Super huge Easter thank you to Jesus

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

I posted this thread to say thank you to my savior. Negative reaction or not. It doesn`t matter either way to me. As I said, I am not ashamed of my beliefs. If you don`t want to believe then don`t. That`s your decision.

Besides, which of you nonbelievers have sacrificed your life for me? You can come on this board and insult my beliefs, but you have never done anything for me. Why should I care what you have to say? The fact is, I don`t care.

Hey, if you want to praise Jesus, this is probably the best place for it. I hear Jesus plays solid state amps though.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by batotman

I wanna sit home in my underwear, play some guitars, put music on my new mp3 player and lay in the a/c stroking my beard while watching television.

haha that sounds like my ideal day! :D

• Members
Originally posted by rambleon223

Happy Easter guys!

If religion or celebrating holidays is not your thing then cool. You do reveal yourself to be a miserable turd if you try to crap on someone else for enjoying their life and and giving thanks for somthing important to them.

It's real simple, don't click on the thread, and don't post a reply if you have something "witty" or condescending to say about someone's personal beliefs. Mocking other people doesn't make you look cool guys, just insecure and bitter that you feel like you're missing out on something.

+1

It is really petty to do something like that. :wave:

• Members

You can come on this board and insult my beliefs, but you have never done anything for me. Why should I care what you have to say? The fact is, I don`t care.

Eric

Some christian spirit there, eh? :D

• Members

This holiday is two-fold for me.

I thank Jesus for everything he has done for me in my life.

I also thank my wonderful country, the United States of America for just having a day where children are celebrated with baskets and candy and where traditions continue such as coloring eggs, sitting down to dinner with family, etc.

Religious or not, this day is for every American to celebrate family, freedom and being alive.

• Members
Originally posted by Riverdragon

Hey, if you want to praise Jesus, this is probably the best place for it. I hear Jesus plays solid state amps though.

No way. Jesus is the man. When I get to heaven, I have no doubt that all guitarists will play through hot-rodded Marshalls with tone for eternity!

Satan will be playing a KRANK. :)

• Members
Originally posted by Duolos

Well, praise God:thu: What a glorious day....! Everyday is awesome for a believer but it is great for everybody who is to take a moment corporately and focus on the reality of a risen savior. Glory to God forever:thu:

And Jesus doesn't play a solid state amp, I am thinking he plays a Bogner
:D

HAHAHAHAHA!!!........I think Jesus would probably smoke all of us on the guitar. He probably plays through some kind of custom "one-off", all tube, midi capable channel switcher. But I did hear that he prefers Mesa/Boogie 4x12 cabs. :thu:

Eric

• Members

Jesus is the MAN.

again it's amazing how skeptics love to spit on Christians online, and then when they finally get a negative reaction through ridicule, they point the finger and go

"aha! see! you are really negative after all!"

as if they got over on us and uncovered the "true" Christian, and feel great about dragging a Christian down to their level.

but when you boil that down, it's the outcry of a hopeless sinner groping for and trying to tear down what the sinner with hope has.

faith in Jesus Christ and everlasting life!

it's true that most Christians can't turn the other cheek and lay down without a fight. i can't. sinful, yes, but honest too. it's insane actually that i think i have to fight that fight when God obviously can handle it Himself.

and that's what makes what Christ did even more amazing...he knowingly laid down not just his pride, but his LIFE for every single person good or bad. God gave His son.

could there be a greater gift to give? as a parent i couldn't think of a greater sacrifice as an example.
God loves us.

thank you Jesus!

• Members
Originally posted by Sick Michael

By the way, if one were a true Christian, one would be thanking God for this every single day of one's miserable existance.

Moreover Easter was a pagan festival.

:p

Amen Michael,
I pray and thank God for each day that I am alive and in his blessings. On those days where I don't feel like I am so particularly blessed;) I thank the Lord my God for the day that
he made anyway.

Gary

• Members

Originally posted by mentoneman

Jesus is the MAN.

again it's amazing how skeptics love to spit on Christians online, and then when they finally get a negative reaction through ridicule, they point the finger and go

as if they got over on us and uncovered the "true" Christian, and feel great about dragging a Christian down to their level.

but when you boil that down, it's the outcry of a hopeless sinner groping for and trying to tear down what the sinner with hope has.

it's true that most Christians can't turn the other cheek and lay down without a fight. i can't. sinful, yes, but honest too. it's insane actually that i think i have to fight that fight when God obviously can handle it Himself.

and that's what makes what Christ did even more amazing...he knowingly laid down not just his pride, but his LIFE for every single person good or bad. God gave His son.

could there be a greater gift to give? as a parent i couldn't think of a greater sacrifice as an example.

