New metallica "crazy fast" no pro tools....

TheDarxide

• Members
As if someone in Velvet Revolver has any idea what "crazy fast" means.

Ugh, Lars without a click? That's going to sound terrible. Unless they do like 300 takes of everything.

Why do you think it takes them that long to put out teh album :p

• Members

You guys believe everything you read. This guy is talking out his ass or was lied to. There is no way in hell they are doing a pro album without a click. I also guarantee they are using ProTools. The guy probably means "there are no serious alterations/looped riffs/fixed notes from ProTools". This is the internet, guys. Don

• Members
You guys believe everything you read. This guy is talking out his ass or was lied to. There is no way in hell they are doing a pro album without a click. I also guarantee they are using ProTools. The guy probably means "there are no serious alterations/looped riffs/fixed notes from ProTools". This is the internet, guys. Don

• Members

Its going to sound like total {censored}. If they haven't gotten the clue in this many years they never will.

St. Anger was the most pathetic metal album I have ever heard. The songs were horrible, production was laughable.

They will fail. I doubt any of them have even listened to a modern metal album in the past ten years or more.

• Members

• Members

• Members

+10000

c'mon, everything is recorded with a click (or some sort of metronome), even if you would record a Johnny Rebel tribute on a piece of vax in your trailor with your wife/sister, you would probably use a metronome..

That's not true at all. There's lots of metal that isn't recorded to a click, like most grindcore and especially doom metal. I imagine that the same is true of most jazz recordings. I highly doubt that most punk is recorded to a metronome. And classical is virtually never recorded to a click, because you want to be able to use rubato. Basically pop and rock are the only genres where a click is all but required, and even there I'm sure there are exceptions.

That said, I doubt that Metallica will be doing this, for reasons stated by many above me.

• Members

Fast and heavy doesn't mean crap. I can think of a ton of bands who are both those things that can't write a song for {censored}. Metallica had great songwriting on top of those things...that's what made them good.

• Members

• Members
+10000

c'mon, everything is recorded with a click (or some sort of metronome), even if you would record a
Johnny Rebel tribute
on a piece of vax in your trailor with your wife/sister, you would probably use a metronome.. But these guys are recording prolly the most anticipated album in the last 5-6 years and they won't use a metronome? sure.

I'd LOVE to record a Johnny Rebel tribute album! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Members

• Members

I think just having Bob Rock out of the picture will be the biggest improvement. That guy was dead weight that was dragging metallica down. He got too comfortable on the payroll and forgot what his job really was. He should have got the boot years ago.

Huge +1 They didn't start to suck until Bob got on board, he's just a hack player who always wanted to be in a band but was never good enough to be in one and when the chance came to "produce" metallica he jumped and became the "5th member"

blah:rolleyes:

• Members

I think just having Bob Rock out of the picture will be the biggest improvement. That guy was dead weight that was dragging metallica down. He got too comfortable on the payroll and forgot what his job really was. He should have got the boot years ago.

I think he was problem #1. A close 2nd was the fact of the era Metallica hooked up with Rock in------the {censored} '90s. That was a time of alt rockers and metal/advanced guitar playing was in the dumpster for years. But things have been coming back around for those that appreciate metal/advanced guitar lately and Metallica was definitely at or near the top of the '80s metal bands, so hopefully they feel refreshed!

• Members
i cant imagine how impactful and significant itll be when they actually release another thrash album. i hope for everyones sake that its good

i know this is sarcasm, but is it just me or was Metallica always the least thrashy of all the 80's thrash bands?

:freak:

maybe it was just how crappy Lars' drumming always was that makes me say that :lol:

• Members

right but is there eqing etc on a tape or anything like that? im just unfamiliar

All that stuff is just done OTB (out of the box) with outboard gear as opposed to ITB (In the box) with plugins. Generally speaking, outboard gear>plugins. But if you really want a hoot, go to a recording forum and post "ITB or OTB? Which is better?".

Archived