Krank Haters, this clip WILL change your mind.

Chrisjd

• Members

Yea, which only tells me NOT to listen to other people's reviews and opinions about amps. So many {censored}ty clips around here that get 10x the praise of this one.
:rolleyes:

yeah exactly. if it was a splawn or mark IV clip the bass would be "fullness" and the grainy buzziness which i dont know what people are listening too would be called "sizzle"

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yea, which only tells me NOT to listen to other people's reviews and opinions about amps. So many {censored}ty clips around here that get 10x the praise of this one.

I think you misunderstand... Me personally, I didn't dig the tone, but as I said before I really liked the tuneage and the playing a lot... The production was also very good, making it a stellar sounding clip. I just didn't dig the tone.

• Members

yeah exactly. if it was a splawn or mark IV clip the bass would be "fullness" and the grainy buzziness which i dont know what people are listening too would be called "sizzle"

there's something going on in the low frequencies there, you could probably give it a 5-6 dB eq cut and it still sound full...the high end didn't bother me but those lows do sound really boomy to my ears

it could be some kinda compression in the overall mix moreso than the guitar recording itself tho, kinda hard to tell

i've heard better krank recordings

• Members

Bottom line is this: Everybody has a favorite amp. Everybody has a favorite style. Everybody has a favorite Band. Everybody has a favorite beer.. Everybody has a favorite whatever..

Not everybody loves Krank.. I, however, do!!!

I think it's great when someone posts something and asks for opinions.. They'd like you to be honest without being abusive or abrasive..

Good tone is subjective, I love and own many different amps, but when I want a "Melt your face off" tone, I use my Krank.. When I play my Krank live many people ask me how I get my sound and that I'm a great guitar player..
You know what I tell them??? I tell them "I'm just controlling the Krank."

Every amp sounds good in a certain situation and I could probably get the same "type" of sound from a 5150 or a JVM or a whatever.. And yes I paid full price for my Krank and I think it's the best amp I've ever owned..

Does that make me a bad person??? I guess so.. You can also hate me because I run 5150 cabs too... You can also hate me cause I run and use Gibsons, DiMarzios, Vox Wahs, and lots of MIDI {censored}.. It sure is fun be prejudice isn't it???

Thank you and have a pleasant tomorrow..

• Members

Er, if everyone tells you that someone's wrong, you might want to consider the possibility that, instead of everyone else being complete wankers, they might, in fact, be onto something.

Archived