Keith Olberman on 9/11

JBecker

• Members

Originally posted by 89strat

What was said tonight on Countdown echoes everything I have felt for five years but cannot articulate. Thank you Keith, for speaking as a New Yorker for fellow New Yorkers and the country.

Not all New Yorkers. There are still some of us who blame Al Queda for what happened. I take offense at those who will lay blame at America or the current Administration while ignoring the eight years we were at war with them prior to 9/11, or how killing off AlQueda in Iraq has nothing to do with our war against terrorism. Yep, like a lot of us, I was there, I saw it, smelled it, ran from it, and spent the next years going to funerals for those close to me or whatever of their body parts were found from it, and I, like many New Yorkers, am in no hurry to erect the next big tourist attraction commemorating the most successful strike in our country just for the sake of "....or the terrorists will win".

The terrorists already won. They won the moment they scared our president and congress into taking our freedoms and liberties away.

The most damaging attack by terrorists on the US in the last 5 years was not 9/11, it was the Patriot Act.

-W

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by SFW

*Puts Flame Gear On*

Name another President that has had to deal with TWO Nation disasters in their Presidency? Like him or not, the guys has had to deal with 9/11 (A Clinton problem- this {censored} should have been taken care of in

• Members

Originally posted by Thrust

I think the correct question would be to name another President that has been unable to deal with ANY disasters during their tenure. Bush has done more to spawn terrorism than any President in U.S. history. It will take YEARS to repair the damage this
man
has done (if he even deserves the right to be called a man, which is questionable).

Damage? That all depends on who you ask. In the last 5 years, most of the major American oil companies have invested a signifigant amount of money into their security and defense subsidaries. They KNOW that the oil is running out. What Bush did was give them customers for their new products. He insured their survival. There are now more terrorists by an order of magnitude then there were prior to 9/11. That's good business.

Sure, he's {censored}ed every American and every citizen of the planet Earth BUT those who own/work for the oil and defense companies, but hey, you can't please everyone all of the time, right?

-W

• Members
Originally posted by SFW

*Puts Flame Gear On*

Name another President that has had to deal with TWO Nation disasters in their Presidency? Like him or not, the guys has had to deal with 9/11 (A Clinton problem- this {censored} should have been taken care of in

• Members

Originally posted by PlayboyChris

Yeah, people are so tired of it that they made Dubya a 2-term president.

I guess you are forgetting that he was awarded the Presidency in 2000 by the Supreme Court, not by election. Gore actually won the popular vote in that election.

As for 2004, there is evidence that the state of Ohio was "taken", not won. The electronic voting machines were produced by a company owned by a huge Bush supporter, and despite the fact that the program provides no paper trail (how convenient), tampering was evident based on the fact that in certain counties, Bush received more votes than there were registered voters. A lawsuit has been filed in Ohio to prosecute this crime, but I'm sure it will be stonewalled by republicans more interested in protecting their Fuhrer than with preserving democracy in our own country.

• Members

That's defeatist wimpery right there.

naw, chris, i think he's right.

rove and co. wielded fear with such utter lack of integrity or shame that most of the people who voted him back in truly believed the their sole message: "vote for me or face another 9/11."

now they're doing it again for the upcoming congressional elections.

same goes for the invasion of iraq. most are too innocent to believe that an admisistration is capable of flat out lying to us about the reason for inavding. but anyone who knows the history of the neocons (rumsfeld, wolfowitz, cheney, etc.) knows their real motive: spreading democracy by military force. they've been promoting and writing about this since the reagan era.

• Members
Originally posted by freaksho

naw, chris, i think he's right.

rove and co. weilded fear with such utter lack of integrity or shame that most of the people who voted him back in truly believed the their sole message: "vote for me or face another 9/11."

same goes for the invasion of iraq. most are too innocent to believe that an admisistration is capable of flat out lying to us about the reason for inavding. but anyone who knows the history of the neocons (rumsfeld, wolfowitz, cheney, etc.) knows their real motive: spreading democracy by military force. they've been promoting and writing about this since the reagan era.

So you defeat that by countering with REAL solutions and not simply accepting the notion that the populace is powerless against the GOP propaganda machine.

Rage against the machine, as it were.

