Whoa, Phil, why are you closing SPAM threads now?????????????

Megadeth7684

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Originally posted by Markdude

A spam forum would obviously keep everything in the same place like a sticky, but it wouldn't be a total bitch to read. And it would be easy to search for specific gear offers, instead of being directed to a multiple page thread and having to go through 3 or 4 pages to find your search string.

The mods don't care about our ideas or opinions, that's been made VERY obvious the past few weeks. They just do whatever the {censored} they want.

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

The mods don't care about our ideas or opinions, that's been made VERY obvious the past few weeks. They just do whatever the {censored} they want.

it's cuz they have an army of ninjas in waiting.:D

• Members

Wow, are these {censored}heads just looking for ways to piss the forum off? Spam threads have never been a problem since I've been here and I'm sure have never been a problem in the past. Do you piece-of-{censored} moderaters just sit and ponder on how to {censored} with our daily life on this forum? Every {censored}ing day you pull some new bull{censored} that has NEVER been a problem in the past. God damn O'Queef strikes again, this is rediculous.

• Members
Originally posted by WillShrdForFood

Wow, are these {censored}heads just looking for ways to piss the forum off. Spam threads have never been a problem since I've been here and I'm sure have never been a problem in the past. Do you piece-of-{censored} moderaters just sit and ponder on how to {censored} with our daily life on this forum? Every {censored}ing day you pull some new bull{censored} that has NEVER been a problem in the past. God damn O'Queef strikes again, this is rediculous.

Hey mods, read this, he couldn't be more on the money with everything he said.

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

I've noticed. However, I've always thought Phil was a pretty reasonable guy. He just seems a little more, um...human, than the rest of the mods. I hope he can see the potential in that idea.

I'd actually prefer having a spam forum instead of scattering it in this board. The only drawback I can see is that people from all the forums would make deals through the single spam board and I know that there's a lot of specific people that have good reputations for their transactions that frequent the Amps board and people might not be comfortable buying from sellers from other forums that they don't know much about.

However, I do agree that the mods are going a little crazy over all kinds of stuff that have never caused any problems in the time I've browsed here.

:confused:

• Members

For what it's worth, I am completely in favor of individual SPAM threads. I'm on 56k and sifting through 10 pages in the sticky can take all day.

I can't really understand a problem with the individual threads either. There's what... 10 more threads a day due to SPAM?

• Members

I've noticed. However, I've always thought Phil was a pretty reasonable guy. He just seems a little more, um...human, than the rest of the mods. I hope he can see the potential in that idea.

I'd actually prefer having a spam forum instead of scattering it in this board. The only drawback I can see is that people from all the forums would make deals through the single spam board and I know that there's a lot of specific people that have good reputations for their transactions that frequent the Amps board and people might not be comfortable buying from sellers from other forums that they don't know much about.

However, I do agree that the mods are going a little crazy over all kinds of stuff that have never caused any problems in the time I've browsed here.

:confused:

Phil just closed my SPAM thread poll. It was 10-1 in favor of keeping individual SPAM threads.

• Members

I'd actually prefer having a spam forum instead of scattering it in this board.

but then everybody would have to be checking 2 boards at once...might as well be the psycho-sticky at the top...{censored} that.

• Members
Originally posted by WillShrdForFood

Whatever tickles his little pickle.

Doesnt he have anything better to do?

Well, he doesn't have to worry about deleting girlie threads anymore, so I guess not. They just keep moving onto getting rid of other cool things about this forum.

• Members
Originally posted by Stratotone

MYK talking about proper forum use is kinda like Dr. Mengele writing a book about raising twins.

:mad:

Pete

What's wrong with what Dr. Mengele did?

Just because you don't understand his methods doesn't mean you have to put him down by comparing him to me...

• Members
Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Cracks and other illegal software requests are DEFINITELY a no-no. I didn't see it - got a link?

Naw, not my style to tattle. Sorry. But, at the time, I was looking for the 'terms and conditions' page, and couldn't find it to post a link in that thread.

These last few rounds of 'enforcement' are a little discouraging though.

• Members
Originally posted by j666

but then everybody would have to be checking 2 boards at once...might as well be the psycho-sticky at the top...{censored} that.

I think having to check 2 boards would be a lot more convenient than having to sift through huge threads. Like I said earlier, at least if you were searching for a specific thing, you could find a thread about it instead of having to go through multiple pages of a huge thread to find your search string.

Phil, I think a lot more business would get done without stickies because the majority of people interested in making deals here don't even bother with the hassle of looking through them.

• Members
Originally posted by LordOVchaoS

I like Jerry's Idea of a SPAM fourm. We have one over at sevenstring .org and it's great. It even has somewhat of a feedback system called iTrader.
:thu:
Would anybody be opposed to having an official FS, WTB, WTT forum?

As I said, it doesn't matter what we think man. It's whatever the mods want.

• Members
Originally posted by LordOVchaoS

I like Jerry's Idea of a SPAM fourm. We have one over at sevenstring .org and it's great. It even has somewhat of a feedback system called iTrader.
:thu:
Would anybody be opposed to having an official FS, WTB, WTT forum?

I'm all for that, but it would be better if it's separated into amps/cabs, guitars, etc. like TGP.

• Members

I think having to check 2 boards would be a lot more convenient than having to sift through huge threads. Like I said earlier, at least if you were searching for a specific thing, you could find a thread about it instead of having to go through multiple pages of a huge thread to find your search string.

Phil, I think a lot more business would get done without stickies because the majority of people interested in making deals here don't even bother with the hassle of looking through them.

true...