ARRRRRGH! My Les Paul Fell Over

Rayneman

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The first week I owned my nice Jeff Beck strat I dropped I podxt on it and chipped the paint, my cats knocked it off the stand three or four times, and it dropped off of my strap. It's still in great shape. Solid instrument, I say!

That sucks about the paul, though. Those are heavy. So when they fall, it usually hurts something.

• Members

I'm not sure why everyone describes this as a Gibson problem....this will happen to any guitar with a tilt back headstock design if dropped right.

My USA BC Rich Mockingbird sustained a very similar injury about a year ago. Local repair guy fixed it for $100. Now, that does not include refinishing to hide the cracks, you can still see them if you look for them. If you want to completely conceal any evidence of the break/repair, it will cost significantly more. Any unfortunately, I would imagine your solid white finish will make it more dificult to hide.

• Members
{censored} yeah thats repairable, its also extremely common with gibsons. Glue that sumbitch back together and it will probably be stronger than it was.
:p

You should see my PRS that my lutheir put back together after I smashed it. You can put just about anything back together with enough glue.
:D

Happened with my old one and my dads that he sold, both repair jobs were done very well. That sucks hard but it is fixable and if you get a good guy it will be done very well, dont loose faith

• Members
better not treat my baby that way!
:D
it is a cheap fix, though. same thing happened to one of my studios.

Aw, hell no. I've learned my lesson.

I will say this...my now-gone '97 PRS CU22 (soon to replaced by your CU22 :) ) fell from a stand onto a cement floor with absolutely no apparent damage. The actual distance the LP fell was maybe 2ft from the seat of a chair.

• Members

Hey Rayneman, you guys ever play out in C-Town? I see that your band is from Avon.... Not my kind of music but I'd love to see you guys play sometime... Let me know when you guys play Peabody's or something...

Also good luck with the guitar, it should be an easy fix for a luthier....

• Members

As everyone else has said....easy fix. MY Les Paul Studio has just come back from it's THIRD headstock repair, and one of my SGs has had tthat opperation too.

It's not JUST a Gibson problem, but it is Gibsons that go the majority of the time. It's the angle they use on the headstock and the fact it's mahogany. If they were Maple necks it wouldn't happen...well...not just from slipping over it wouldn't.

Does anyone rembember an band back in the 90's called Skunk Anansie? Ace, their guitarist has a LP Custom which has been broken 14 times!!!!!

Even the Peter Green/Gary Moore '59 has had it's headstock smashed off and repaired...not very tidy repair either by all accounts!

• Members

That sucks.

I was standing with my Edwards les paul strapped around me and the strap came off. The guitar took a nose dive onto a wodden floor. The tuner hit the floor and actually went about 4-5mm into the floor and the guitar was still perfect :eek:

There is still a hole in the floor the shaper of my tuner :D

Archived