NAMM 2012

mildbill

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard

View Post

I think the M50 is the one that could see a KRONOS lite version as a replacement. Hard to say as they have been churning existing tech with the Micro products so they may still keep some of the M50 sound engine in some format. May be they will replace both the M3 and M50 that way and merge them into a KRONOS Lite

Hopefully the KRONOS lite will be made without the RH3 keybed problem... LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRaOfxDrIgg

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Waldorf will introduce Blofeld XL which adds many new features but none of them will work.

Ion will release a new synth that is a repackage of the Akai Miniak which was a repackage of the Alesis Micron. It will still not have a USB port.

Now that Gibson owns Stanton and KRK, they will announce a 250% price increase for both brands.

Behringer will introduce Sonork their first synthesizer, a workstation looking a lot like the Korg Kronos 61 but selling for only $750 MSRP.

Fender will follow up their entry into the car audio business with a new line of TV sets.

Native Instruments will announce Komplete And We Mean It this Time that bundles every software instrument ever made by any manufacturer into a single collection selling for $10,000 MSRP.

Togu Audio Line will announce the world's first freeware hardware synthesizer, a 100% analog recreation of the Juno 60.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Meatball Fulton

View Post

Waldorf will introduce Blofeld XL which adds many new features but none of them will work.

Ion will release a new synth that is a repackage of the Akai Miniak which was a repackage of the Alesis Micron. It will still not have a USB port.

Now that Gibson owns Stanton and KRK, they will announce a 250% price increase for both brands.

Behringer will introduce Sonork their first synthesizer, a workstation looking a lot like the Korg Kronos 61 but selling for only $750 MSRP.

Fender will follow up their entry into the car audio business with a new line of TV sets.

Native Instruments will announce Komplete And We Mean It this Time that bundles every software instrument ever made by any manufacturer into a single collection selling for $10,000 MSRP.

Togu Audio Line will announce the world's first freeware hardware synthesizer, a 100% analog recreation of the Juno 60.

Excellent!

OsXCJ.gif

• Members

View Post

Actually, good and welcomed idea. smile.gif

• Members

View Post

Awesome. Behringer made a mixer with boards inside that said "Mackie" on them, because they told their Chinese manufacturer to "rip this thing off exactly." Not joking.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Audacity Works

View Post

Awesome. Behringer made a mixer with boards inside that said "Mackie" on them, because they told their Chinese manufacturer to "rip this thing off exactly." Not joking.

Not to be disrespectful, but I don't believe this story. Can this be proven?

• Members

there will be a korg microtron, roughly half the size of the monotron with less features and only 2 knobs at $35

yamaha will make a gx1 app for iPhone and claim to be working on a mandroid version

btw "i" in iMac, iPad, etc stands for interim IMO. jobs was the interim CEO of apple upon his return in the 90s or iCEO. I'm not 100% sure if that's the inspiration/spite of those product lines but it's often cited as a potential source.

• Members

I am hoping that Auturia and G-Force go iPad with their libraries, soon followed by Nord. The latter probably won't happen anytime soon though. I would also like to see more sampling and real keyboard controllers with iPad connections and mounts. It would be such a great weight and time saver to craft all my samples and patches at home and take them out to gigs on an iPad. Plus a backup iPad in case of problems...

Side note, it's funny seeing "Junior Member" next to me. Since I started playing my first Moog in 1973 then built my first homemade synth with my own boards and circuit designs from Radio Shack a few years later. Oh well, it's kind of nice being called Junior too. ;-)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cowzar

View Post

If the time line in this video is correct, you may well be on to something my friend. wink.gif

http://bcove.me/lpas93i2

I think the odds of that happening are the same as this:

I really hope it would happen though, even throwing us at least something would be awesome. I hope the rom was pushed back because they worked extra hard on the next thing, and not because of difficulties or something.

Still, it do be a bit weird to announce next big thing before even releasing the rom. So, I won't hold my breath. cry.gif

And which Behringer products are NOT named after the stuff they are copying? If it's not exact, then it is super obvious. Copying the brand name though, is quite low even for behringer.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DJ RAZZ

View Post

"Kinda hoping DSI comes out with a Tetra keyboard. Seems like a logical progression."

Dave himself said that this is not likely.

I thought about why Dave would say that. The Tetra module is $800. If a keyboard version were produced, it would likely sell for around $1700, and that wouldn't be too much different than the $2100 Prophet PE.

Maybe DSI should add the Tetra's sub-oscillators to the Prophet and call it the Prophet SubZero.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bruto

View Post

I thought about why Dave would say that. The Tetra module is $800. If a keyboard version were produced, it would likely sell for around $1700, and that wouldn't be too much different than the $2100 Prophet PE.

Maybe DSI should add the Tetra's sub-oscillators to the Prophet and call it the Prophet SubZero.

It would be logical to think that the price difference between the mopho module and the mopho keyboard would be the same as between the tetra module and the tetra keyboard. If there was to be a tetra keyboard, it would be the same keyboard case as the Mopho keyboard, but in black.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mediterranean

View Post

wtf?? return that thing right now!

Is it still under warranty??

Even if it's not, they should still send you a new one or at least fix that... for free!

omgfacepalm.gifcry.gif

No worries, mayne. It's not my Kronos. But this problem has been reported by multiple Kronos owners, which makes me feel pretty good about not replacing my M3 with a Kronos.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bruto

View Post

49 keys would better fit the name Tetra. Still, he isn't building one, so this argument is purely academic.

All you have to do is run the 'Poly Chain' cable from the Mopho Keyboard to the Tetr4 box and then you have your poly-synth/keyboard Tetr4 or a modern 'Prophet 08' with sub-osc (but, with only 5 voices). This was explained when the Mopho Keyboard was released.

Cheers,

Phil

• Members

View Post

A 32-key polysynth? Ouch.

It would be logical since it would be much cheaper when it is already made for the Mopho. But I don't see 4 voice monosynth with 32 keys as any problem. The Access Virus TI/TI2 Polar is 37 keys and got 80 voice maximum, and I think it was fine because it fit perfectly infront of the computer screen.

• Members

Call me crazy, and I don't think it would ever happen, but I'd love to see Access Virus build a TI3 that includes a ROMPLER portion. I'd love to have a Virus that could do some 'bread and butter.' Add sampling functions, drum pads, some real pianos, EPs, and strings, etc., and I would be in heaven. The TI integration is brilliant, and I wish there was a ROMPLER that worked in the same way...

There's really nothing lacking in the market these days. However, my fantasy board would be a Virus that could handle 'bread & butter' gig sounds, along with it's current OS features.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Palaver

View Post

Call me crazy, and I don't think it would ever happen, but I'd love to see Access Virus build a TI3 that includes a ROMPLER portion. I'd love to have a Virus that could do some 'bread and butter.' Add sampling functions, drum pads, some real pianos, EPs, and strings, etc., and I would be in heaven. The TI integration is brilliant, and I wish there was a ROMPLER that worked in the same way...

There's really nothing lacking in the market these days. However, my fantasy board would be a Virus that could handle 'bread & butter' gig sounds, along with it's current OS features.

I wish access would use the free space on the Keyboard model to add Knobs for yamaha style FM synthesis.

I love FM!

Archived