Unexcused absenteeism

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am still trying to figure out what a hipster is. Goole tells me it is a person who follows trends.

Hipsters are generally trust fund kids and young adults who eschew popular culture, listen only to indie music, wear skinny jeans and old-school sneakers, and project a certain blase indifference/pseudo high brow attitude toward just about everything. They love trendy coffee shops and night clubs, live in college towns and the hip ("deck") districts of large cities, and harbor an amazingly delusional sense of their own coolness and cleverness.

... and they rarely bathe.

• Members

hipsters are kind of irritating because they co-opt movements and seem bring an air of privilege and illegitimacy to everything they touch.

my good friend who does sustainable pottery bought land, has been growing organic food, etc. he was getting associated with all these suburban hipster kids so he had to shave his beard and get rid of his plaid shirts

those of us with goth/industrial sensibilities arguably got it worse with the advent of emo and twilight :facepalm:

• Members

Beards and flannel shirts are hip now? I thought it was funny when flannels became popular as "grunge". When I was in Jr high in the 70's it was common to wear a t-shirt with a flannel, jeans, and hiking boots. It had to be Levis or Lees. Wrangelrs meant you were a redneck.

• Members

ElectricPuppy is displeased with the recent attendance here at KSS. ElectricPuppy requires that all members post meaningful discussions on a daily basis. Regular absenteeism from this board will eventually result in ElectricPuppy revoking your Synth Geek card and a forfeit of your secret decoder ring.

Please make an effort to be more interesting.

Thank you,

-ElectricPuppy,

aka Lord of KSS, Protector of the 12 Keys, and Hero of the Jump Patch

It's all your fault, BOY!!

You're the one who drove out the good people with all of your radical nonsense. You allowed the unspeakables to take over this once fine forum. And now this place looks and smells like Detroit! HOW DARE YOU!!

But I am generous enough to help you fix the mess that you created. First, you need to get that no-good lazy bum Don Solaris over here so I can kick his lazy behind. Then we'll round up all of those who have wronged me in the past and give them the deluxe group ban package.

Do we have a deal?

• Members

Beards and flannel shirts are hip now? I thought it was funny when flannels became popular as "grunge". When I was in Jr high in the 70's it was common to wear a t-shirt with a flannel, jeans, and hiking boots. It had to be Levis or Lees. Wrangelrs meant you were a redneck.

Everything old is new again.

Though these days, it seems like it's only everything old. The supposed "mainstream" is trying to imitate a weird hybrid of early 2000 rave and hip hop, and hipsters can't decide whether they want to be synth poppers or twee or stuck in the 70s or the next generation of psychedelic hippies.

Archived