Whoa, Phil, why are you closing SPAM threads now?????????????

Megadeth7684

• Members
Originally posted by Digital Jams

It was the "Possible Spam" threads with guys trolling to see what they could get for there stuff.

THAT was of no help to this situation.

I would hardly define it as 'trolling', man =)

trolling would be something along the lines of, say, me going into every one of your threads and saying steve vai is a pole smoker or some such

not that I think that =D

plenty of 'make me an offer' threads have popped up on the site...no biggie..

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Originally posted by shreder75

I would hardly define it as 'trolling', man =)

trolling would be something along the lines of, say, me going into every one of your threads and saying steve vai is a pole smoker or some such

not that I think that =D

plenty of 'make me an offer' threads have popped up on the site...no biggie..

+1

Guys, as I explained way back when the spam sticky was started, we can allow you one spam thread for your personal WTB and FS posts... and we ask that you keep your spam stuff in there.

If we allow all of you to do spam threads, two things happen. We wind up with a board full of spam threads (and start getting complaints - most of them from respected forum regulars who I shall not name) and the REAL spammers - you kow, the nOObs who register and start spamming, corporate spammers etc. try to throw it back in our face - "well hey dood, I read the rulez, and it does say no spam, but uh, why are you letting everyone else do it?"

If you want to discuss the merits of a particular item you're considering purchasing, feel free to start a thread and ask question and discuss it at will. Yes, that can be a loophole, and I doubt someone is going to close or pull the thread if it's worded as "Hey, I'm considering getting a MKI Boogie - what do you think?" and then someone else comes along later in the discussion and says "dood, I have one for sale - I'll PM you". ;)

But other than that, please just use the dedicated thread and don't give me a lot of grief over it, okay? ;)

• Members
Originally posted by JerryP

I sent a PM suggesting a spam catagory added to the forums. Sticky spam thread is too much work.

Feel free to spam on my forum. I don't get much traffic but it's there to use.

Jerry

Rumor has it a SPAM forum (or something along that lines) is in the works.

• Members
Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Guys, as I explained way back when the spam sticky was started, we can allow you one spam thread for your personal WTB and FS posts... and we ask that you keep your spam stuff in there.

If we allow all of you to do spam threads, two things happen. We wind up with a board full of spam threads (and start getting complaints - most of them from respected forum regulars who shall not name) and the REAL spammers - you kow, the nOObs who register and start spamming, corporate spammers etc. try to throw it back in our face - "well hey dood, I read the rulez, and it does say no spam, but uh, why are you letting everyone else do it?"

If you want to discuss the merits of a particular item you're considering purchasing, feel free to start a thread and ask question and discuss it at will. Yes, that can be a loophole, and I doubt someone is going to close or pull the thread if it's worded as "Hey, I'm considering getting a MKI Boogie - what do you think?" and then someone else comes along later in the discussion and says "dood, I have one for sale - I'll PM you".
;)

But other than that, please just use the dedicated thread and don't give me a lot of grief over it, okay?
;)

I'll continue to make individual SPAM threads thank you very much. :thu:

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

I'll continue to make individual SPAM threads thank you very much.
:thu:

And I'll continue to pull them. And if you continue to do so after repeated warnings, I'll get tired of dealing with it reasonably (since you're apparently not willing to play within the rules and be reasonable yourself) and take further action. Your call bud.

• Members

And I'll continue to pull them. And if you continue to do so after repeated warnings, I'll get tired of dealing with it reasonably (since you're apparently not willing to play within the rules and be reasonable yourself) and take further action. Your call bud.

You have to be kidding me dude. Why the {censored} are you guys ruining this place?

• Members

Phil,

Could you please tell your pet project that I have never reported a thread that contained girls or SPAM?

Thank you and best regards,

Scotty

• Members

{censored}... you are a faggot

• Members

Detective Scrots?????

I kid, I kid.

:wave:

• Members

.....(and start getting complaints - most of them from respected forum regulars who I shall not name)

I don't know why anyone would complain about individual SPAM threads :confused: IMHO, there are not that many, and they are easier to see, as opposed to trying to weed through the huge SPAM thread.

SPAM is one of the cool things on this board --- many good deals to be had from fellow forumites here.

-Attila

• Members
Originally posted by Attila

I don't know why anyone would complain about individual SPAM threads
:confused:
IMHO, there are not that many, and they are easier to see, as opposed to trying to weed through the huge SPAM thread.

SPAM is one of the cool things on this board --- many good deals to be had from fellow forumites here.

-Attila

+1 man, + {censored}ing 1

• Members

A spam forum would obviously keep everything in the same place like a sticky, but it wouldn't be a total bitch to read. And it would be easy to search for specific gear offers, instead of being directed to a multiple page thread and having to go through 3 or 4 pages to find your search string.