All this guts talk.....here is what a Quality Amp's guts should look like damnit!

crwnedblasphemy

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Originally posted by carlygtr56

Pure tone? I don't think so.

Less wiring/knobs/features/bs = better tone

Point me to the channel switcher that sounds like Humble Pie at the Fillmore..... The Who- Live at Leeds....I can name dozens....aint happening

And that is the exact reason why amps have evolved.... No one wants those sounds except a few.....

Now tell me how amazing Hendrix's tone was...A cranked noisy Marshall with a noisy fuzz box, noisy wah and a noisy vibe....

But he had great tone......LOL

I can make any of the pasts tones with many of my amps...I just choose to dial them in the way I like them and so that they sound good...:D:D:D

JMHO

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by Duesentrieb

I never knew that there are so many tech experts in this forum - I hope that they all will join the more sophisticated discussions and threads too.

:freak::love::rolleyes::bor:

Or use their time wisely to get my Preamp kit delivered :) You are holding back the Connecticut HOM rack deployment!!!!!

Hey bro :wave:

• Members

I never knew that there are so many tech experts in this forum - I hope that they all will join the more sophisticated discussions and threads too.

I don't share my knowledge. They're trade secrets that cannot be revealed, even under an NDA.

• Members

Hey Olaf...You should know...We are all experts on the interweb.....

It might be time for Bob Savage to re-boot the entire interweb again...:D

Steve

• Members

I'm asking myself if those millions of pedals in front of PTP Plexi-Clones are PTP too
:p:freak::rolleyes::p

Don't you love that.....

Corksniffer quote-

" I get the most amazing tone, with the utmost articualtion. The subtle nuances of the NOS parts really lets the natural tone shine. And when I hit my vintage TS-808...wow......"

LOL LOL LOL

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by SteveVHT

Don't you love that.....

Corksniffer quote-

" I get the most amazing tone, with the utmost articualtion. The subtle nuances of the NOS parts really lets the natural tone shine. And when I hit my vintage TS-808...wow......"

LOL LOL LOL

Steve

Yo. :D

How was that special chip inside called? "POS" or so if I remember correctly . . .

• Members

Originally posted by SKYNETRP

One more thing....if you took the best amp out there today built with PCB, and rewired them PTP (if that is possible), it would sound even better.

Ok,..how exactly do you know that to be true? How can making a PCB into a PTP make the amp sound better? Please explain.

• Members

Originally posted by Cibyl

Ok,..how exactly do you know that to be true? How can making a PCB into a PTP make the amp sound better? Please explain.

Don't bother since there is no difference....

You might as well say that if you fill your muffler with gas, the engine in your car will be more fuel efficient....

:D

• Members

I'm asking myself if those millions of pedals in front of PTP Plexi-Clones are PTP too
:p:freak::rolleyes::p

You're pretty funny. We should all take note what YOU do I guess? Especially after that groundbreaking demo of your tone video.

Pedals in front of any amp, PTP or otherwise has always been a viable way to play.

Some of the tones that made history, were on classic albums, etc, were made this way.

Jeff Beck, Hendrix, Page, Iommi, yeah, they were wrong?

• Members

Eh, bear in mind that PCB technology in amps didn't even become prevalent until after these guys made their mark.

I have a feeling that they would have sounded just as amazing no matter what amps they were playing.

Plus, last time I saw Jeff Beck he was using a TSL100, and his tone was awesome.

• Members

You're pretty funny. We should all take note what YOU do I guess? Especially after that groundbreaking demo of your tone video.

Thank you sooooooo much. I'm so proud that I recorded myself and posted myself a video of my playing with exceptional sounds. I only forgot to see the hairstylist before, sorry.

Pedals in front of any amp, PTP or otherwise has always been a viable way to play.

Some of the tones that made history, were on classic albums, etc, were made this way.

That was completely new to me. I grew up with midi and Diezels, you know . . .

Wow, never heard of them. Do they rate Diezels as "cumpoters" too - or do they know the difference between multichannel amps with superior technology and single channel Plexi clones?

Makes me wonder why Beck prefers a DSL - is that a PTP amp?

• Members

So to summarize what you said...

There are no amps made today that compare to old ones??????

:freak: :freak: :freak:

Come on Carl.....

Todays amps are better, more reliable, and can get the exact tones of yesteryear and then some....

All those players were great players....which once again proves the fact that alot of players tones are in their hands, not in their gear...

Steve