HCAF phrases you never want to hear again

JoshuaLogan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's mine: "Let me chime in." I seriously read this atleast 5 times a day on here and TGP. Drives me nuts. Can't stand it. The whole "organic" and "sterile" things are pretty damn annoying too. Most of the time this place sounds more like a bunch of snobby wine connoisseurs and art collectors than a group of guitar players. Which overused HCAF phrases could you happily go without ever hearing again? I know there's a few I'm blanking out on right now.

"What is the BEST_________"

• Members

Don't lie. You love it when they ask; you get to spam your rig a few more times.
;)

What I am trying to get people to understand is that the answers are ONLY important if they ask the right questions.

Not selling my rig though, it RULEZ and I love it. ;)

• Members

yeah, acronyms suck, half the time people use them without first call it what it in good ole plain english.

like in threads about bands, those people go off with the ATR, AILD, SF, A7X, and HHLL. I dont know what this {censored} is until someone mentions it in a reply post that actually spells out the name.

• Members
The whole "organic" and "sterile" things are pretty damn annoying too.

I dont mind this at all, especially when talking about vintage style amps. Because some of them do tend to sound flat (like a blackface bassman) while others sound very alive like a Tweed Deluxe. :idk:

• Members
I dont mind this at all, especially when talking about vintage style amps. Because some of them do tend to sound flat (like a blackface bassman) while others sound very alive like a Tweed Deluxe.
:idk:

I totally agree those are good descriptives to use regarding tone.

• Members

You really think that?
:D
I know some bluegrass/country players that could totally embarrass all but maybe a few players on this forum with their technical ability.
;)

I think you didn't understand what i said:

When people tend to say they play 7 different styles, they usually can't really play not even one style like it has to be played, therefore, they cannot play at all.

Archived