Korg SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano official video is online!

RichF

• Members
If there is a seperate phaser control, why is there is there a instrument selection option for an EP with a Phaser? Same for the one with "/Amp" on it.

If so, that means that the switch that controls the samples being played does more than just that... which is weird because that is what I'd want the favorites button to do.

It may mean less samples and interestingness if so. It seems logically inconsistent.

I would hope all settings get saved with the favorite 1-8 and the instrument control doesn't mess with the effects and the amp.

The instructions are up on the site Jerry posted. Have a look

:wave:

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Electric Grand" is most likely a Yamaha CP-80 or similar. "80's Piano" is probably a variation on that infamous DX-7 preset.

No clue about "SG-1D" and "MIDI Grand".

Yup, Electric Grand is CP-80.

80's Piano is not a variation of DX7 preset, that's VPM Piano (or "FM Piano").

SG-1D was an earlier Korg's digital piano so they put it onboard back again.

MIDI Grand is a piano with a string pad.

• Members

Hmm, the 6 banks x 6 are indeed factory presets, with the 1-8 being user presets (settable). So you can't just spin through them and keep the same effects and reverb settings. Ah well... would have been nice but that is ok. You do get more preset choices that way.

Nothing is truly preset. Using the Editor you can tweak and save ANY sound to ANY of the 36 locations, and the Favorites can even be different than the 36. So you can really take advantage of 44 locations to save your settings.

once you have the product home, if you don't need any XXX (fill in the blank according to your tastes) then you can reuse those locations for something you do need. Or maybe you just want to re-order what's under a given Variation Knob for easier access - no problem.

Maybe you want 36 Wurlis with 8 brought to the Favorites for quick access. no problem.

See?

And what you are editing is effects settings and on/off status, tuning, velocity curve and the amount of RX "noise" blended in the sound (not all sounds have RX noises, though).

You can't change the PCM that is in the keyboard, but we (Korg) can make new Programs with total control over the voice architecture (from the sample/osc to filters, EG's, LFOs etc.).

All of the significant PCM has been exposed, but there are some things left untouched... We'll talk about them as we release new programs, but I'm not teasing you into our releasing a completely different piano, or 'Tron choirs, or anything like that. So I'm not trying to be coy.

regards,

Jerry

Korg Guy

• Members

Everything in the "Type 1" section is probably a Rhodes variant.

"Reed" would indeed be a Wurlizer. "Electric Grand" is most likely a Yamaha CP-80 or similar. "80's Piano" is probably a variation on that infamous DX-7 preset.

No clue about "SG-1D" and "MIDI Grand".

Listen to the demos...

regards,

Jerry

Korg Guy

• Members

Where are you getting $2700? Expected retail price: $1810 (73-key), $1990 (88-key). The MSRP isn't even $2700. So again, where are you getting your price from?

From the Harmony Central press release announcement on the SV-173:

http://news.harmony-central.com/Product-news/Korg-Unveils-SV-1-Stage-Vintage-Piano

The SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano will be available early November 2009. The 73-key SV-173 will carry an MSRP of $2700.00; the 88-key SV-188 will carry an MSRP of $3000.00.

• Members

From the Harmony Central press release announcement on the SV-173:

http://news.harmony-central.com/Product-news/Korg-Unveils-SV-1-Stage-Vintage-Piano

Okay. They're wrong. Very wrong.

Musician's friend has the 73-key for $1999 and the 88-key for $2199. This of course is what they're listing, but I think you can talk them down with a quick phone-call. Don't go for anything less than 15% and that will bring them down to $1869 or so for the 88-key, but shop around if you can't get it there. But keep in mind the MSRP is NOT what stores sell them for. That's not the "street" price of a board. You'll always see "MSRP = $$$$" then an "Our Price = $$$" which is much less. Not sure if you knew that or not. I doubt anyone actually pays MSRP.

Feel better? :D

• Members

Musician's friend has the 73-key for $1999 and the 88-key for $2199. This of course is what they're listing, but I think you can talk them down with a quick phone-call. Don't go for anything less than 15%

$1999 for the SV-1 73-key and $2199 for the SV-1 88-key are most likely the MAP (minimum advertised price). If you can get a 15% discount off of these prices immediately you are doing really well.

• Members
$1999 for the SV-1 73-key and $2199 for the SV-1 88-key are most likely the MAP (minimum advertised price). If you can get a 15% discount off of these prices immediately you are doing really well.

You can...for instance the MAP on a Kurzweil PC3x is $2999 with a MSRP of $3630. Just going to Music 123 I've gotten a price of $2545 easily. This is a just-for-instance.

Of course, you may mean that since the products are so new you may not get someone to lower the price...but give it about 6 months or so. :thu:

• Members

Musician's friend has the 73-key for $1999 and the 88-key for $2199. This of course is what they're listing, but I think you can talk them down with a quick phone-call. Don't go for anything less than 15% and that will bring them down to $1869 or so for the 88-key, but shop around if you can't get it there. But keep in mind the MSRP is NOT what stores sell them for. That's not the "street" price of a board. You'll always see "MSRP = $$$$" then an "Our Price = $$$" which is much less. Not sure if you knew that or not. I doubt anyone actually pays MSRP.

Feel better?

I know about MSRP, MAP, etc. I still think that $1800 or so is still too expensive.

• Members

Sorry for the bitter tirade, but when I saw the announcement for the SV-1 ten days or so ago, I was hoping that it would list out at $1500. I mean at this stage of the game, how much better can this thing sound that a current M50? I understand that the UI and appearance on this thing is way cool, but $2700?

You were hoping for $1500. Now this is only $300 bucks more than your $1500 target...yes? $300 is really nothing. Just a tad more really.

Archived