Guitarist with the hardest style to cop....

AgentOrange

• Members

This may well get a bit of a debate going between the shredders and the blues guys over feel, but what the hell, im bored!

Personally, i think Michael Romeo has the hardest style to imitate. When i jam to symphony x songs, the riffs often take a bit of work to sound as fluid as he plays them, but the solos are something else. Its not just the speed either, even his slower leads can be hard to get down. When I listen to solos by a lot of shredders, like paul gilbert or alexi laiho etc, I can hear familiar shapes and patterns coming in and i can get a mental picture of how theyre doing it, but this guy is something else. Even when I download the tabs and i can see how everything links together, he goes all over the place and with such ease that its taking me forever to try and do with the same syle and fluidity that he shows. His intructional DVD takes the piss aswell!

What do you guys think?

James

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll go the other end of the spectrum here.....

* Brad Paisley

or

* Brent Mason

I've come to find I can nail down rock players, or at least emulate them enough to have people who I'm copying (such as EVH, SRV, ect...) But I just cant figure out this country stuff?!?!?

• Members

Originally posted by tele_jas

I'll go the other end of the spectrum here.....

* Brad Paisley

or

* Brent Mason

I've come to find I can nail down rock players, or at least emulate them enough to have people who I'm copying (such as EVH, SRV, ect...) But I just cant figure out this country stuff?!?!?

yeah my dads a big jerry donahue fan and my brain just doesnt work like that! I guess its just a style ive never really tried to play, but the few attempts i made were laughable

James

• Members

Originally posted by Knut E Evenmo

Holdsworth is one of Romeo`s biggest influences. I haven`t heard a lot by H., but it seems to me they play "wider" than the normal scales, if that makes sense??

yeah romeo has some very wide stretches in his leads, just like holdstworth. Playing some of his solos has definately improved the range on my left hand, but im still a way off doing it with the ease either of those two guys does

James

Archived