God loves us.

thank you Jesus!

There's a lot in this post that goes aginast everything I was taught as a Christian and Catholic.

Just re-read it very carefully.

• Members

How about we just leave it.

It is obviously a sensitive subject. so lets not create a religous conflict.

people have different belief's and views. so why can't we just respect other peoples beliefs and leave it at that!

• Members

Jesus is the MAN.

God loves us.

thank you Jesus!

That`s a great post brother. It pretty much sums up what happens on this forum when religious topics come up. Sad, but true.

I never meant this post to become a religious debate. Like I said before, religion is a construct of man. Man made up "religion". Man is not perfect so therefore religion is not perfect.

I worship Jesus. I don`t worship a religion. Jesus was the only perfect man to walk this planet, the true son of God. He is worthy of worship. Not some religion that man made up after he was gone. No religion ever layed down it`s life for my eternal salvation. Only Jesus.

Eric

• Members

That`s a great post brother. It pretty much sums up what happens on this forum when religious topics come up. Sad, but true.

I never meant this post to become a religious debate. Like I said before, religion is a construct of man. Man made up "religion". Man is not perfect so therefore religion is not perfect.

I worship Jesus. I don`t worship a religion. Jesus was the only perfect man to walk this planet, the true son of God. He is worthy of worship. Not some religion that man made up after he was gone. No religion ever layed down it`s life for my eternal salvation. Only Jesus.

Eric

Well don't balme me too much for not automatically assuming it's all factual. Okay?

Sorry...don't be mad....God made me this way.

• Members

as if they got over on us and uncovered the "true" Christian, and feel great about dragging a Christian
down
to their level.

:eek: Are you saying that non-christians are somehow less than christians?

• Members

Originally posted by 17 Tubes

Well don't balme me too much for not automatically assuming it's all factual. Okay?

Sorry...don't be mad....God made me this way.

Dude, I`m 36 years old. I didn`t automatically assume that Jesus and the New Testament is all factual. I was dragged into church as a young child just like most other kids are. I hated it. When I grew up, I turned my back on religion and Jesus. It took many years of trying it on my own before I realized that I was not the top of the food chain.

When I decided to commit to Jesus, that`s what I did. I didn`t commit to any religion or church. Only Jesus and God. I am my own man, but I follow and worship Jesus as my Lord, master and God.

Also, it`s not God that made you the way you are. It`s called hardening of the heart. God only does this when he is denied over and over again. Also it is one of Lucifer`s most potent tools. After all, what would God benefit from your disbelief? There is only one who benefits from that. Lucifer, who was cast down for his betrayal.

Eric

• Members

Thank you Lord for loving me.

Thank you for your sacrifice.

Eric Baz

A happy Easter to all. Please don`t use this thread to flame religion. It`s not about religion.
:thu:

No, it obviously is about transexual mudwrestling.

• Members

Dude, I`m 36 years old. I didn`t automatically assume that Jesus and the New Testament is all factual. I was dragged into church as a young child just like most other kids are. I hated it. When I grew up, I turned my back on religion and Jesus. It took many years of trying it on my own before I realized that I was not the top of the food chain.

When I decided to commit to Jesus, that`s what I did. I didn`t commit to any religion or church. Only Jesus and God. I am my own man, but I follow and worship Jesus as my Lord, master and God.

Also, it`s not God that made you the way you are. It`s called hardening of the heart. God only does this when he is denied over and over again. Also it is one of Lucifer`s most potent tools. After all, what would God benefit from your disbelief? There is only one who benefits from that. Lucifer, who was cast down for his betrayal.

Eric

Very nice post, and assuming a GREATdeal about me. :(

Add to that, you casually skipped over the VERY issue.

"When I decided to commit to Jesus,..."

You just "decided". It's so weird. I could just decide to be a "Star Wars Geek". My belief and commitment would be little different than yours.

But you always have "eternity" as the last backup....and who can argue with that?

• Members

Eric

amen

Archived