rememberduane

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by fancynapkin

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/anesthesia/SC00026

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/CONSUMER/CN00080c.html

"The equipment she is about to use to administer the anesthetic and support the patient's life and vital functions during the procedure is now checked out. It includes an anesthesia gas machine and a ventilator--a machine that will pump oxygen and anesthesia gases to the patient's lungs through an endotracheal tube placed in the patient's windpipe with the aid of a laryngoscope--a tubular instrument used to look into the interior of the larynx."

:rolleyes:

Sorry but the fact remains that you used the official AOL chat room reference guide to bring medical information to the table.

Since when are people's thoats getting snaked for a wisdom tooth removal :confused:

• Members
  • Members

Originally posted by sah5150

No one gets fed during a wisdom tooth extraction. Period.

Steve

I never said they do dip{censored}, learn to read.

They also dont frequently use general aneasthesia either:

"Most wisdom teeth extractions are performed in the dentist's office under local anesthesia. "

http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/UVAHealth/peds_dental/wisdom.cfm

• Members

You are an idiot. We are talking about general anesthesia for wisdom tooth removal. Not long operations. Quote all you want cupcake, but no one gets a catheter or breathing tube for wisdom tooth removal with general anesthesia.

Steve

If you don't use rolleyes, you're going to have a hard time proving your point. :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

I don't remember any NG mags at school, except every once in a while, I'd see one on the floor in a bathroom stall. What's that all about anyway?

Well you see there are......................

wooooooooooooooo there! Nice try Bob.

• Members

You are an idiot. We are talking about general anesthesia for wisdom tooth removal. Not long operations. Quote all you want cupcake, but no one gets a catheter or breathing tube for wisdom tooth removal with general anesthesia.

Steve

EVERYONE gets a breathing tube during general anaesthesia dip{censored}. It doesnt matter what its for. read: http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/CONSUMER/CN00080c.html

Catheters are for long operations, and like I said, getting knocked out to have a tooth pulled is silly.

• Members

Right, but we're talking about wisdom tooth removal.

Steve

For {censored}sake, if its general anaesthesia, IE UNCONCIOUSNESS, it doesnt matter what the {censored}ing procedure is, you have to have a breathing tube.

He's not getting general anaesthesia because his dentists are intelligent, so its no worry. Im just trying to adress to him that he does NOT want to get put under for something simple like this.

• Members

I never said they do dip{censored}, learn to read.

They also dont frequently use general aneasthesia either:

"Most wisdom teeth extractions are performed in the dentist's office under local anesthesia. "

Oh sweetie, don't get those panties all in a bunch! You make general comments about a guy having to get catheterized if he goes under to have his wisdom teeth out, then mention feeding tubes... Are these all non sequiturs or do you have a point?

Impacted wisdom teeth require general anesthesia.

Steve

• Members

Oh sweetie, don't get those panties all in a bunch! You make general comments about a guy having to get catheterized if he goes under to have his wisdom teeth out, then mention feeding tubes... Are these all non sequiturs or do you have a point?

Impacted wisdom teeth require general anesthesia.

Steve

You need to work on reading comprehension

• Members

EVERYONE gets a breathing tube during general anaesthesia dip{censored}. It doesnt matter what its for. read:

Catheters are for long operations, and like I said, getting knocked out to have a tooth pulled is silly.

Nope.

...and getting general anesthesia for impacted wisdom teeth, where they use a tool to shatter the tooth under your gums and them cut a hole and rip out the pieces bit by bit seems like a good idea to me.

Steve

Archived