Krank Haters, this clip WILL change your mind.

Chrisjd

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

haha, didn't think you were actually going to post it Chris. Got all excited to hear a Krank clip, then saw it was mine, lol.

Thanks for the opinions everyone, positive and negative. Different strokes, that's cool. That was actually a Rev1 cab with V12 legends though btw

I actually liked this clip better, but Chris thought the original sounded better. I ended up changing it to 6L6 tubes from the 5881. I might change back though if the consensus is the 5881 are better.

http://media.putfile.com/Krankerlead

• Members

Chris, you would have gotten better responses if you started this thread as "mystery amp".

I've posted a sound clip on here on H-C before... got a bunch of great reviews until I revealed that it was a Line 6. After I revealed the amp.. the thread went down the {censored}ter.

• Members

Chris, you would have gotten better responses if you started this thread as "mystery amp".

I've posted a sound clip on here on H-C before... got a bunch of great reviews until I revealed that it was a Line 6. After I revealed the amp.. the thread went down the {censored}ter.

yup probably, i agree. That tone is just wicked, thick, and very balanced. I hear so many {censored}y tone recordings on here that are so thin and distant, yet people praise them.

• Members

haha, didn't think you were actually going to post it Chris. Got all excited to hear a Krank clip, then saw it was mine, lol.

Thanks for the opinions everyone, positive and negative. Different strokes, that's cool. That was actually a Rev1 cab with V12 legends though btw

I actually liked this clip better, but Chris thought the original sounded better. I ended up changing it to 6L6 tubes from the 5881. I might change back though if the consensus is the 5881 are better.

HA, best krank clips i have heard to date. Cant wait to play the savage 120 with my other guitarists krankenstein.

• Members

The amp definitely works for that song...but lets not forget that it's been doubled...which changes the perception of tone a little bit.

Does this amp really work in a live situation? Does it cut through the mix?

If they weren't called "Krank", they'd probably be accepted a little more.

• Members

The playing was good. The tone, not so much. Fizzy and solid state like. Exactly why I don't like em.

exactly. while I did not hate it, it was nothing I would EVER try to emulate. when some one seeks out that certain tone, well that = good tone... I cant imagine any one striving for that.

• Members

The amp definitely works for that song...but lets not forget that it's been doubled...which changes the perception of tone a little bit.

Does this amp really work in a live situation? Does it cut through the mix?

If they weren't called "Krank", they'd probably be accepted a little more.

Lets just say i run a cobra through a 4x12. My other guitarist runs a krankenstein through a 2x12, and i hear him just fine.

• Members

Lets just say i run a cobra through a 4x12. My other guitarist runs a krankenstein through a 2x12, and i hear him just fine.

I'm sure you can hear him....but can you make the amp find it's place in the mix? I'm asking because I've never played, seen or even heard one except for the previous clips in this thread.

• Members

I'm sure you can hear him....but can you make the amp find it's place in the mix? I'm asking because I've never played, seen or even heard one except for the previous clips in this thread.

As far as I can tell yes. I think the cobra is maybe a little more dominating though, plus he is playing through speakers that have more midrange and upper end bite.

• Members

I understand and respect you guys and MOST of your opinions, but damn, some of you are REALLY hard to please. For a straight up metal tone, this clip is about as good as I have heard on HC.

I'll agree with this. I thought the tone and playing was pretty kick ass. I think as soon as you say "Krank" people have already formed opinions before even listening.

• Members

ok, you wanna put up one of your clips?

Single most retarded thing said on an amp or guitar forum.

User B doesn't like User A's clip he posted, therefore to validate his opinion User B must post a clip. If User B's amp clip isn't br00tal enough for User A, User B's opinions are all deemed completely invalid.

• Members

Single most retarded thing said on an amp or guitar forum.

User B doesn't like User A's clip he posted, therefore to validate his opinion User B must post a clip. If User B's amp clip isn't br00tal enough for User A, User B's opinions are all deemed completely invalid.

A. who the hell are you?

B. i dont care how brutal his clips are, but I have heard PLENTY of his clips, and while i respect him, he isnt recording amps as well as Erock did in this clip, nuff said.

C. about what i would expect from a satch guy.....

• Members

Im having an extremely hard time deciding if i like it or not. Ive listened to each clip three times now with my eyes closed and just focusing on the sound. Honestly I hear good and bad. I do hear a lot of flub in the bass, that being said, I also hear some awesome leads, but they do have a hard time standing out from the flubby rhythem, not on par to say a mark IV, but incredible non the less. I think the amp definitely appeals to a certain genre, and I think the clips accentuate the genre and type of playing very well. I think Krank makes a very solid, durable product and if anyone is into that kind of tone or style, then they should absolutely go for it. The clips had great chops and great production, kudos to the artist

• Members
A. who the hell are you?

B. i dont care how brutal his clips are, but I have heard PLENTY of his clips, and while i respect him, he isnt recording amps as well as Erock did in this clip, nuff said.

C. about what i would expect from a satch guy.....

A. Some guy posting on the internet.

B. So as long as an amp records well, it's a great amp? I've played Krankensteins and Rev 1's both. They don't sound good in person, to me. That doesn't mean the opinion is invalid. It means I don't like them. Nobody pissed in your soup, they just might not like how Kranks sound. Don't worry, you'll be okay.

C. Wow, was that supposed to be a dig at me? Witty :thu:

• Members

B. So as long as an amp records well, it's a great amp? I've played Krankensteins and Rev 1's both. They don't sound good in person, to me. That doesn't mean the opinion is invalid. It means I don't like them. Nobody pissed in your soup, they just might not like how Kranks sound. Don't worry, you'll be okay.

:

I have already stated in this thread, and others, that the krankenstein sounds great in person to my ears, when dialed in right, not just on recording. I have also heard it sound like {censored} before, as with any amp.

• Members

exactly what i would think. post is as an ENGL SE and ull be amazed at the amount of :thu: responses you get

Archived