ARRRRRGH! My Les Paul Fell Over

Rayneman

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I'm not playing my expensive custom shop LP, it's in my case. It's not in a stand, not leaning against a chair, fireplace or bed, but in it's case. Clearly the only safe place.

My strats on the other hand........they could roll down several flights of stairs and be just fine. I don't keep them in their respective cases.:thu:

• Members

Yeah man, cracked headstock is no problem.

I've broken my studios neck twice....... so far. The first time the singer in my old band knocked it over. I nearly cried when i saw it, but he paid for the repair. $80 and it was brand new again.

Second time i was doing the almighty ultra trendy guitar throw at a show. My strap button ripped out of the back, and the guitar went airborn, and hit the hard tiled floor. That time i actually laughed my ass off, and quickly grabbed my backup.

I repaired it myself that time. A little wood glue, some plastic wood filler {censored}, and finished her off by wrapping the headstock with some ultra classy black duct tape...... to match the finish. The quality of my fix job is really messy, and extremely laughable, but she plays as well as she ever has, and she has extra mojo now a days from her war wounds, and duct tape bandages.

So the moral of the story is, don't sweat, all will be fine.

• Members

Hey Rayneman, you guys ever play out in C-Town? I see that your band is from Avon.... Not my kind of music but I'd love to see you guys play sometime... Let me know when you guys play Peabody's or something...

Also good luck with the guitar, it should be an easy fix for a luthier....

Hey,

We're working on a show at Peabody's for the 18th, which unfortunately is a Sunday...not sure if we're going to to do that though. It all depends on how difficult and unreasonable the promoter is going to make it.

All that stuff you may have heard on our myspace is pretty old, our new stuff is quite a bit different, and we're trying to locate a good studio in town to get our next CD together.

• Members

Yep Repairable and all to common. M Hamer Chapperal took a nose dive last fall and cracked the head stock thru the holes for the locking nut. A luthier glued it up and it sounds and plays like nothing happened. Damn Hercules stands. I don't use stands anymore if its not being played it is in the case.

MR Hiwatt

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Anyone interested in the results of a Les Paul neck crack repair check the first post. I'm stoked to get my Les Paul back.

Forumite Facefirst handled the whole repair for me, and he actually did the repair to the crack.

Anyone in Cleveland who is an occasional dumbass, and breaks their {censored}, reach out to Geoff (Facefirst). THANKS MAN.

IMG_5314.JPG

:thu:

• Members

Excellent fix it job. :thu:

I had my LP Standard leaning up against the couch one time and my wife accidently knocked it over. I heard it hit the ground and I came running out of the bathroom. I didn't even want to look at it and she was almost in tears. I picked it up and to my surprise it didn't even have a single scratch. It didn't even go out of tune. I was so relieved.

• Members

I was in the same spot just a few weeks ago. I was resting my stantard LP against a futon. It fell over flat; not hard; and on carpet. Same type of fracture. The local luthier did a great job repairing it for $200. But man o man... there goes the resale value right down the drain.:mad::D

• Members

my epi G-400 SG fell off a chair just like that the side oppisite of the controls hit the chair leg put a slight dent in it very unnoticable no paint damage or anything else and a week after getting it off ebay

Archived