January New Gear thread

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've owned a couple of Boogies, but the Borg has intrigued me for some time. So I'll probably get one of each to start, and probably add another borg. (and a mixer to mix the Boogie's poles) My next purchase will be a pair of Noiserings, and a ST Morphing Terrarium. (provided there are enough of them shipping of course...)

I'd also like a Hertz Donut. I had the Modcan VCDO, which did similar things (but probably on a more Hi-Fi scale, (haven't tried the Donut yet, but I imagine it has that Harvestman flair to it.
:)
)

thinking things through, i'll probably opt for some traditional analog VCOs rather than a Donut- my Buchla is all complex oscillators so i'll be looking for moogish analog in addition to the weirdest processors.

• Members

thinking things through, i'll probably opt for some traditional analog VCOs rather than a Donut- my Buchla is all complex oscillators so i'll be looking for moogish analog in addition to the weirdest processors.

That Macbeth dual oscillator is nice. :) I've been thinking that would pretty much cover any traditional VCO needs I would have. A bit expensive, but...

xseries2.jpg

• Members

i'm really glad ken shelved the mini-clone project to make modules, this was a wise for his business particularly after the Old School was released.

Definitely a good idea. He makes some really nice sounding gear, and that market is a bit on the crowded side. (top to bottom solutions from Moog, SE, Spectral, MFB, etc.) I'll probably end up with an AFG and two AO's though for now. I'd love that dual, but I'm more or less rebuilding from the racks and power supply up right now. (due to changing formats for the 4th or 5th time) :)

• Members

I've owned a couple of Boogies, but the Borg has intrigued me for some time. So I'll probably get one of each to start, and probably add another borg. (and a mixer to mix the Boogie's poles) My next purchase will be a pair of Noiserings, and a ST Morphing Terrarium. (provided there are enough of them shipping of course...)

I'm looking at the ST MT also. Really nice stuff there, excited for this company. The Macbeth Dual Osc is a gem, but it's definitely expensive. Had the M3X for a while and Macbeth Osc are about as raw vintage as you can get, besides the bigger guns of Modcan, Serge and Buchla.

• Members

Definitely a good idea. He makes some really nice sounding gear, and that market is a bit on the crowded side. (top to bottom solutions from Moog, SE, Spectral, MFB, etc.) I'll probably end up with an AFG and two AO's though for now. I'd love that dual, but I'm more or less rebuilding from the racks and power supply up right now. (due to changing formats for the 4th or 5th time)
:)

continuing this off-topic business, i visited Buchla's place in berkeley this evening and saw what they're about to release: one of the coolest/weirdest modules EVAR!!

• Members

Yep a mattel synsonics i have been amused watching demos of them for a while. other wise slow gear month my rhodes suitcase is getting retolexed in white, new hardware logos back check mod so that has consumed my funds. :blah:

Archived