered mine on the strength of the advert (Video). Put a small refundable deposit down so that they can get one in (although they are still not available in the UK until December) then I am going to give it the once over and either accept or reject it there and then.

It doesn't look anything other than a piano players tool and I agree with the Sound on Sound review that the other non-piano sounds may just serve to confuse the target audience.

I intend to use it in conjunction with my Hammond XK3c / Leslise 21 although I will need an amp for backline.

Couple of questions:

Can anyone suggest something (not too expensive) at around 150 Watts that would do the trick for small gigs and monitoring of large gigs. BEing an old synth boy and Rotary cabinet man I've not ever bought amps before but our current set up will require one.

Also, does anyone know yet if you can output the SV-1 to the desk via the XLR's as well as via the 1/4" jacks to the backline?

Thanks folks

N

• Members

Also, does anyone know yet if you can output the SV-1 to the desk via the XLR's as well as via the 1/4" jacks to the backline?

N

Congratulations on your order, I hope you decide to keep it. I'm very glad you liked the video!

To answer your question, yes, the XLR and 1/4" jacks can both operate simultaneously.

• Members

Yes, more and more online stores are showing the SV1 88 in stock. I for one am going to pull the trigger on the SV1 73. Seems it will be available on Black Friday, 11/27. I now play a Korg SG Pro X that I bought new more than a decade ago. Brian Auger used one atop his B3 up to a couple of years ago. I have auditioned, purchased and returned other digital piano brands because in my opinion, nothing cuts through a live mix or has/had better action than the SG Pro. Hope the RX3 weighted keyboard on the SV1 is similar. I have been waiting years for Korg to come out with a pro series "updated version" of the SG series pianos. It will be the first keyboard I have ever purchased without hearing it. I am that confident.

Regarding the outputs however (RichF correct me if I'm wrong here). Of the four outputs (2: 1/4" - 2: XLR) there is only one mono out located on the L/mono 1/4" output jack. The two XLRs are dedicated right/left. This means if you want to send to a mono FOH you must use BOTH XLRs and either sum at the stage keyboard mixer using one send to FOH or sum at the FOH board using 2 sends. Not a deal breaker but it would have been nice if they both had a mono option. Of course you could use a DI from the 1/4 inch mono but that kind of defeats the purpose of the XLR's.

Never been so excited about a keyboard since my Hammond XK-3!

Archived