Whoa, Phil, why are you closing SPAM threads now?????????????

Megadeth7684

• Members
Originally posted by tlbonehead

There has always been a rule against spam threads. We all know that. I've posted them and had them dumped. It was no big deal because,after all,the rule is there. Sometimes,they let them hang around,sometimes they don't. When you joined,you must have had to agree to the rules of the forum,right? And you are here so evidently you agreed to them.

Debbie Downer

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This is already really long, but my two cents are:

Sometimes a single spam thread is necessary, because a sale is a priority. Somebody either needs money very badly, sometimes for a FAMILY EMERGENCY!, and other times to take advanatge of someother deal that must be done.

Often, the single spam gets taken care of within a day or two. (Unless the price of a San Dimas pionty white w/ maple fretboard isa bit too high).

Did I just say tha out loud?:eek:

Anyway...I say keep the spam. We love gear, we love seeing it talking about watching it go for sale bought sold and on and on,.

KEEP IT!

• Members

I love the individual spam threads. I don`t use the sticky thread because I`m on dial up and it literally takes hours to go through it. Perhaps all the dial up users should file a class action lawsuit against HC and MF for infringing on their rights to do business via the internet. If I can`t acess the spam in a timely manner then how can I do business with anyone. This sounds like discrimination to me. Isn`t this against HC and MF policies?

SPAM,SPAM,SPAM,SPAM.........
This sucks, but if anyone is interested I have a Digitech X-series flanger pedal for sale. Like new condition for $50.00 + shipping(lower 48 only, please). A great little digital flanger with multiple settings. PM me if interested.

Eric

• Members
Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

I love the individual spam threads. I don`t use the sticky thread because I`m on dial up and it literally takes hours to go through it. Perhaps all the dial up users should file a class action lawsuit against HC and MF for infringing on their rights to do business via the internet. If I can`t acess the spam in a timely manner then how can I do business with anyone. This sounds like discrimination to me. Isn`t this against HC and MF policies?

SPAM,SPAM,SPAM,SPAM.........

This sucks, but if anyone is interested I have a Digitech X-series flanger pedal for sale. Like new condition for $50.00 + shipping(lower 48 only, please). A great little digital flanger with multiple settings. PM me if interested.

Eric

Eric, you're spamming something in this thread, I love it! :D

• Members

This is sure to cause me pain but ...

H-C has a For Sale/Spam forum. It's called the Gear Classifieds. It is searchable by type of gear. It allows you to contact the seller individually. It isn't cluttered by comments from people commenting on pricing or how they like or dislike the item in the ad.

I always hated Spam threads in the forum. I think they just clutter the up.

YMMV

• Members
Originally posted by HottKarl

C'mon guys. SPAM threads have got to go....so we can make room for way more important threads such as this gem:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1277895

I've offically put MYK on ignore....i wish there was a way to put an IP on ignore to capture all his monikers.

Haha! He does suck. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Eric, you're spamming something in this thread, I love it!
:D

Well hell, what can you do?

I posted it over in Phil`s thread too. I think that`s what we ought to do. Spam up every thread on the board. Nothing but spam so everything has to get locked out or deleted.

Eric

• Members
Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

Well hell, what can you do?

I posted it over in Phil`s thread too. I think that`s what we ought to do. Spam up every thread on the board. Nothing but spam so everything has to get locked out or deleted.

Eric

I can't believe some people think it's just fine and dandy that the mods come in here and just change everything about this place. Sorry, but I care, and so do lost of guys who have been around this place longer than all the mods.

• Members

C'mon guys. SPAM threads have got to go....so we can make room for way more important threads such as this gem:

I've offically put MYK on ignore....i wish there was a way to put an IP on ignore to capture all his monikers.

You sure the trouble with you and MYK is actually MYK? Maybe its you.

• Members

Did I do something to you?:confused:

• Members
Originally posted by tlbonehead

You sure the trouble with you and MYK is actually MYK? Maybe its you.

I don't have any trouble with MYK....In fact, I'm betting MYK has no idea who I am....or for that matter, cares. But I do find his constant posting of random crap in every imaginable thread and his multiple moniker thing to be extremely annoying.

So rather than constantly be annoyed, I've got him on ignore. I'm sure he could care less. So yeah, I guess it is me.

But it gets back to the root point of this whole discussion....if you don't want to read something, don't click on it. And if someone or something annoys you......{censored}ING IGNORE IT.

If more people operated that way here, we'd be looking at girlie threads, spamming gear and generally operating as usual.

But thanks for your comments. :thu:

• Members

>

In Sound on Sound magazine, and used with permission.

And to those who participated in the copyrighted materials thread, I have the data for ya:

The RIAA has sued over 18,000 people who participated in P2P networks.

4,500 people have settled for an average of $4,000 per case.

That's $18,000,000 so far.

• Members
Originally posted by Anderton

>

In Sound on Sound magazine, and used with permission.

And to those who participated in the copyrighted materials thread, I have the data for ya:

The RIAA has sued over 18,000 people who participated in P2P networks.

4,500 people have settled for an average of $4,000 per case.

That's $18,000,000 so far.

$0.00 from HCAF :thu:

• Members

I can't tell if you're attacking me or MYK. If it's me, then maybe this will be of some help:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/joke

If not, disregard that and have a lovely smiley face. :)

• Members
Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Guys, as I explained way back when the spam sticky was started, we can allow you one spam thread for your personal WTB and FS posts... and we ask that you keep your spam stuff in there.

If we allow all of you to do spam threads, two things happen. We wind up with a board full of spam threads (and start getting complaints - most of them from respected forum regulars who I shall not name) and the REAL spammers - you kow, the nOObs who register and start spamming, corporate spammers etc. try to throw it back in our face - "well hey dood, I read the rulez, and it does say no spam, but uh, why are you letting everyone else do it?"

If you want to discuss the merits of a particular item you're considering purchasing, feel free to start a thread and ask question and discuss it at will. Yes, that can be a loophole, and I doubt someone is going to close or pull the thread if it's worded as "Hey, I'm considering getting a MKI Boogie - what do you think?" and then someone else comes along later in the discussion and says "dood, I have one for sale - I'll PM you".
;)

But other than that, please just use the dedicated thread and don't give me a lot of grief over it, okay?
;)

Since it seems everyone is OK with individual spam threads, why don't you do a poll and see what WE want? If the forum is going to be filled with spam threads, then let us prove how dumb we are to want such a thing :D

Otherwise, throw up a SPAM forum. It's not like it's rocket science turning on another PHP forum. It certainly wouldn't be the first.