Poll: Would you turn down the gig to play in Avril Lavigne's touring band?

Random Hero

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Getting paid for playing guitar? Hell yes.

Of course, it would be illegal to bang 85% of the girls in the audience after the show. I'd keep my eye open for some MILF's though and gesture to the security staff to give them backstage passes. While their daughters are having a meet and greet with Avril maybe I could get a blow job from their mom. :thu:

• Members
Getting paid for playing guitar? Hell yes.

Of course, it would be illegal to bang 85% of the girls in the audience after the show. I'd keep my eye open for some MILF's though and gesture to the security staff to give them backstage passes. While their daughters are having a meet and greet with Avril maybe I could get a blow job from their mom.
:thu:

Nice to know everyones doing it for the music and the experience! :thu::D

• Members

No.

Mostly because pro-level touring would mean being away from my wife & daughter for several months out of the year. I'm not doing that for anybody. The only possibility would be for "stupid money", enough to semi-retire on after a year. Then, maybe.

Just for the sake of argument, if I were single, it would come down to money. They only way I'd take life on the road over what I've got now is for love of the music or $$$ and I don't love that music.

• Members

The thing about that is no matter how {censored}ty the artist, if they're very popular and you become known as one of their hired guns, your rep and cred will go nowhere but up... even if the artist sucks ass. You aren't associated with the {censored}ty music, and you get exposure as an independent musician.

So yeah I'd do it.

• Members
Nice to know everyones doing it for the music and the experience!
:thu::D

A fat chick offers you a million dollars to {censored} her. Are you {censored}ing her because shes the hottest {censored} ever? Nope, but the money is nice. You picking up what I'm putting down?

• Members
A fat chick offers you a million dollars to {censored} her. Are you {censored}ing her because shes the hottest {censored} ever? Nope, but the money is nice. You picking up what I'm putting down?

That you like to {censored} fat chicks? :confused:

• Members

Yes. Then I'd try to convert her into a death metal head. I'd start slow ("Hey, Avril, wanna listen to some Sabbath?)....and then by the end of the tour I'd have her worked up to playing some Suffocation or Blood Bath covers.

"This next one is a cover....EFFIGY OF THE FORGOTTEN!"

* 28,000 teeny bopper heads explode simultaneously *

• Members

Yes. Then I'd try to convert her into a death metal head. I'd start slow ("Hey, Avril, wanna listen to some Sabbath?)....and then by the end of the tour I'd have her worked up to playing some Suffocation or Blood Bath covers.

"This next one is a cover....EFFIGY OF THE FORGOTTEN!"

* 28,000 teeny bopper heads explode simultaneously *

You know, I said no in the poll, because I have gone down that route, playing in a band I didn't like for money, and it sucks, but I think HottKarl has the right idea.

• Members

Yes.

Judging by her current lineup I'm a little too old, though.

Haha, I've been thinking the same thing. Whatever small hope I may have ever had of being a professional musician is pretty much gone.

I'd probably prefer being a studio guy over touring, but it would have been fun to try it once (with the right support, not just packing the gang up in a van, I'm too much of a wimp for that).

Archived