January New Gear thread

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

nice!

i hung out with both the guy who is The Harvestman and the guy who is Make Noise last night at the Trash Audio BBQ, very cool guys both of them. i was pleased to learn my weird Buchla envelope follower experiments are quite loved!

• Members

nice!

i hung out with both the guy who is The Harvestman and the guy who is Make Noise last night at the Trash Audio BBQ, very cool guys both of them. i was pleased to learn my weird Buchla envelope follower experiments are quite loved!

Thanks! I've been quite happy with the amount of things I can do with just a handful of modules. Usually I'm much more buried in the modular crack syndrome by now. It seems a little extra planning is paying off this time.

Oh, and the envelope follower experiments are great! I really like the first one you posted here. It has a very hypnotic effect, and a slightly evil tinge to it. :D Kinda reminds me of something you'd see in one of those stop-motiony ghost movies.

• Members

No new gear for me for a while, i just found out last week that i'm getting made redundant at the end of March :( Least not unless i find another job in the next 10 weeks.

Apart from the MAM vocoder and a couple of Doepfer modules i paid TBS for the previous week that haven't arrived yet :)

And some Moogware that's coming out of my clothes budget :thu:

• Members
No new gear for me for a while, i just found out last week that i'm getting made redundant at the end of March
:(
Least not unless i find another job in the next 10 weeks.

:cry: good luck with the job search.

Apart from the MAM vocoder and a couple of Doepfer modules i paid TBS for the previous week that haven't arrived yet
:)

And some Moogware that's coming out of my clothes budget
:thu:

still, who needs to wear clothes when you're synthesizing. :cop:

• Members
No new gear for me for a while, i just found out last week that i'm getting made redundant at the end of March
:(
Least not unless i find another job in the next 10 weeks.

Apart from the MAM vocoder and a couple of Doepfer modules i paid TBS for the previous week that haven't arrived yet
:)

And some Moogware that's coming out of my clothes budget
:thu:

dieter d

• Members

I got a new car yesterday, so no new synths coming in anytime soon..

Yup, me too.

Gettin' me a used Yaris this weekend with 40K on the clock. Nice little commuter car, I drive about 100 miles a day and my 2000 Hyundai has 150K on the odometer.....

• Members

Cheers. I might need it.
:cry:

Maybe i'll come back to the Terry Jones thing one day, but it won't be during winter in the North of England.
:p

That sounds very cool, was that Europe or US? Did they pronounce it Mogue?
:lol:

it was in the greater Los Angeles area by the beach, almost everyone there was there for NAMM. fortunately i didnt get a chance to hear anyone mispronounce "Moog".

look what finally arrived! the first thing i did was snap a bunch of photos before i start f-ing the whole thing up.

ekdahl2.jpg

• Members
look what finally arrived! the first thing i did was snap a bunch of photos before i start f-ing the whole thing up.

The Ekdahl Moisturizer - that is really cool. I almost bought one but I decided I couldn't afford it.
Instead I placed an order for one of these today:

The Reverse and Infinite settings sold me.

electro-harmonixcathedral.jpg

• Members

The Ekdahl Moisturizer - that is really cool. I almost bought one but I decided I couldn't afford it.

i bought the Moisturizer direct from Karl a couple months ago- someone tipped me off that you could get 'em for $100 less if you buy direct- the catch is that you have to wait a few months for it to be made. it also meant no sales tax for me since Haven is in california. now i see he's raised the price to match Analogue Haven, a shame. btw, that picture is on my bathroom sink!

the Cathedral looks like a nice pedal, though.

• Members

I had one dream and it finally became into reality. I got it already for christmas but the excitment haven't still lowered at all so maybe it is valid for january new gear topic :lol:

roland19.l.jpg

I got it from my friend who owned 2 of these :lol:

Besides it's in very good condition and got it relatively cheap! 750 euros (~$1000) whereas I have seen them going up to $3000!!! Also without even talking about money, the hardest thing is to be even able to find one for sale!

• Members

Look forward to hearing some sounds from it, that's gonna be pretty high on my GAS list at some point.

0wank.gif

I need another wanking smiley. That one is looking forward to the weekend :facepalm:

• Members

been wanting this for my live gig for a long time. so i finally picked a brand new one 2 days ago.

this is great, i hadn't had a mixer in years.. i might even try how it sounds in an OTB mix setup. feels extremely sturdy, the pots and everything is built like a tank. haven't tried the onboard fx yet, tho i didnt really plan on using it, but it could prove to be handy.

DSC06559-1024.jpg

• Members

been wanting this for my live gig for a long time. so i finally picked a brand new one 2 days ago.

this is great, i hadn't had a mixer in years.. i might even try how it sounds in an OTB mix setup. feels extremely sturdy, the pots and everything is built like a tank. haven't tried the onboard fx yet, tho i didnt really plan on using it, but it could prove to be handy.

DSC06559-1024.jpg

Nice! If you do any OTB mixing, let us know what you think the positives and negatives are, and what converters you're using.

I might have to eventually substitute my reel unit with a computer, but I'm not so keen on letting go of the mixer...

• Members

Did a trade with a co-worker.

I gave her this:

ipodv.jpg

She gave me this:

laptopb.jpg

It's a Gateway. Tiny, with widescreen display. It was produced sometime during 2007.

Quick specs:

AMD Turion 64 X2
1.70 GHz
2GB RAM
160 GB HD, 5400 RPM
3 USB ports
DVD burner
1 ExpressCard slot

As you can see, the screen is completely messed up. No idea what the heck she did to it, lol. But that's one of the 2 reasons we traded. The 1st reason being that it crashed and she didn't want it. It came with Vista but she lost the recovery CD that was shipped with it, so I reformatted it and installed XP Pro. I will upload a pic when I replace the display.

When she first described for me, I thought it would be my long-awaited break to start messing with virtual synths. But from the actual specs, I don't think that's gonna cut it. I don't know what I'm gonna end up using for precisely, but for now, it's a perfect backup machine:)

Archived