CASIO, the beginning of a NEW ERA

afr

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by VanHalen View Post
Sorry, but Casio has been known for decades as strictly a toymaker, like Mattel or Tonka. Would you buy a Mattel guitar or a Tonka drumset? Even if they put out a good product, most pros would have a problem with the name and their past products.

I didn't even realize Casio had any touch-sensitive keyboards yet.

facepalm.gif

We used to see a lot of these kind of uninformed posts but thankfully they are becoming less frequent. Casio's Privia pianos are neck and neck with Yamaha in the sub-$1000 class and they have won Key Buy awards from Keyboard Magazine. I've used several different models at gigs quite successfully and I always try to stay informed on what Casio is up to with their musical products line because it's often leading the pack.

Casio's new synths are getting a LOT of discussion on the web and the fact that they are affordable just doubles their impact. Not bad for a 'toymaker".

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by liliththekitten View Post
Best demo so far! Really want, can't wait till march.

G1 = sampling + more control from front panel but P1 = HEX LAYER

Both would make a nice little setup for $1000
If you get an extra $100 off since the G is that much more street or list...

Agree can see some doing that too...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by VanHalen View Post
Sorry, but Casio has been known for decades as strictly a toymaker, like Mattel or Tonka. Would you buy a Mattel guitar or a Tonka drumset? Even if they put out a good product, most pros would have a problem with the name and their past products.

I didn't even realize Casio had any touch-sensitive keyboards yet.

facepalm.gif
That's too bad your keyboard history is so limited. They had some of the best analog synths on the market. I'll be giving both models a listen and if they are decent, I'll pick up at least one if not both models AND gig 'em. I'd proudly gig a Casio (especially over a Roland which may or may not tell you something).

p.s. since they take batteries, I may make a very kick-ass keytar out of one. We'll see when I get one up close. It should be smaller than the Roland either way... smile.gif

-Mc

• Members

Since Mike from Casio lives about 45 minutes from me, I'm hoping he'll let me come over to see these bad boys. I'm actually excited for the WX-P1. I hope they sell a {censored}-ton so they keep with it.

So Mike... PLEASE can I come over?!? smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Casio Man View Post
I will do my loopy stuff on other gear and go with the hex. Hmmm...perhaps something like Kaoss Pad could also work as effects expansion.
That was my plan exactly. I'm not kidding, I'm pretty excited about this thing. The price is a steal. I could seriously gig JUST this thing. I'm actually very proud of Casio. They have a great product at a great price. I'm rambling. And talking in short sentences. THAT's how overwhelmed I am at this.

GO GO CASIO!!!

• Members

i'm right with you guys on this P1 business, it looks absolutely fantastic for the music i make. gaaah dedicated noise control. i'm real excited for this product.

mchale, if Mike ends up letting you take a peak let me know! if i can't be there myself, there might be a couple patch ideas i'd have you try. can't wait to see how crazy this thing can get.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead

View Post

so what's it's competition? roland juno di?

I don't know if that's the intent, but I am SERIOUSLY thinking about selling my Juno Di and getting this board instead. Wow, this is, to me, the most exciting thing to come out of this year's Winter NAMM! I am keenly interested in where Casio goes from here. Nice work, guys!

Archived