Krank Haters, this clip WILL change your mind.

Chrisjd

• Members

Sounded good. I'm not blown away. It's definitely not a tone I would want personally.

Best Krank tone I've ever heard was As I Lay Dying's live tone (they were boosting with 808s I believe).

If you've got a brain, a mic and a mixing board with parametric EQ, you can get a decent sound out of basically anything. Perhaps I should record my Fender Mini Twin...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Upon listening to it through a better system I think I like it less. The tone is very hollow. It sounds like a scooped Mesa with lower low mids. I like the highs a tad more then a scooped Recto though. Definately has a randall vibe going on.

• Members

I didn't dig it. Playing was good, but the amp sounded gainy with a lot of harsh harmonics, like a lot of old randall solid-state amps. It was a bit "washed out" too, as if the amp was trying to cover the whole sonic spectrum, meaning it would get lost in a mix.

I can see it being useful for some applications, but defiantly not my thing.

-W

That was in a mix, at least so I though:poke:

I don't like the sound of the amp but I did however,

like the tuneage and song.

• Members

i guess its still the cool thing to be a krank hater around here
:idk:

In my case and quite a few others I am sure it has nothing to do with "Krank hating". I personally just

don't dig the tone. Nothing more nothing less.

I like Rectos. Lots of people don't. There have been

a lot of Recto clips that I have hated the tone on too, so it is simply a matter of hating the tone, not the amp.

• Members

In my case and quite a few others I am sure it has nothing to do with "Krank hating". I personally just

don't dig the tone. Nothing more nothing less.

I like Rectos. Lots of people don't. There have been

a lot of Recto clips that I have hated the tone on too, so it is simply a matter of hating the tone, not the amp.

Don't hate the tone OR the amp. Hate the player. :p

Seriously, I think the tone is pretty good. One thing I noticed is that, for the musical style, the gain isn't overly saturated, so I can still hear some nuances in the playing.

But since I'm not the target audience for the amp, I appreciated the playing itself more than the tone. Nice articulation.

• Members

I just feel they are not worth the pricetag???I'd rather own a B52at

And that's the main reoccurring theme. If this was priced to compete with a "fitty", more people would be picking them up, and you'd hear less bitching. I'm fairly convinced that the street price is just there to make everyone who got one on a sponsorship deal happy. I don't know anyone who paid full asking price for this thing, and I've shared a stage with plenty of them. If it was under a grand new, you could justify why it's such a one trick pony. Unfortunately most people here are looking at the one trick this pony can do, and they are wondering why it costs so much...

• Members

+1 too flubby for me.

+1, definitely flubby on the palm mutes. I like tight palm mutes, in the style of a 5150.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great tone. But I can probably come close to that with my valveking, with an EQ and a clean boost. And that's 1/4 of the price of that Krank.

Archived