CASIO, the beginning of a NEW ERA

afr

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by AnotherScott View Post
If you're not using a computer, it's not a matter of timing issues... it won't work at all. You'll notice even the connector is wrong... the Casio is designed to be a USB device, not a USB host. You'll need one of these:

http://www.iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI or

http://www.kentonuk.com/products/ite...usb-host.shtml

The CTK-6000 is "class compliant" (meaning it doesn't require the installation of a custom driver in order to work on a computer), so those adapters should work fine.
Thank you for pointing that out. I totally overlooked the difference between USB device and USB host.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anybody using xw-p1 with iPad using USB midi ? ...i have the camera connection kit but it doesn't seem to be triggering garage band instruments ... What am I missing?

And what about that instrument external input? There seems to be almost nothing about it in the manual ...

• Members

Hmmmm. Thats a puzzle. I'm not sure what you're missing. I use it this way all the time. Are you just trying to play Garageband instruments live from the keyboard or trigger parts from the sequencer? Make certain that camera kit is connected all the way into the iPad.

From within a Performance you can determine which zones go to MIDI or USB (independently) or whether those sounds only trigger internal instruments. By default it should do all of them (MIDI, USB and the internal tone generator).

There are three audio inputs on the back of the XW-P1. The Mic/Line inputs work the same way. These can be routed through the solo synth engine. The 8" stereo audio input just passes audio through. More information on using the mic/line inputs through the solo synth can be found on the XW blog site (listed in my signature).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Update ... Still couldn't get iMS20 or Garageband to operate via MIDI with iPad2 ... When the XW-P1 comes online a message in the iMS20 app indicates the MIDI is connected but I can't get the keys to make the synth sound ...

Going to try a factory reset next ... I bought this used ... Who knows? Or maybe I already did something stupid ..

Last resort will be to get the Alesis IO Dock and use traditional MIDI, which I still prefer, I guess (especially if it works) ... I'm probaly going to pick up one of these but something is whispering to hold off ... And yet ... $200 bucks isn't really much to shed a tear over ...

• 3 months later...

Archived