OT: Standup Comedians, who is funny?

tdr

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My current favorites are Doug Stanhope, Dave Attel, and Mitch Fatel. Frank Caliendo's impressions are funny as hell. Mitch Hedburg was a big favorite, as was Bill Hicks. Dane Cook is the John Mayer of comedy, in that half the people can't see how anyone could find him funny and the other half can't see how could NOT find him funny. Personally, I don't find him funny at all.

• Members

Ugh. His Comedy Central Presents was okay, but everything else I've seen from his is miserably, cripplingly unfunny.

Also; if someone knows/has heard Bill Hicks, I don't know how you can still stomach Denis Leary.

he's funny if you suspend your standards and allow yourself to giggle at lowest-common-denominator "dirty humor." He's reasonably good at that, IMO.

• Members

Also; if someone knows/has heard Bill Hicks, I don't know how you can still stomach Denis Leary.

+eleventy billion. You guys know that Denis just rips Bill off, right? And anyone who likes Dane Cook or Carlos Mencia, sorry, you guys have no taste. Complete {censored}, they are.

Bill Hicks is the best. He never gets old.

Patton Oswalt puts on the best standup I've ever seen. My face hurt after seeing him. "why is she slobbering on my cock?

Mitch Hedburg was great live too. He was even funny when he wasn't saying or doing anything.

Louis CK is a badass. His show was awesome, his standup RULES!

Jim Gaffigan, Zach Galafinakis, Brian Posehn, Nick Swardson, Morgan Murphy (did anyone mention her? Very funny...). I'm sure I forgot some good ones.

Archived