OT:Had to defend myself today!!

Shredison

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Actually, rather hit him with the palm of your hand, in the area of your wrist.

Yes, actually a palm strike with the base of your palm. Very effective, hits like a punch, doesn't break your hand.

It's what Karate guys use to break bricks.

:idea: You never want to punch the bowling ball (skull).

Street fighting, as opposed to boxing, ... ;)

• Members
Good for you!

BTW, open palm is good for hitting the head. Fists are good for ribs, ...

Hit something hard with something soft, hit something soft with something hard.
;)

Words to live by...I wished someone would've said that to me when I was a lot younger. In the very few fights I have been in I just swing (closed fisted) at the head....it always worked but damn, my finger's hurt afterwards...

BTW, I think I've been in 3 fights in my entire life...all before the age of 25.

• Members
Haha I can't believe people can actually act like that. He {censored}s up and then gets pissed at you? That guy must be a ton of fun to hang around
:freak:

+1 to that. WTF is up with people that drive like crap, and then when you honk at them, it's suddenly your goddamn fault?

I think you did the right thing, but I personally would have opted for a few rib kicks once he's down.

Big +1 to that too. Although I not only would have kicked his ribs, I would have lectured his dumb ass how stupid it is to get out of your car and pick fights with random people when you absolutely no idea what skills they may have nor what weapons they may have on them. I also would tell him how painful it is for me to NOT have a video camera with me at the time, because it would have made the best YouTube video of the month, seeing some punk ass kid roadraging, then getting their ass handed to them. :lol:

• Members

this is why i carry an asp retractable baton in my truck. nothing like a broken collarbone to get someone to reevaluate their outlook on life

:lol:

you definitely should have called the cops though, to at least report his license number.

• Members

I'm glad things worked out as well as they did (apart from your hand). From the perspective of my armchair quarterback status, I likely would have driven off when he started to get out and then called the police. If the guy had turned around and was armed, you would have been screwed. I try to avoid physical confrontations as best I can (in large part because I am often armed--yes, I'm licensed); if I'm cornered and in fear for my life or the lives of my loved ones, its a different story entirely.

Archived