GIRLFRIEND + FRAMUS COBRA

Johansolo

• Members

so i was getting depressed that i wasnt getting the most out of my cobra, because i no longer play in a band and cant crank it.

my complaints mainly RE" the crunch channel being too bright and a little on the fizzy side at low volumes (below 9oclock on the volume) this never was a problem when i was playing in a band.

ive also just ordered tung sols and ruby EL34BSTRs from the tubestore & dougs tubes to try warm it up a little however i have to wait a while before the arrive (i live in australia!)

so i thought i would try the KSE settings that joel(guitarman96?) posted on my framus...to my surprise (because of the low volumes and me not having a boost pedal) it sounded like absolute ass! and worst thing was that i couldnt get my lead channel back to sounding how i had it before...even thou i used the exact same settings!!!

then i tried using the crunch channel and it still sounded way too bright (even with the presence completely off) which i also have accepted due to me playing alone and not in the band.

clean channel at least still sounds good...

now enter my girlfriend...who knew i was upset and down.I told her what was bothering me and she says...

"let me adjust the settings" which at this point i said yes.

(my girl also plays guitar btw)

anyways...turns out that i had the fx mix at the wrong spot, and that the output level of my gt3 in the fx loop was too high/with the GT3 effects level being too low) my eqs/channel/master volumes are pretty much the same as before.

she tweaked the fx mix and gt-3 whilst i played and wow...much better than i have ever had the amp sounding..and the effects sound better and CLEARER!

she then tells me not to ever think about selling the amp as it was her that suggested for me to buy it in the first place (over a 5150 i was looking at)

she then tells me to stick with playing the epiphone valve jr as im too stupid to have an amp with that many knobs...did i just get pwned???

• Members

Consider yourself lucky that you have A) a girlfriend, that B). she plays guitar, that C). she has a good set of ears, and that D). she knows how to correctly adjust machinery!
Listen to her and allow yourself to be pwned in situations like you just described! :thu:

You could have no girl, the amp still sounding aweful, you would still be depressed, and you and your hand would be dating!

I'd say right now that you are one lucky bastid! Wouldn't you?

• Members

Just to clear things up...i wasnt upset because the amp sounded bad. more like i was frustrated that i cant get the best out of this $$$$ amp due to my decision to quit my band. i know what this amp is capable of sounding, and kinda feel frustrated that i cant get the same tone at bedroom levels.

and there was nothing wrong with my eq or anything, it was mainly the fx mix knob and the Mostly the output settings on the Boss GT3...which i only use for effects and midi switching. i was always a straighforward stomp box guy.

Archived