Super huge Easter thank you to Jesus

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

Originally posted by 17 Tubes

There's a lot in this post that goes aginast everything I was taught as a Christian and Catholic.

Just re-read it very carefully.

i becomes very apparent that the only reason you ever ask for clarification is to discredit what you don't want to accept about a certain aspect of Christianity.

that's wrong. you can't pick and choose. don't be lukewarm.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by travis bickle

we all know easter is all about marketing and selling a product. . the same goes for all holidays.

to me, today was about celebrating the spring equinox (a few days late) so to all of y'all, enjoy the rest of this beautiful day. im full as a pig right now.

YEah...I know what you mean. Even here in Florida...today was a juxtoposition or our beautiful "winters" and brutal summers.

I have had a few nice beers for celebration. Harpoon IPA, and Hen's Tooth, which I picked up ro under $7 (for a six). Nothing extrordinary, but decent.

• Members

YEah...I know what you mean. Even here in Florida...today was a juxtoposition or our beautiful "winters" and brutal summers.

I have had a few nice beers for celebration. Harpoon IPA, and Hen's Tooth, which I picked up ro under $7 (for a six). Nothing extrordinary, but decent.

nice. that's some good drinkin right there. i got to bask in the glory of catchin chick corea live friday night at the blue note. it was mind blowin {censored}.

• Members

Originally posted by mentoneman

i becomes very apparent that the only reason you ever ask for clarification is to discredit what you don't want to accept about a certain aspect of Christianity.

that's wrong. you can't pick and choose. don't be lukewarm.

Discredit?

I have never set out to discredit.

What do you mean I can't pick and choose? Of course I can...that's how I come up with the goda..I mean....the questions!

How ELSE am I going to ask my questions if I don't pick and choose?!!!!!If I understopod it, I wouldn't ASK...right?

{shakes head...sighs}.

SO tell me why it is "appranet" to you that I only wish to discredit.

You';re apllying the misdirection I've commneted on. Instead of addressing my questions, you attack me.

Looks like I have offended you...but you are the one that has actually used insults and accusations. (and assumptions!)

• Members

Very nice post, and assuming a GREATdeal about me.
:(

Add to that, you casually skipped over the VERY issue.

"When I decided to commit to Jesus,..."

You just "decided". It's so weird. I could just decide to be a "Star Wars Geek". My belief and commitment would be little different than yours.

But you always have "eternity" as the last backup....and who can argue with that?

I don`t see how I was assuming a great deal about you. The only thing in my post that even referenced you was about what you said in your last post. The rest of my post didn`t involve or reference you at all.

If you decide to be a "Star Wars Geek" that`s cool. I love Star Wars myself. But it`s not a valid comparison for believing in Jesus.

Let me clarify this. You can believe at any point in your life. There is no time limit. As long as you make the decision before death. You don`t have to be defensive. I have always said that your life is your own. Whatever you choose to believe is your business and none of mine.

I don`t put people down for not believing the same as me. I only try to show people that there is someone out there who loves them unconditionaly.

Eric

• Members

Originally posted by travis bickle

nice. that's some good drinkin right there. i got to bask in the glory of catchin chick corea live friday night at the blue note. it was mind blowin {censored}.

Chic Corea is indeed mindblowing. Was this electric...with Frank?

• Members
Originally posted by grumphh

:eek:
Are you saying that non-christians are somehow less than christians?

we are all equal in God's eyes.

Paul was Saul, a persecutor of Christianity before Christ knocked him on his heiny and persuaded him to turn his life around. Moses killed an egyptian before becoming God's spokesperson.

these are encouraging testimonies, in light of our own sinfulness.

but if all you ever intent to do is chip away at someone's faith in Christ with skepticism and undermine what it is God calls each one of us believers to do, which is have faith and share the message of salvation, then you serve the enemy, whether you wish to accept it or not.

thus the term, spiritual warfare.

• Members

Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

I don`t see how I was assuming a great deal about you. The only thing in my post that even referenced you was about what you said in your last post. The rest of my post didn`t involve or reference you at all.

If you decide to be a "Star Wars Geek" that`s cool. I love Star Wars myself. But it`s not a valid comparison for believing in Jesus.

Let me clarify this. You can believe at any point in your life. There is no time limit. As long as you make the decision before death. You don`t have to be defensive. I have always said that your life is your own. Whatever you choose to believe is your business and none of mine.

I don`t put people down for not believing the same as me. I only try to show people that there is someone out there who loves them unconditionaly.

Eric

" It`s called hardening of the heart"

"Also it is one of Lucifer`s most potent tools"

You don't know enough about me to say my heart is hardened, or that I am under the influence of Satan.

My Priest even recently said "Christian search for Truth"...which it seems that overzealous Christians abandon. Duolos has displayed the same lack of ever quest for Truth. Which includes your own faith and beleif in God, right?

Didn't Jesus say "my God, My God, why have you abandoned me?"

Why did he say that? Was he trying to tell us it's okay to doubt your faith? To question it?

You would have yourself above Jesus.

• Members

Happy vernal equinox to all the pagans and heathens.

Easter comes from the pagan goddess Eostre, who took the form a hare/rabbit, as it is a symbol of fertility. The eggs are also a symbol of fertility and life, and were part of the feast.

It is a celebration of life and fertility, and would include an orgy.

