Wisdom teeth coming out... forget drug?

rememberduane

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
  • Members

Originally posted by Digital Jams

Unless they bring out the spring loaded tooth smasher, then yeah something like that.

I don't think the tooth that's coming out would be smiling. I suspect that picture to be a fraud, but ask fancynapkin, he knows about these things.

• Members

Originally posted by GCDEF

There are several levels of general anaesthesia. Don't remember the details, but I have a friend who is an anaestheologist who explained it to me. Wisdom tooth removal is a fairly light anaesthetic that requires neither a breathing tube, nor a catheter. I know I didn't have either when I had mine done. I didn't even have a catheter when I had my gallbladder removed. You should probably watch the language, especially when you don't know what you're talking about.

Be prepared to be called an idiot and stuff.

• Members
Originally posted by Darkburst

My dad is a surgeon and he recommended that I not go under if I wanted to recover quickly. Plus he said there's always a chance something might go wrong and you'll never wake up! His advice was not to go under unless necessary.

That's what my dentist said too...then he x-rayed me and said "Yeah...you'll need to be put under general anesthetic..." :)

As for the "never waking up" part, I could tell the anesthetist was a bit nervous when I awoke. He kept barking directives at me like "wake up, wake up, get up, come on, you can't stay here all day". I felt like my heart was stuck in neutral, no strength at all, so I wasn't exactly happy with him. After half a minute or so I managed to retort "Look, I know it's probably tee-off time somewhere, but I can't even lift my damn arms, so give me a minute ok?" It didn't occur to me until later that he might've been concerned about my not waking up as quickly as someone else.

BTW folks, I had a breathing tube for my procedure.

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

I don't think the tooth that's coming out would be smiling. I suspect that picture to be a fraud, but ask fancynapkin, he knows about these things.

The lack of thoat snake negates the whole picture so I will not bother the napkin with this one.

• Members

Originally posted by Digital Jams

So gallbladder removal does not need a catheter but tooth removal does huh????

That's only because gallbladder removals are done at the bottom of a swimming pool, so the chlorine takes care of the pee pee in the pool.

I think I read that somewhere on the net.

• Members

Originally posted by GCDEF

There are several levels of general anaesthesia. Don't remember the details, but I have a friend who is an anaestheologist who explained it to me. Wisdom tooth removal is a fairly light anaesthetic that requires neither a breathing tube, nor a catheter. I know I didn't have either when I had mine done. I didn't even have a catheter when I had my gallbladder removed. You should probably watch the language, especially when you don't know what you're talking about.

I was specially refering to being unconcious and getting them taken out, which is what the thread starter was inquiring about.

He says "Wouldnt I want to be unconcious?"

I say "No, they would put tubes in you and you'll feel like {censored} when you wake up, local anaesthesia is better"

Archived