Gary moore CRUSHES Albert King LIVE

Zachman

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On the GM and the midnight blues video they have Albert King & Albert Collins talking about GM. Collins talk about thier different styles and how they work well together.

2 memorable phrases

"Man.....that boys fingers is the craziest thing "

"His guitar got hot...it was hot like.......like pepper puddin'"

You can't write this stuff. Old blues guys are priceless

• Members
You all need to get a clue!
:mad:

The man was almost 70 hard "black" (and I mean that with respect!) years old there, cut him some slack!

He was born to the children of slaves, and had to pick cotton out in the fields of a plantation as a young child so that his family could eat. You spoiled fools don't even know what the blues is!

He is one of the very early blues men, and an innovator of such.

Where do you think Gary, Stevie, and all the other white boys learned how to play the blues, at the local mall in the valley?

What Gary was playing there could hardly even be called the blues, it was more shred-metal than anything else really, which is great and all, but come on now.

When you hear or see King playing with these guys, Gary, Stevie, or whoever, it's because they asked him to out of respect, as their inspiring mentor, that they felt very indebted to, and rightfully so!

Show some damn respect!

You wanna hear some good stuff, check out the CD he did with Stevie, and others of his earlier work.

He was a very humble man, that was always quick to not only share the spotlight, but actually drop back and let it shine on another instead. He was very supportive and encouraging to SRV, and encouraging to whites in general to share in carrying on the blues torch.

He was the real deal.

Yeah, and this written from the heart of a real metal head, who just happens to know where it all "really" came from; the hearts of the black slaves in the cotton fields, a humbled and oppressed people, that prayed night and day to be delivered, and thank God that they were delivered from that living hell, God bless their souls. That's where the blues came from. Can I get an amen?

RIP Mr. King!
:cool:

Amen. And while I think Gary Moore is a GREAT guitarist, he should've shown more respect IMO. You don't ask one of your hero's onstage and then try to upstage him, at least not right away. IMO.

• Members

He was a very humble man, that was always quick to not only share the spotlight, but actually drop back and let it shine on another instead. He was very supportive and encouraging to SRV, and encouraging to whites in general to share in carrying on the blues torch.

He was the real deal.

Werd. You see Albert just laugh his ass off when Gary Moore tears it up? :D

I love Gary, but if you even think about frontin' on Albert you've lost your damn mind. :p

• Members
It was "bluesy", and I'm not bagging on him; just emphasizing the point. Hoping to educate the uninitiated a bit so to speak, and put things into proper perspective.

We have at least one guy on this forum that can blow that performance by Gary away as far as "real" blues playing goes. What Gary was playing was a hybrid of several forms, and that's all good and well, but not really the blues, more of a fusion style.

Oh, and Stevie would never have played a blues-metal fusion style, and if he did, I would call what it was.

Sounds/looks/feels like blues to me. Blues/metal hybrid :confused::rolleyes:

• Members
If you like it, you like it. That's all that matters. But.....it's not traditional blues. If you think so then you need to study the blues a little bit.
:cool:

I know plenty about the blues. He takes blues and puts his own spin on, I don't see what's wrong with that.

• Members

I know plenty about the blues. He takes blues and puts his own spin on, I don't see what's wrong with that.

Nothing. Whats wrong is saying anyone is crushing Albert {censored}ing King. That doesnt even make sense.

I play bluesy {censored} but it definitely aint, "the blues."

• Members

Nothing. Whats wrong is saying anyone is crushing Albert {censored}ing King. That doesnt even make sense.

I play bluesy {censored} but it definitely aint, "the blues."

The qualifier was NEVER, that Gary crushed Albert "AT playing the Blues".

Archived