Ebay buyer's racist address. Hahaha.

JoshuaLogan

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Exactly. So many of you are so fast to call anything and everything racist. The word got burned out a long time ago.

Oh come on, you see a town down South called "Whiteville," its not that big of a stretch to think, "Hmm, it wouldnt suprise me if this was named by a bunch of slave owning rednecks." :lol:

Its not like its never happened before. ;)

you know talking doesnt make you seem smart....

You are horrible at this. :lol:

• Members
You know that roll eyes doesnt make you seem smart, but congrats on taking the time to google.
:thu:

Im actually suprised it really is named after someone named "White." Down south you see all sorts of blatantly racist stuff.
:lol:

I have to admit that I've met my fair share of racists down south in and around the Shreveport & Baton Rouge areas (haven't really travelled the south very extensively outside those areas)
but I also have to wonder whether it isn't a case of YOU
seeing "all sorts of blatantly racist stuff" that really isn't.

• Members
I have to admit that I've met my fair share of racists down south in and around the Shreveport & Baton Rouge areas (haven't really travelled the south very extensively outside those areas)

but I also have to wonder whether it isn't a case of
YOU

seeing "all sorts of blatantly racist stuff" that really isn't.

Im born and raised in the south. This aint my first rodeo. :lol:;)

• Members
LAWL @ everybody attacking Telephant.

Remove your bunched panties from your asses.

He's completely justified in assuming something like that...it's not like he was stating it as fact.

Thank you, Sir. And I mean, I did preface my post with "but it would not suprise me." :D

• Members

That's an assumption based on your own prejudice though.

I would say that it was a fair question based on his sensitivity to racism. There is plenty of historic anecdotal evidence to merit such a thought. Ascribing any question of racism to "reverse racism" is ridiculous.

Punishing people for asking questions about racism on either side is exactly what both the PC Nazis AND those who profit from racism (on all sides) want.

Telephant asked a question, got an answer. Walk it off. Throwing around accusations of prejudice because someone raises an issue is simply bull{censored}. If we cannot ask questions, how are we to gain the knowledge that will dispel our ingrained ignorance and bias? It's not the person that challenges the status quo that is to be vilified, but the person who, in command of the facts, refuses to change their thinking.

I think we've all learned a valuable lesson. :idea:

• Members
Telephant asked a question, got an answer. Walk it off. Throwing around accusations of prejudice because someone raises an issue is simply bull{censored}. If we cannot ask questions, how are we to gain the knowledge that will dispel our ingrained ignorance and bias? It's not the person that challenges the status quo that is to be vilified, but the person who, in command of the facts, refuses to change their thinking.

I think we've all learned a valuable lesson.
:idea:

Nice wordy retort, however it is a reflection of one's own prejudice to cast aspersions on the origin of a towns name without first doing research into the matter. Assuming it was born out of racism simply because you experienced racism yourself is the same thing as assuming all black people are criminals because you were mugged by one.

Besides, It's not like I'm calling him a reverse bigot for stating his opinion.

• Members
I had a Negro tell me pool was a racist game. The table is green representing th earth, the white ball knocks all the colored balls into the holes and saves the black ball for last. He really believed that too. He was a pretty cool guy but man did he think whitey was out to get him.

I went pretty deep into studying a lot of Racial Studies in college, and after. I will certainly not deny that there is some ridiculous {censored} out there. I think people forget that we are only three generations removed from Jim Crow, two generations from dogs and firehoses in the streets. Just as White xenophobia gets handed down, anti-White sentiments do as well.

Some of the stuff concocted during the Black Panther/ Nation of Islam era is just hysterical - on one hand you have some very sane and real social, economic and political criticism. And then you have stuff like not wearing bleached cotton because it is a symbol of the White Man trying to bleach color form the world. Playing cards - the Blacks are Spades and Clubs (working tools), while the others get Diamonds and Hearts - also racist :freak::freak:. There's a ton of these. The people that use this as a tool to mirror White ignorance unfortunately cloud real issues, and allow dismissing of more real issues and problems because of their own craptastic foolishness.

Honestly, the only answer for this {censored} is education and discourse.

• Members
:freak:

C'mon, live I've got any competition here.
:p

do you come here to actually talk about amps and music, or do you just troll this board to start arguments with people you dont know over the internet?

i dont think i've ever seen you post anything on this board that wasnt some form of {censored} talking to somebody or high fiving one of your butt buddies for {censored} talkjing to somebody.
:rolleyes:

Archived