All this guts talk.....here is what a Quality Amp's guts should look like damnit!

crwnedblasphemy

• Members
Originally posted by JamesPeters

More insults, wow what a surprise.

Too bad you didn't have the courage to say any of them to my face in NYC. And btw, don't tell me your friends don't remember our meeting, because they laughed right at you when I faced you.

Coward.
:p

Keep dreaming.
Face to face? Your face comes up to my ankle.
Go away now Lollypop Kid.

I never said I didn't remember meeting you, you liar. I got your attention, moron. I noticed the only fidget in the room....assumed it was you. I was only there with one friend, dreamer, and he didn't know you from any other dwarf in NYC LOL

Next fidget tossing on LI, I'll call you.:wave:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Originally posted by carlygtr56

Keep dreaming.

Face to face? Your face comes up to my ankle.

Go away now Lollypop Kid.

I never said I didn't remember meeting you, you liar. I got your attention, moron. I noticed the only fidget in the room....assumed it was you. I was only there with one friend, dreamer, and he didn't know you from any other dwarf in NYC LOL

Next fidget tossing on LI, I'll call you.
:wave:

I'm the liar now? ROFL!!! Actually your reading comprehension is slipping--you'd claimed your "friends" didn't remember me, and that's what I just said. And now btw, you're claiming it was just one friend! So which is it Carly? And you know who I was, because I was handing out nametags and I introduced myself to you (as well as most everyone else there). That's when I faced you in front of everyone.

Let me guess, I'm getting you so upset by exposing that you're a coward, that you can't even get your own story straight. :)

I'd still bet you never actually tried the Bad Monkey, especially since you're avoiding the issue so much. And while we're at it, I have a couple words for you: Carvin Legacy. Hypocrite.

Since you're a fan of characters of the Wizard of Oz, let me don upon you a new moniker--CowardlyCarl.

vc50.jpg

• Members

Notice: This domain name expired on 04/05/06 and is pending renewal or deletion

petersamps.com

:rolleyes:

I know. It's actually reserved for me. The reason it shows up that way is that I don't feel like dealing with the old service provider, so I'm using a third party to keep the domain name.

And in case you were wondering, for several months my website had been on petersamplification.com.

But I'm sure you knew that, didn't you. :p Especially when everyone else has been able to find my site, email me and so forth, and I've been hosting all my pictures from there...

PS--you can keep digging for insults all you want, Carl. I'm holding back bigtime. You'd be surprised how many people around here aren't exactly fans of yours, and keep dropping "ammo" in my lap...

• Members

Sound Quality: 5
I tried it with a PRS, a Les Paul, and a strat. I thought it sounded fizzy and thin. I wanted to like it, but i didn't. I like my zinky mofo, my budda sd30, my bogner xtc, orange ad15, heck even my marshall transistor lead 15 microstack better. Along these lines (self biasing, low watt, high gain), i've had allen class act and univalve and this one. Univalve is first, then the allen, then this. I tried and tried but had no luck getting any tone i could use.

Reliability: 7
It didn't break down, but i didn't have it more than a few days. It just seemed to be built sort of off-square. The rectifier looked crooked to me.

Customer Support: 8
Peters is a nice enough guy, but i think he should have worked on this a bit before his release.

Overall Rating: 6
I sold mine and don't miss it. I wish it had been what i expected. It did not stand up to any of my other amps. I think if this builder sticks with it, he'll come up with a better one, but i just don't like this amp. I'm not leaving my name in case my friend who bought it reads this. I don't want him to know how I really feel. Also, sorry, Mr. Peters, but i would have liked to have read this sort of review before i bought mine.

• Members

Ah right, quote the one bad review from a guy who lied and exaggerated about the amp and tried to put me out of business, (The other review which was similar was also done by the same guy.) Lots of people here remember that story, but I guess you don't.

I must've really hit a sore spot with you for you to keep digging though, didn't I. :)

It's funny...for a guy with so much to be ashamed of, so many things you wouldn't want others to know, you really like pushing your luck.

