Wisdom teeth coming out... forget drug?

rememberduane

• Members

Originally posted by fancynapkin

have fun under GA, you have complete control of bodily functions so no worries. trust me on this one, someone told me he did.

(before you call me liar, that was more sarcasm)

Since when does the issue of you being an idiot and liar have to do with whether I will be under GA or not?

I never was going to be, I'm not going to be, and the choice isn't being changed, nor was it ever hinging on any comments made on an internet message board.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by rememberduane

Since when does the issue of you being an idiot and liar have to do with whether I will be under GA or not?

I never was going to be, I'm not going to be, and the choice isn't being changed, nor was it ever hinging on any comments made on an internet message board.

Did you miss the part when I said I was being sarcastic? You clearly missed it when I said I got my wisdom teeth pulled under GA, where I was simply pointing out your rediculous notion that loose recollections of someone on an online forum was somehow exhalted above medical information. That whole delicious bit of sarcasm went right over your head.

Taking massive {censored}s in OT threads is actually entertaining, lets keep it up.

btw, if you actually want an answer, you might consider asking the surgeon administering the drug.

• Members
Originally posted by sah5150

In some cases wisdom tooth removal with general anesthesia is overkill. In some cases, it is not. Don't listen to nappy, get an opinion from the oral surgeon you are having remove them.

Steve

I had minen taken out when I was in 7th grade. I was like 12. They gave me general anesthesia because some of them hadn't even broken the surface yet. Yeah, they were pretty bad.

The doctor said I was joking with them the whole time, and made the nurse laugh so hard she was crying. I don't remember any of it, but they said they should probably not repeat some of the jokes I told them. LOL! :D

• Members

Originally posted by GCDEF

All right, so I just called the surgeon's office that took mine out and asked. No tube. They used a

That's the same thing I had. Put who knows, when you're asleep, maybe they use a coat hanger and jam it through the nasal passages into your throat? Technically, I guess then it would be a tube.

• Members

I don't know how you guys go in there and have all four removed at the same time. I would NEVER survive it.

I say pull'em one at a time. Let one heal. Go back in a month and have the next one done. It's much easier to care for one open socket, mouth wound than four. And God forbid you get dry socket or an infection!

Now that I've scared you even more. ;) If your wissies are not broken through the gum, then it's likely you will have to go to an oral surgeon to get them out, if you want them out now -- and you'll have to do the whole "knocked out cold" routine.

But if your wissies are through the gum, like your normal teeth, then the dentist should just numb your mouth and yank them out like a regular pull. I waited for mine to come through fully and did this one at a time. I have one more pull in 3 weeks and I'm done.

A regular pull in no big deal. They just put a sterile guaze pack on the socket, you go home and change the guaze every 30-45 minutes until it stops bleeding and clots. Put an ice pack on the side of your mouth to reduce swelling and DO NOT DRINK CARBONATED DRINKS. Sometimes those bubbles get in the wound and cause problems. DO NOT use straws to drink. You will suck out the clot.

My last wissie pull was tough and the dentist gave me some prescription pain killers, but I ended up taking two advil and was fine. I was sore for 5 days though. Once you get past the third day with no problems, you're pretty much home free.

I recommend pulling them one at a time. But that's just me. I know what I can and can't handle. Four pulls at once would kill me. :)

Good luck!

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

That's the same thing I had. Put who knows, when you're asleep, maybe they use a coat hanger and jam it through the nasal passages into your throat? Technically, I guess then it would be a tube.

It's not a tube, it barely goes into the bottom of your nostrils.

Archived