May New Gear Thread

• Members

Trigger output to trigger input. Each output is assigned to a MIDI note#, plug this into something like the clock in of the SH-101 sequencer, and for each MIDI note on, it will send a trigger pulse out and clock the 101 sequencer 1 step.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

wow good score cr those lappis are sick my brosef has the same one

now u can connect maschine and all the other controllers and see what u've been missing in the softwar world !1

Thanks gregwar, you have been helping me a lot with this :) I couldn't afford a quad core like you suggested but with I think this will be good to start with. I definitely wanted the SSD. Now on to get an external USB HardDrive (2.0 unfortunately) where my projects will reside. The Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Ultra (why such a long name...) has a read speed of 41.9MBps, that should enough for about 30-35 tracks of audio, right?

This weekend I'll get Logic and I'm waiting for a good deal on a Steinberg MR816X or Focusrite Saffire, then I'll be all set...

• Members

the 17" has esata options for the express card slot. There's thunderbolt on the 13" mbps and fw 800. I've been using fw for heavy streaming of sample libraries for years and fw is never the bottleneck. for streaming multi track audio files USB will work in a pinch but ideally fw 800 (even daisy chained) or thunderbolt would be ideal.

• Members
MBPs don't have eSATA port? If not, that SUCKS BALLS. Then you'd be able to plug in much faster drives externally.

How DARE you complain about an Apple product! The gloriousness that is my 2010 MacBook Pro even has an extra USB port, for a grand total of.... (drum roll).... TWO USB PORTS!!!! I can't believe how generous the good people at Apple are, and still you complain!! Troll!!! :mad:

(BTW, congrats on the new weird looking, um, MIDI controller? :confused:)

• Members

ElectricPuppy

Oooo what do you think of the Meeblip, Piano? I've seen them on the interwebbies, wondering how they really are in person...

The Meeblip Micro is a kit. Very high quality circuit board and parts. I recommend having some experience before attempting. Mine took an hour or two to assemble (working at a very leisurely pace) and worked immediately.

It sounds very good. I hooked mine up to my EMU Xboard, which has 16 control knobs. I use two patches on the Xboard to access the 25 or 30 functions that can be addressed.

The filter is a little weak. I want to run this through the Monotron, but haven't gotten around to it.

There is no patch memory, so it gets a little frustrating trying to remember what knob is assigned to what function, etc. (I need to make a cardboard template for my EMU). I would get one of the higher priced models, that includes the knobs and artwork, if I did it again.

It is not a Minimoog, but it is surprisingly good for what it is.

• Members

I wish a deal like that was around when I was getting started. Oh wait, I was afraid of the auction format.

Well even so, this was a rare find. They assured me it is in perfect working order, a little rough on the eyes, the pictures looked okay. I suppose we'll just see...

• Members

Well even so, this was a rare find. They assured me it is in perfect working order, a little rough on the eyes, the pictures looked okay. I suppose we'll just see...

I looked up that one - yeah, it does look well worn. Also, there were lots of bids on yours - would have freaked me out.

Anyway, I've got a beaten-to-death DX100 on the way, for $35 (its starting bid) + $15 shipping. Nobody else seemed willing to take on the challenge, it seems.

I've been used to projects - I replaced the contacts and cleaned the aftertouch strip on an Alpha Juno 2 and cleaned out the red goop on an XP-80 (still not complete, but good enough at the moment). This one, however, might be more difficult - it's said to power on, but the LCD seems to not work and there's no guarantee that any sound comes out.

• Members

I looked up that one - yeah, it does look well worn. Also, there were lots of bids on yours - would have freaked me out.

Anyway, I've got a beaten-to-death DX100 on the way, for $35 (its starting bid) + $15 shipping. Nobody else seemed willing to take on the challenge, it seems.

I've been used to projects - I replaced the contacts and cleaned the aftertouch strip on an Alpha Juno 2 and cleaned out the red goop on an XP-80 (still not complete, but good enough at the moment). This one, however, might be more difficult - it's said to power on, but the LCD seems to not work and there's no guarantee that any sound comes out.

I've got a DX-11 that does the same thing (but only when you turn it upside down - you can't make this stuff up, folks) so if you find anything out, pray tell.

• Members

Huzzah! Let us now what you think about the Steinberg interface :)

Wife, son number 1, and I just each received an iPhone 4S today. They are still in the box at home, but Fed Ex dropped them off and wife let me know. After about 5 years cell-free, we decided to join the 21st century again. Son is taking a class trip to DC in a couple of weeks and turning 14 a few weeks after that, so we figured it was time to get us all phones. At my point in life, I have started counting the cost of things like phones and cable as a yearly charge. When you add up 3 X iPhones and the Sprint family plan up for two years, that makes one really nice synthesizer. Oh well.

• Members

Holy wow, this is just my month for sweet scores; I'll picking this gem up on Friday...

AuGnXx9CMAMBwE0.jpg:large

Complete with FACTORY Midi upgrade. A little dirty, and I'm not sure, but from what the guy describe it's only got a dead RAM Battery. $100. Obviously has no clue what he's got, but that's what he asked for it.

Archived