• Members

Features: 7
I really feel i have to say more. I left the nonglowing review below. First of all, this amp is more expensive than it seems. It is nearly $600 new, plus shipping from Canada plus it comes WITHOUT tubes. There's another 50, if you're lucky and more if you're picky. I had NOS mullard EL34 and telefunken 12ax7's in it and they cost me over $150 altogether. That meant I had $750 into it.

This amp was initially billed as high gain, low wattage. I found it to be high fizz, no ballage. Where's the bottom end? Even on the sound clips on the HC forum, you can hear that it's thin. Who's fooling whom, here? I have a real hard time believing these other reviews. Marshall tone? Half as loud as a 100 watter? In theory, maybe, but not in my living room. I have a 100 watt marshall 59 SLP and this amp did not sound similar. Not nearly. Not remotely.

Reliability: N/A
I didn't own it long enough.

Customer Support: N/A

Anybody who can try this next to a univalve or Allen class act will see the difference immediately. Like I said in my first post, I sold mine to a friend. Maybe he'll like it. I did not.

• Members

Features: 7

I really feel i have to say more. I left the nonglowing review below. First of all, this amp is more expensive than it seems. It is nearly $600 new, plus shipping from Canada plus it comes WITHOUT tubes. There's another 50, if you're lucky and more if you're picky. I had NOS mullard EL34 and telefunken 12ax7's in it and they cost me over $150 altogether. That meant I had $750 into it.

This amp was initially billed as high gain, low wattage. I found it to be high fizz, no ballage. Where's the bottom end? Even on the sound clips on the HC forum, you can hear that it's thin. Who's fooling whom, here? I have a real hard time believing these other reviews. Marshall tone? Half as loud as a 100 watter? In theory, maybe, but not in my living room. I have a 100 watt marshall 59 SLP and this amp did not sound similar. Not nearly. Not remotely.

Reliability: N/A

I didn't own it long enough.

Customer Support: N/A

Anybody who can try this next to a univalve or Allen class act will see the difference immediately. Like I said in my first post, I sold mine to a friend. Maybe he'll like it. I did not.

Well I guess that's the final word on Peters amps :rolleyes:
And you think Diezels sound like Crates. If there's one thing a person should learn on HCAF, its that you should take the opinions of idiots on the internet with more than a few grains of salt.

• Members

If all he can do is reference an old domain name I'm not using which is in the process of being transferred, or quote an old review from a guy who lied about his "experience" with the amp (which was my very first model btw), well what can I do...

...except laugh I guess. :)

• Members
Originally posted by DeathMonkey

I don't even know you and I want you to die. Now.

Wow, I don`t know carlygtr56, but he is coming off as a total ass now. Arguing PTP vs. PCB is one thing, but trying to hurt someone`s reputation and business is another thing all together.

I don`t recall anyone ever saying that James made the worlds best amps, but it`s damn obvious that he knows what he`s doing. I`ve heard some of his clips and they sound pretty darn rockin to me. I`ve also seen the gut shots of his amps and they also look clean and profesional. And to top it off, his prices aren`t out of this world expensive. You get what you pay for applies in a positive way with James products.

I`ve been around this board for a few years now and don`t recall James ever slamming someone else`s amps. I think the most critical I`ve seen him was during the whole Divinity amp fiasco. When he agreed with JerryP that there were some design flaws in the Madison amp. That`s some pretty harsh stuff. :rolleyes:

Eric

• Members

it was on the Laney..I can see them on the channel switcher..on the laney they looks like 1/4 inch..

Originally posted by Roccaforte Amps

The channel switching amp above shows the pots

at the top of the pic. Do you see the little

blue capacitors mounted on the pots?

There are only two input jacks on this

amp, they're on the top left.

If you're talking about the Laney pic,

the pots are mounted on the top side of the chassis

front panel. Doug