HCAF phrases you never want to hear again

JoshuaLogan

• Members
I dont mind this at all, especially when talking about vintage style amps. Because some of them do tend to sound flat (like a blackface bassman) while others sound very alive like a Tweed Deluxe.
:idk:

Agreed. I, unlike many in this thread it seems, find the organic/sterile thing to be accurate and useful. I also am a frequent abuser of FTW and /end thread stuff because well... when someone brings the win it's necessary to recognize it.

Like when I was the only person in a thread 100 posts long to mention Tweed Fenders as being a good choice for a Fender amp that can do classic rock...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
yeah, acronyms suck, half the time people use them without first call it what it in good ole plain english.

like in threads about bands, those people go off with the ATR, AILD, SF, A7X, and HHLL. I dont know what this {censored} is until someone mentions it in a reply post that actually spells out the name.

What is worse is when they are talking about gear. Example: FWIW, I really like the HJ - FBX but the MLO made by GHF is a lot more organic. But, IMHO, if you are into music by GSW and DCV you should try the LKJ by TYF...End of thread:poke::cop:

• Members

"Tone" is such a horribly abused cliche.

"I like that amp's tone"

"That amp has so much tone!"

"That amp on the other hand has no tone"

"I don't have as much tone as some of you guys..."

"The tone went away"

"Man that dude has tone for days"

Ugh.

Also, anything Renoir1 and his homebitches post. this smiley needs to die ----> :o

brootal, brewtal, br00tuhl, all such variations, and actual guitar sounds to which these terms are applied...they need to die too.

• Members

When people can't seem to find it in them to use the homonyms

your and YOU'RE are very different words children

their they're and there...? Don't even get me started. Most of the kids here don't even seem to know that there is more than one "there"

all the "teh"s :os :poke:s :cop:s and IMHOWTFBBQFTWs in the world couldn't gripe me more than "Your going to the mall?" "there tone sucks" :mad: damn kids

• Members
"Tone" is such a horribly abused cliche.

"I like that amp's tone"

"That amp has so much tone!"

"That amp on the other hand has no tone"

"I don't have as much tone as some of you guys..."

"The tone went away"

"Man that dude has tone for days"

Ugh.

Also, anything Renoir1 and his homebitches post. this smiley needs to die ---->
:o

brootal, brewtal, br00tuhl, all such variations, and actual guitar sounds to which these terms are applied...they need to die too.

:o:cry::o

• Members
Here's mine: "Let me chime in." I seriously read this atleast 5 times a day on here and TGP. Drives me nuts. Can't stand it. The whole "organic" and "sterile" things are pretty damn annoying too. Most of the time this place sounds more like a bunch of snobby wine connoisseurs and art collectors than a group of guitar players. Which overused HCAF phrases could you happily go without ever hearing again? I know there's a few I'm blanking out on right now.

Your sig is full of sniffer central......just saying ;)

• Members
Ah yes..................

"This is the best guitar/amp/cab/ I have ever played.....wish I did not sell it......"

Translation........I am a freaking idiot please bitch slap me all over HCAF
:idea:

Best amp ever = whatever amp they just bought that day :idea:

Giving advice amounts to ---> "Buy what I have! It's the best!" :freak::D

• Members
Ah yes..................

"This is the best guitar/amp/cab/ I have ever played.....wish I did not sell it......"

Translation........I am a freaking idiot please bitch slap me all over HCAF
:idea:

I have a better one.

"What amp should I buy for clean tones and some rock for $1000? I really like me some great 70s vintage tone..."

Response:
"I don't know man, but my _________ (enter some brewtulz amp in sig... see 5150, Framus Cobra, Uberschall, Engl, Recto, etc... must have 100billion features that have only been common in amps since 1992) sounds {censored}in' awesome and is totally worth the 6k I spent on it. You may need a Modded Metal Zone to boost it to get it where it really needs to be but then it's the {censored}ing {censored}! You should totally just save up for one."

• Members
I have a better one.

"What amp should I buy for clean tones and some rock for $1000? I really like me some great 70s vintage tone..."

Response:

"I don't know man, but my _________ (enter some brewtulz amp in sig... see 5150, Framus Cobra, Uberschall, Engl, Recto, etc... must have 100billion features that have only been common in amps since 1992) sounds {censored}in' awesome and is totally worth the 6k I spent on it. You may need a Modded Metal Zone to boost it to get it where it really needs to be but then it's the {censored}ing {censored}! You should totally just save up for one."

Yeah, I love when someone suggests an amp and then says they ALSO NEED a boost to get it where they would want it. :rolleyes: SHEESH!!

• Members

Yeah, I love when someone suggests an amp and then says they ALSO NEED a boost to get it where they would want it.
:rolleyes:
SHEESH!!

Nope, I do that all the time. But, when someone asks for clean and rock, and someone then posts a metal amp + boost setup that's way out of price range and does NOTHING the OP asks for but just happens to be hte amp they own in their sig, it cracks me up.

If I were gigging regularly, my setup with be a JMP and Twin A/Bd with at least three choice of boosts on the floor... so yeah, you're looking at the wrong part of the post here.

That being said, if you're not being sarcastic, there are sometimes where the boost thing is totally ridiculous, sometimes it has it's place though. I think a lot of guys on here fall into the former category and don't know it.

• Members
Nope, I do that all the time. But, when someone asks for clean and rock, and someone then posts a metal amp + boost setup that's way out of price range and does NOTHING the OP asks for but just happens to be hte amp they own in their sig, it cracks me up.

Those are the ones just trumpeting what they own and not trying to give useful advice :o

If I were gigging regularly, my setup with be a JMP and Twin A/Bd with at least three choice of boosts on the floor... so yeah, you're looking at the wrong part of the post here.

That being said, if you're not being sarcastic, there are sometimes where the boost thing is totally ridiculous, sometimes it has it's place though. I think a lot of guys on here fall into the former category and don't know it.

Don't forget there's a subset population that believes that an amp has a design flaw if you choose to use a boost with it for additional tonal flavoring :p

Archived