We should discuss politics over a pint or seven at 3 Floyds brewery sometime. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by MetalHed

I guess you are forgetting that he was awarded the Presidency in 2000 by the Supreme Court, not by election. Gore actually won the popular vote in that election.

And you've obviously forgotten that in this country we elect presidents by electoral votes, not popular votes.

• Members

So you defeat that by countering with REAL solutions and not simply accepting the notion that the populace is powerless against the GOP propaganda machine.

Rage against the machine, as it were.

We should discuss politics over a pint or seven at 3 Floyds brewery sometime.
:thu:

yeah, in a perfectly sane world i agree with you. but everyone was so {censored}in afraid to publicly dissagree with a wartime leader, lest they be viewed as unpatriotic and/or freak conspiracy theorist.

and your on, dude!

later.

• Members

And you've obviously forgotten that in this country we elect presidents by electoral votes, not popular votes.

....and you forget that Bush still won with the smallest margin of victory of any sitting President in History.

Discount the completely ignorant retards who just vote for whoever is in office, and it's President Kerry in a landslide. :thu:

• Members

You've obviously not noticed that we do not elect presidents in this country. We have our dictator chosen from one of two facist regimes by electoral votes.

-W

• Members

Very true. The fact that the most hated man in the world was re-elected says more about the utter ineptitude of the Democratic party than anything else. And yet, they still have the same leadership (Howard Dean et al). Don't expect anything from them in 2008 either.

WoW !!!

I'm not the political type....but that is sig worthy!

That pretty much bitch slaps all democrats right on the mouth.

• Members

Sadly, I can't name one since Truman (and even that's a stretch). Can anyone else?

{censored}, more like Washington (well, maybe 75% for him), Jefferson.

Too bad Ben Franklin couldn't run for class president today, let alone the real deal... not that he ever would've wanted the job.

• Members

Originally posted by DannyM

That pretty much bitch slaps all democrats right on the mouth.

No, no, that's been 8 years of having Bush's cock rammed down our throats. Saying democrats have a weak political machine is like telling a $5 hooker they're the worst lay you've ever had: they've already been {censored}ed for a surprisingly little amount of money. Telling them what they already know is just redundant, not a bitch slap.

• Members

Originally posted by BrendanO

No, no, that's been 8 years of having Bush's cock rammed down our throats. Saying democrats have a weak political machine is like telling a $5 hooker they're the worst lay you've ever had: they've already been {censored}ed for a surprisingly little amount of money. Telling them what they already know is just redundant, not a bitch slap.

...and that $5 whore's name is Nancy Pelosi.

I lean left of middle and thought the Olberman video was truly fantastic but looking at and listening to current Democrats speak proves to me that they're all the same, self seeking pieces of {censored} as any other politician. Well...at least the Dem's aren't as frisky for world domination and controlling the population through technology and force.

We need a major reboot to the whole system or the spiral will just get faster and faster.

The elected Rich have no true empathy or abilty to understand the lives of lower middleclass/ poor people. They will always represent best what they know and that's other rich people.

• Members

I dont know, I think PlayboyChris's take is way better.

• Members
Originally posted by starsnuffer

The terrorists already won. They won the moment they scared our president and congress into taking our freedoms and liberties away.

The most damaging attack by terrorists on the US in the last 5 years was not 9/11, it was the Patriot Act.

-W

I agree completely. I find what this administration has done by taking advantage and encouraging a fear culture completely dispicable. :mad:

But I blame the American public for rolling over and allowing it to happen just as much.

• Members

And I believe taking the same approach to something and expecting a different outcome is called "insanity." Or in this case, "the Democratic way."

• Members
Originally posted by starsnuffer

-W

What freedoms and Liberties have been taken away? I keep hearing this but Im wondering why it hasnt affected me yet?

• Members

Don't quote me on this but I heard that since the Patriot Act took effect, you're not allowed to drive drunk anymore.

Who knew?

The funny thing that I find about republicans is that, in general, they don't care about the Patriot Act but get their panties in a bunch if you take away their guns. I'm surprised they don't realize it's the same thing.

And Kage, while the Patriot Act may not have personally affected you... actually, it might have but you may not know it... it has affected citizens of Middle Eastern descent. But who cares about them? They're not European immigrants. :rolleyes:

Archived