• Members

" It`s called hardening of the heart"

"Also it is one of Lucifer`s most potent tools"

You don't know enough about me to say my heart is hardened, or that I am under the influence of Satan.

My Priest even recently said "Christian search for Truth"...which it seems that overzealous Christians abandon. Duolos has displayed the same lack of ever quest for Truth. Which includes your own faith and beleif in God, right?

Didn't Jesus say "my God, My God, why have you abandoned me?"

Why did he say that? Was he trying to tell us it's okay to doubt your faith? To question it?

You would have yourself above Jesus.

Wow, you are really defensive. Especially considering that I am only stating my beliefs. I never told you to believe one way or another. I don`t care what you choose to believe. Good grief.

Every time I come on here and say anything about Jesus everyone gets their panties in a wad. I have never told anyone what they should do or believe. Get over it. If you don`t believe, big deal. That`s your decision and yours alone. Do what you want.

I believe what I believe. ME, ME, ME, ME. Not you.

I have never put myself over Jesus. Never once have I said what you should do. Not once. Believers can question, but not about Jesus being the son of God. Why would you question that if you were a believer? I question things in the bible all the time. Not if they are right or wrong, but how I should embrace them. The questions of a believer are mostly about themselves, not about their belief in God or Jesus.

Eric

• Members

Originally posted by mentoneman

but if all you ever intent to do is chip away at someone's faith in Christ with skepticism and undermine what it is God calls each one of us believers to do, which is have faith and share the message of salvation, then you serve the
enemy
, whether you wish to accept it or not.

thus the term, spiritual
warfare

Just singling out the words enemy and warfare here.

Not really christian, are they? At least, to my understanding Jesus was all about love?

I mean, by using those words islamic suicide bombers come to mind - i believe that they too have declared spiritual warfare on the enemy... The enemy being everyone else that is not them.

Just before you gave me the definite impression that you felt that you as a christian were above us non-believers?

Do you think that way too?

• Members

Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

Wow, you are really defensive. Especially considering that I am only stating my beliefs. I never told you to believe one way or another. I don`t care what you choose to believe. Good grief.

Every time I come on here and say anything about Jesus everyone gets their panties in a wad.
I have never told anyone what they should do or believe.
Get over it. If you don`t believe, big deal. That`s your decision and yours alone. Do what you want.

I believe what I believe. ME, ME, ME, ME.
Not you.

I have never put myself over Jesus. Never once have I said what you should do. Not once. Believers can question, but not about Jesus being the son of God. Why would you question that if you were a believer? I question things in the bible all the time. Not if they are right or wrong, but how I should embrace them. The questions of a believer are mostly about themselves, not about their belief in God or Jesus.

Eric

Once again...not addrewssing my post!

HAve I EVER EVER EVER (lol) said that you wre forcing me to your beoiefs?

Why are you arguing that!

{shaking head}

. I just got a big f you run around!

You act as if if your faith can never be shaken, and you chideme for testing yours and questioning mine. Yet Jesus shows us it is okay.

• Members

it does no good to debate back and forth, if you dont like the thread then thats fine, theres alot of others to post on. if you want to express a opinion then thats fine but its not worth getting upset about or trying to make somebody feel bad.
everybody should be nice to each other.

• Members

Guys,
We need to lay off of 17tubes. He is really trying to come to terms with himself and his faith in the Lord Jesus. He is asking honest questions and is really looking for answers.

The way we are going about this isn't helping him in the least.

Gary

• Members

Screw the religion which belittles its believers and makes them grovel. No, I was not born with sin, nor am I a "sinner", so if you'll pardon the language, Jesus and this silly little holiday can go {censored} themselves :)

• Members
Originally posted by blargh

Screw the religion which belittles its believers and makes them grovel. No, I was not born with sin, nor am I a "sinner", so if you'll pardon the language, Jesus and this silly little holiday can go {censored} themselves
:)

:bor:

• Members
Originally posted by blargh

Screw the religion which belittles its believers and makes them grovel. No, I was not born with sin, nor am I a "sinner", so if you'll pardon the language, Jesus and this silly little holiday can go {censored} themselves
:)

Yes, you were born with sin.
Yes, you are a sinner.
Yes, you can go {censored} yourself.

-Attila

• Members

Originally posted by riffy

Guys,

We need to lay off of 17tubes. He is really trying to come to terms with himself and his faith in the Lord Jesus. He is asking honest questions and is really looking for answers.

The way we are going about this isn't helping him in the least.

Gary

I don`t understand how I am keeping him from asking honest questions. I never said that I was right and he was wrong. I never told him what he should believe. I havn`t attacked him in any way at all.

I never did anything except state my personal beliefs. How is that wrong?

I will say this one more time for the record.

You don`t have to believe the same as me. Believe what you feel.

How can I make it any plainer or simpler?

"I" believe that Jesus is the only true son of God. "I" believe he came to us to teach us how to be closer to God and then in a selfless act sacrificed his life for us. "I" believe that he arose from death through God`s power and in doing so defeated death and Lucifer. So that we may be forgiven of our sins and have eternal life with God.

Nowhere in that statement did I say anything about anyone else`s beliefs. Only mine.

I will also say one more time. Thank you Lord Jesus for loving me even though I am not worthy.

Happy Easter,

Eric

• Members

Thanks be to God I say and Jesus who was resurected! to the non believers,well use your imagination,cause thats whats in store for you folks,the rest of us who have some faith will move on to another level,and thats the way it is!!

Archived