May New Gear Thread

• Members

I use the MDR-V6 in my studio for mixing. as It is only available in North America, I ordered an extra one for backup. The VicFirth is for the drummer to use for recording. QZ99 is also passive noise isolating, for recording also, usually for guitarists to guide the drummer. Since its only $38, I got two. The ATH M40fs is at crazy price of $58, so I ordered two, one for music listening, and another one to be sold for some profit to recoup the shipping cost. Ordered three AT2020 , to sell one or maybe two, also shipping cost reason.It was $100 when I bought one 2 years ago, now its only $67 each !!! They will replace my current two Shure PG81 which I will sell. the AT2020 does way better job than PG81, and PG81 is way pricier.

Thank God for bhphotovideo, ebay and weak US dollar LOL

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

2667_l.jpg

I'll attest to the quality of those ATH-M40's... I had a pair for over 11 years and the only thing that ever went wrong with them was the lining on the foam wore out... after 6 years! I have a pair of ATH-M50's now and couldnt be happier. Probably the most accurate sounding headphones I've heard and I'm already at year 3 with daily use on these and still going strong. Audio-Technica ftw! :thu:

• Members

:)

Too damn busy. Haven't had more than an hour so to play with it since, but what I heard was really, really cool.

I can't stop fooling around with it. I got to stop just making pads with it, but I'm currently working on making a decent piano. The upper octaves are still a bit off but IRIS has got me really back into programming sample instruments. I plan on using it to "save" my Minibrute patches.

• Members

phatty.jpg

That white rectangular thing in the lower left is a Moog
pocket protector
BTW

Hell, I could have sold you mine. I more of a fan of FM, as well as Roland SH and Juno type basses for my music. I never use my Slimphatty and want to give the Minibrute a try with its' new/ different filter.

• Members

My purchases were all ipad this month

IKs iKlip, everything amplitube, id been using my iphones version on the pad...the 8 track recorder rocks...i garageband in tracks from the synthstation and play along..at least thats the plan on the move..also got this, only $50 @ musiciansfriend now!

Tascam-iM2-Stereo-Microphone-for-iOS-Dev

• Members

Hell, I could have sold you mine. I more of a fan of FM, as well as Roland SH and Juno type basses for my music. I never use my Slimphatty and want to give the Minibrute a try with its' new/ different filter.

Funny i use my JV more for bass duties, if not software, while this covers leads or nastier stuff

Its a strange wee beast, i never think of turning it on but always enjoy it when i do

• Members

Updated Lexicon PCM Native Reverb, opened Logic and it says "Hey! You need a $50 iLok 2 to open the software you've been using for a year." Grr.
:mad:

So it's not very sexy, but...

ILOK-2.jpg
On the plus side, moving all my licenses to the new key was ridiculously fast and simple.

so how you like the lex? im in the market for verb.

• Members

May's addition was a simple stand. It's going to play a utility role in my rig. I needed something to put my keyboard rack on at gigs that I'm not providing P.A. for. (When I provide PA - I usually set it on top of the amp rack). I'm using a pair of Yamaha DSR112s. I've been simply setting the rack on it's side on the floor to the side of my keyboard stand - however, on a dark stage I can't get my head down there close enough to see what I'm doing if/when adjustments are needed. My plan is to set the stand so that it "straddles" on of the DSR112 monitors - allowing me to reduce my stage footprint just a hair (by going "veritical") and at the same time putting the rack a more convenient height. It's also going to see some use as as keyboard stand at "1 board/1 monitor" rehearsals.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]345326[/ATTACH]

• Members

61KaB5DfwQL._AA1000_.jpg

And I, for my part, picked up one of these while I continue to save up for the Big K. I needed a compact MIDI controller that I could dedicate to my DAW rig, and this fits the bill quite nicely. Arturia's aftertouch implementation, in particular, is excellent -- the response is perfectly even, as far as I can tell, and it takes an even lighter touch than the M3 did.

arp.jpgcs80v.jpgprophet.jpg

Arturia's current "Hybrid Madness" promotion was the icing on the proverbial cake. So I now also have ARP 2600V, CS-80V, and Prophet V to go along with my Minimoog V and Moog Modular V. Now I pretty much have the entire V Collection, except for the Jupiter-8V, which never really lit my fire.

• Members

stuffs from B&H has arrived. but stuffs from ebay has not (slow USPS)

the ATH-M40fs has plenty deep end good for heavy music, the MDR-V6 (my second V6) better for vocals/classical/jazz stuffs but less comfortable

I can't believe the great quality of QZ99 for $38.

great decade to buy music related stuff, everything seems to be cheaper

GTahH.jpg

Archived