mildbill

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by zzzxtreme

View Post

Gaul, it does. M50's keys feels so much "air", as horrible as alesis QS

although, I think it is intended to keep the weight down. 7+kg vs MO6's 10+ kg.

when I disassembled my Korg 01/w, I find the heaviest part is the keybed

QS has very playable keyboard. Its in completely different League. M50 is pure Casio {censored}. No, I have had much better keys from Casio. M50 is nice synth, but it has the worst keys, I have ever had.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DJ RAZZ

View Post

This is real? Is it on the Moog site yet?

Not on the Moog site yet, but a audio gear store already has a pre-order page. That's where all the NFO is coming from.

Actually kind of neat. I might be tempted to replace my MF-101 pedal with it. Maybe.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard

View Post

I will sneak it past home security... Lay low... say very little.. try not to smile... act normal... they won't notice... LOL

thumb.gif

Seriously though, that little Moog looks nice. I'll try to sneak one past the guards.

HolyGrail012.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Casio Man

View Post

QS has very playable keyboard. Its in completely different League. M50 is pure Casio {censored}. No, I have had much better keys from Casio. M50 is nice synth, but it has the worst keys, I have ever had.

I agree. The QS and Fusion feel very good to me.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MuzikB

View Post

Pass. Not rack-mountable and no patch storage.

Good on them to make a more affordable analog though.

I read allot of peps saying they want it for higher frequency stuff... Well it is not designed for that. So patch storage for intended use is less of an issue. Plus you can download and manage patches via midi... So all in all the extra live tweak controls and the form factor make me happy...

You will all forget what I said

jedimind.jpg

icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

I read allot of peps saying they want it for higher frequency stuff... Well it is not designed for that. So patch storage for intended use is less of an issue. Plus you can download and manage patches via midi... So all in all the extra live tweak controls and the form factor make me happy...

You will all forget what I said

jedimind.jpg

icon_lol.gif

I have and prefer the Slimphatty but I'm sure this will be a winner for Moog.

• Members

View Post

....$599.00

So - the Minitaur is real. I thought it was a very well done photochop prank by you and Med. icon_lol.gif I like it.

I also like most of the Alesis line of keys. QS aren't bad at all, and most have velocity, aftertouch, and release velocity. More than you can say for the big 3.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MuzikB

View Post

I have and prefer the Slimphatty but I'm sure this will be a winner for Moog.

The SP is a good move although I am surprised Moog did not just do 3, 5 or 7 channel voice expanders. Cheaper and more convenient to expand the LP (and the now SP) range.

It's all great stuff for anyone that like the Moog sound and has the need...

• Members

View Post

The SP is a good move although I am surprised Moog did not just do 3, 5 or 7 channel voice expanders. Cheaper and more convenient to expand the LP (and the now SP) range.

It's all great stuff for anyone that like the Moog sound and has the need...

I was wondering the same thing but I figured the all mighty dollar needs perpetual motion at Moog accounting.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zzzxtreme

View Post

Gaul, it does. M50's keys feels so much "air", as horrible as alesis QS

although, I think it is intended to keep the weight down. 7+kg vs MO6's 10+ kg.

when I disassembled my Korg 01/w, I find the heaviest part is the keybed

I have a QS8.1 with Vintage keys, Vintage Synth and Dance Q Cards and I quite love the action on mine - the tracking generator is hugely powerful also, but I digress. Built like a tank that thing is IMHO.

Sounds great when processed in your daw with proper resonant filters and the like also.

• Members

I reckon it'll probably be at least another year before KORG release anything new analogue. They wouldn't want to thwart sales of their affordable monotribe series (people would probably save their cash for the new product leading to a slump in sales)

I totally reckon they should do a monophonic, analogue, microkorg though, it'd use the monotron duo's oscs (with cross mod) through the monotron delay's delay, the envelopes, LFO and filter off the monotribe, and a microkorg keyboard/wheels. Most importantly, MIDI IN!!! Call it the Micro MS and they'd sell a ton! would probably sell for under $400 aswell.

They could also release the Micro 7, the MOD 7 engine, with some cool effects and a microkorg keyboard. I get incredibly good dubstep skrillex basses by running an FM synth, through a talkbox effect and then distortion, so they should make sure these effects are on there. They could then flog it to the dubstep crowd who'd lap it up.

Both would of course come in a variety of eye catching colours smile.gif

and then a year after that maybe they could release something with a proper {censored}ing full size keyboard for those of us who don't really like pitch ribbons and mini keys!

I'm sure someone good with photoshop could make mockups of the two afformentioned keyboards smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by xanderbeanz

View Post

They could also release the Micro 7, the MOD 7 engine, with some cool effects and a microkorg keyboard.

Now that's an interesting thought. If they haven't already considered it--and then drop onto our forum and read this--it may actually happen.

thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by xanderbeanz

View Post

They could also release the Micro 7, the MOD 7 engine, with some cool effects and a microkorg keyboard. I get incredibly good dubstep skrillex basses by running an FM synth, through a talkbox effect and then distortion, so they should make sure these effects are on there. They could then flog it to the dubstep crowd who'd lap it up.

Micro 7 could be a small Kaossilator -like touchscreen box. And another box for AL1 in a gotta get catch them all -style.

• Members

View Post

Judging by the turn down at the front, it is either a module or a synth big enough to have a control area next to the keybed.. My money is on a new module, possibly related to the new Nord Wave...

Sidepanels looked a bit like the ddrum module sidepanel, and if the "world will dance to the beat of a different drum" could be some drum module or something

http://www.ddrum.com/images/drumsets..._module_lg.jpg

• Members

I want Nord Modular 3 more than anything else in the world(well the peace, and happiness of the children would be nice too). Sadly the Clavia is too happy with their stage instruments to continue the most unique heritage they have. I hope it has at least been stewing in low heat and that it would be released some day. Please Clavia, say something Modular to me. I would be happy if I even heard about new Nord Modular. I would pay to hear something saucy about the Modular.

Archived